A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

We had a lot going on this weekend! Some good. Some bad.

I woke up to this Friday the morning
What a great way to start a Friday morning without work!
I seriously have the kindest man ever. He's so thoughtful

After he got out of class and before I had class we snuck in a last minute temple session. Who knew it would be so packed on a Friday mid day! I rushed (because I hate being late) but it was so worth it once you get there and just feel peace.

That evening after classes and homework, we drove down to Idaho Falls for a family BBQ the evening before Logan and Amanda got married. The BBQ was great and I loved seeing all my family and meeting some of Amanda's family. I even got a picture with Sister Bullock :)


All while this was happening my parents were supposed to be making the trip to IF and be there for the BBQ. I had heard briefly from my mom that Dad wasn't able to get off work and that they would be late. Then it got the point they wouldn't be making the BBQ. Ryan and I both had tried calling them but they didn't answer or didn't have service. We assumed they were finally on the road... and we were right, but in the wrong way! I got this picture from mom.

I was trying to figure out how he had sustained quite an injury at work. Last time he had a fight with a box cutter but this didn't look like a repeat offense.

So my dad has had this

but recently upgraded and bought this

Long story short; vehicle in front of him slams on their breaks, he breaks, something goes wrong and he and his bike end up skidding and tumbling down the busiest road in Idaho (Eagle Rd). He has some road rashed knees and wrists, probably a slight concussion, bruises, soreness, minor cuts and a broken & dislocated thumb. Luckily he always wears his gear and would have been in way worse shape had he not had been wearing it. His jeans and riding jacket were shredded and his helmet- holy cow what a scary sight! His head slammed into the median. There's massive scrapes and damage to the helmet. 

Needless to say, they didn't make it down to Idaho Falls that day but we are just so thankful because it could have been a lot worse. God was protecting Him right then! I don't doubt that for a second. To all motorcyclists - always wear your gear!

Notice the size difference? He is hopefully scheduled for surgery sometime this week if the swelling goes down. He gets a pin in his wrist so all the metal detectors in airport security will go off. Yay!

They did make it down to Idaho Falls the next morning. After work I came home to find the apartment spotless at the hand of, you guessed it, Dan the man. I'm spoiled, I know. And then we met up for lunch with my parents and my great Aunt Jeanie and her husband. I didn't get any pictures :( but we had such a great time. Jeanie is my grandma who passed away's sister and she reminds me so much of her! I really enjoyed seeing them.

That evening was the wedding festivities! Congratulations to Logan and Amanda! I'm so happy for them!




please note Grandpa Bullock's mustache :)

with cardboard cut out Sister Bullock


Other highlights of the evening





Dad and Sister Bullock...

Maybe these were the painkillers dancing?

Dan and I decided to stay in Idaho Falls that night so we could go to Beckham's blessing the next morning. After church Cesar's parents hosted a luncheon at the park with some amazing food! Dan was in heaven and so was everyone else. The food was delicious! After we all ate to much and started slipping into food coma's we went our separate ways.

When I wasn't looking Dan got a hold of my phone
and I found this. He knows me so well haha... I've kept it like this... my background used to be our wedding pictures but I'm having a conflict over which is cuter

Surprise from Dan
it's smells amazing too!

Our plans for this next weekend? Relax!

Comments

  1. So glad Ben's okay! Also, Grandpa's stach is boss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha isn't it! It seriously freaked me out the first time I saw it

      Delete
  2. You are seriously the best blogger! I am so happy that your dad is okay too!! That is so scary!! I definitely understand that Dad's with motorcycles can be a scary match... You can also tell your husband that he is totally raising the bar for future husbands everywhere! Haha!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sami!Oh I'm sure you can definitely relate with Dads and motorbikes huh? And I'll tell Dan to tone it down because he's making all guys everywhere feel inferior ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the updates. Pictures of your dad are always hysterical (not sure it was the drugs, though ;-) Scary stuff - I didn't see the pic until now. The wedding looked fantastic - so sad we were not there. Love Dan's surprises, too. You know, he can come visit any time ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know he does like the warm weather in California so... ;) We aren't so sure it was the drugs either when it came to my dad haha! I'll see if I can get the pictures of his gear after the crash, so scary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

This is Important

January