The BEST Day


Our wedding day… holy cow. It was amazing! Dan and I still talk about how we can’t believe how perfect everything went! It really was a perfect day.



We drove to Twin Falls Friday just before noon, checked into the hotel and I got to see Dan for the first time in a MONTH. It was so wonderful to see him again but it was a realization to be like oh, I’m marrying him tomorrow! Soon after, we left to go to the Temple to take out my endowments. I remember being anxious but feeling just so ready. It was a wonderful experience and I really loved it. I truly know now that what goes on in the Temple isn’t a secret, it’s sacred. The things you can learn there are things you need to prepare yourself to learn. It was simple, wonderful and I can’t wait to go back. That night we went to Chili’s for dinner with both of our families. It was fun as our family’s met and interacted and found lots of things in common.



That night I tried to sleep. Although I did sleep I was constantly in and out of it, tossing and turning. It wasn’t the best night of sleep but I was up and awake at 6 am. A lady from my ward to so kind enough to come to Twin to do my hair, I did my makeup, got dressed and drove to the Temple. I think my breakfast consisted of a bite of a bagel, three bites of a hardboiled egg and two bites of yogurt haha I wasn’t hungry! We got to the Temple and I changed into my dress because we wanted to do pictures in the morning before the sealing. I made Dan put a blindfold on so we could get the ‘first look’ photos that I wanted to do. The look on him face was priceless! I was told he was pacing beforehand :) but the look on his face just screamed ‘Man I love you’ 



We took pictures and finished right on time. Before the sealing Dan and I got to spend some time together in the celestial room. What a special time before our sealing. After we talked to our sealer we entered the sealing room filled with our friends and family. It was simple and beautiful. A special experience I’ll never forget. Then we were married! Woo hoo! We exited the Temple, everyone cheered and we took pictures with everyone. This is where our photographer Katelyn did incredible. It was warm outside and the sun was out so if we were out there taking pictures forever it would have gotten pretty hot. She was on top of it directing people, moving people and getting all the pictures I told her I wanted. She was fast and efficient and it was amazing.

We were ahead of schedule which was wonderful, changed and made our way to the lunch in. The food was amazing! Dan’s mom did such a wonderful job and it was a great time! After talking, visiting and eating, we all eventually got on the road to Boise. I was think by then I’d be so tired that I’d sleep the whole ride home but I was so happy, wide awake and talking the entire drive haha. We went to my house to drop some stuff off and pick some things up and then headed to the church where our reception would be. I ate some food! (that was the most advice I got, don’t forget to eat) We found this amazing lady to help us plan, set up and decorate everything. Kathleen Clements is amazing! She did the reception and the flowers and everything was just perfect! We got a lot of comments about how the gym looked. She did incredible. We had a wonderful time talking and seeing all of our friends and family. We cut our cute little cake. We had our first dance to Wanted by Hunter Hayes mmm perfect! Then my dad and I danced to Cinderella by Steven Curtis Chapman it was such a sweet tender moment. We talked and greeted more guests and friends then about 8 we changed and left the church through a tunnel of sparklers! Our car was also decorated in a lovely fashion :)

It really was a perfect day. So perfect that it was almost…unreal! It was kind of eerie how everything went the way we planned. Everyone kept asking me if I was tired, exhausted and stressed and I can tell you I wasn’t at all. And I’m not just saying that because I really wanted to prove wrong everyone who told me I would be, but I was seriously not tired, exhausted or stressed all day! So to anyone who is or will be getting married- don’t listen to them! You can make whatever you want happen. I was so happy, perky and full of energy the entire day it was amazing.

After opening all of our gifts and cards we can’t help but feel so loved and so blessed and thank everyone for their generous gifts. We are so humbled and the monetary cushion we’ve received has put my worried mind at ease. Dan seems to have a little bit more faith than me and knows everything will work out. We are so thankful to all those who helped in any way shape or form with our wedding and made it the perfect day that it was. We love you all! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January