January

 



Love My boys!

Nate's face!

Brooks being silly







Another round of sickness in our house. Brooks always seems to get a headache, spike a fever, pass out somewhere and wake up later feeling most of the way better. This time we ended up getting cold symptoms afterwards. When I got sick I was tested and whatever it is it's not covid. Dan got it last and was sick into February. It was lingering so he tested again and it was again negative. So whatever we had was mild, still not fun and stuck around forever.

We have this cute bible book about Noah's ark. Carson starts looking at it and pointing to Noah says, "Santa Claus!" Oh. yes I can see how you think that haha. So we kept telling him no, it's Noah. He points to Noah's wife and says, "Mama!" hahaha so I'm either Noah's wife (they look very old in the book) or Mrs. Claus. Not sure whether to be offended or not haha!

We sold our small freezer and upgraded to this beauty! I love it! I love being able to stock up and store things in here, there are so many things you freeze.

Brooks taking pictures on my phone

Brooks played soccer and the week he scored his first goal he got the sportsmanship award and medal. I wasn't there but I was so proud of him! You could see he was so happy and proud of himself!



You can tell when Carson feels he needs more attention.... he starts getting into the baby things



The COVID cases got so bad in Brooks' prek class (and his teachers were out with it) that they cancelled it and did online. Well the next day the cases were so bad in the district that the whole district cancelled school the friday and tuesday around Martin Luther King day. We still had virtual thursday and Wednesday, then went back the next thursday. It was kind of a fun spontaneous break from school.



When Brooks' class was cancelled with COVID we all got sick so I went and got tested. It was negative.


Before the storm came we saw lots of birds around, probably traveling away from it. Look at these hefty doves on our fence. They were huge!

These peanut butter cookie cups were delicious!

Brooks ran into the counter and got the corner right under his eye. ouch!

Poor Nate, always getting bumped (and kicked) by Carson, despite my best efforts.


Carson turned two! We threw him a Cars birthday party and tried to do all the things he would love.



Donuts for breakfast






Chick-fil-a for lunch. Thank you Nate for not screaming in the car, we ate in peace yay!

Carson couldn't hang, he fell asleep mid nugget on the way home haha!

Nate was always 2 months on the same day


I made cupcakes (box mix and store bought frosting, c'mon I have a 2 month old I'm not capable of more haha) with some fun cars characters on them!



He loved the characters and decided he needed all of them in his cupcake


Nate loves his baths

Sunday lesson, the City of Enoch!




I love my boys but man this transition from 2 to 3 is hard than 1 to 2 was. I'm sure there are a lot of things that factor into it but the good days are starting to outweigh the bad, we're all starting to find our place and routine as a family of five and I'm successfully learning how to do everything and anything with one hand while holding a baby. Putting on kids shoes and socks, wiping other kids' butts, cooking, all the things. Man my arms hurt!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important