Hello Bakersfield California!

Well we indeed made it to Bakersfield in one piece and found our apartment. As we walked in my first impression was wow... this is nice! After finding a couple of apartments that one or the other of us didn't feel right about we finally found this option through mention of a friend. They offer fully furnished corporate suites which is exactly what we needed. We don't own a bed, a couch, tables, chairs, washer/dryer-nothing! So the first option was to live in a completely empty apartment and buy and air mattress or to spend a little more money to have a place to live. This was really important to Dan especially because where I won't be able to find a job and be home all day, he wanted me to be comfortable. So we have a wonderful apartment that is a place we can actually enjoy living at. I don't think we have any neighbors downstairs most people probably live in the normal apartments.









We have two pools and a fitness center. A pretty run down fitness center but hey! you take what you can get! I have yet to find the mail box and I'm currently trying to find the best option for internet. Right now I'm at the pool using the complex's hot spot that unfortunately doesn't reach to our apartment.

When we first got here we unpacked the car which only took about 45 minutes! Go us and only 1 flight of stairs to climb. Then we just started trying to organize. Being fully furnished kitchen utensils came with it but I wanted to use all my college things so we packed their stuff away and unloaded mine. We then decided to get dressed (confession we'd bee wearing the same clothes for like 2.5 days straight) That's what happens when you live out of your car for a week and a half! We found a Walmart and a Foods Co that is close to us and bought our first round of groceries. We were each betting how much our entirely full cart would cost. I estimated way too high and we rolled out of there with a surprisingly reasonable price! We unpacked the food and put it away in places where we'd hopefully be able to find it tomorrow and decided to use his birthday free burger at red robin. It was delicious and they even gave him a free birthday sundae!



The next morning was the first day of his internship. I felt like a mom on their kid's first day of school! I was so proud of him. Like an embarrassing wifey I took a picture :) haha


Right now he is actually gone :( They have a big business meeting about an hour away so I will have the apartment to myself until friday night. I hope I don't get spooked. I'm by myself during the day and lately I've been occupying my time with moving it, writing all these blogs and cleaning. I'm going to start sewing to also keep me entertained. I can't wait to go to church on Sunday- maybe I could find someone in the same boat as me that needs something to do? But either way I have a list of things to keep me busy and feeling productive!

Over all I like it here and I feel safe in this apartment complex. I just wish we had  internet! Need to figure that out! Oh but it's hot here. Super hot. And also I'm dying to cut my hair so that'll probably happen... soon. Very soon. Can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January