20 Things of Bakersfield

  1. I saw a lady walking her cat on a leash. Dan and I were walking to the fitness room and I didn’t know what to even do.
  2. At Wal-Mart they check your receipt like Costco does
  3. I saw a Chihuahua almost get hit in the road! It was so scary!
  4. I saw a man get arrested
  5. It’s never a good thing when your phone says ‘GPS signal was lost’ while you were using it! I got lucky and found where I needed to go.
  6. Gallons of milk are rectangular shaped, not the square ish shape I’m used to.
  7. There’s a lot more Spanish influence here that I expected. There’s both English and Spanish on everything.
  8. I don’t know where my mailbox is still. I can’t find it.
  9. But I did find the dumpster!
  10. I love making breakfast for my husband. Because he is gone all day I love to get up with him in the mornings, spend some time and eat breakfast with him. I feel like it’s the least I can do plus is makes me feel like more of a wife!
  11. We have new neighbors. I went to offer to help unload his car but he was actually done. I had a 1 minute conversation with him. He seems nice. I think he has a dog.
  12. I have officially unpacked and organized everything.
  13. I feel like we bought a ton of food but our cupboards and fridge are still empty. How does that happen?
  14. I LOVE the fact that we have a washer and dryer in our apartment! Now I can wash all my clothes and walk around naked till their done. Okay not really but you get the idea.
  15. Dan and I had to switch sides of the bed because the AC vent blew right on my side. He’s always so warm and I’m always to cold that we decided it’d be best if we switched.
  16. It’s hot here. I basically stay indoors from about 1:00-5:00 because that’s when it’s the hottest.
  17. I feel like Dan’s working for a rich company. I thought this was a little accounting firm but apparently they’re like the 7th biggest in the nation. Who knew?
  18. With my spare time I’ve been watching more TV. Now there’s plenty of garbage on TV but the History channel is just engrossing to me! I totally get sucked in and I don’t find that bad because I learn a lot!
  19. I can’t wait to get internet so I can start all my sewing projects. I kinda need instruction for the t shirt quilt I’m dying to make.
  20. I chopped off my hair again and I love it! I only grew my hair out for my wedding because I knew I wanted a nice updo and you can’t really do that with short hair. I took a chance with a random hair salon I thought would be good here in Bakersfield and I hit a home run! I love the cut and it is so much easier to handle. To anyone who is thinking I shouldn’t have cut it: YOU DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH HAIR I HAVE. I have such thick thick slick hair is takes me FOREVER to do it in the morning. It takes 20 minutes to wash, 30 to dry, 20 to straighten. That’s if I rush. That’s more than an hour just on my hair. So to anyone who thinks that, you can come do my hair every morning okay? For me this is a brilliant way to wisely spend my time on things that are really important. Seriously, I’d rather be indexing, sewing or reading rather than blow drying my hair :)
And right now we are getting our internet installed as I type woo hoo! I’m excited :) and honestly I’m typing right now, because we’re in the same room and it’s incredibly quiet and awkward. I feel like typing right now gives me something to do because I really don’t want to leave two strange men in my apartment out of view. I don’t think this will take long though… they’re done. Phew! INTERNET! Woot!

Comments

  1. Ha ha I love your list and #13 never seems to go away... well at least at our house :) I am glad to see you two are settling in to married life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January