A Small(wood) World

Today Dan and I went to church at our new ward! It's like right across the street from our apartment and it's at 9am. We love church in the morning because we like being up in the morning, getting things done then being able to relax the rest of our Sunday. It's nice. After enduring 2:30 church in rexburg for two semesters we are excited for the change.

We walk in and it's an old building! It has that scratchy wall coverings that look like carpet from ceiling to floor in purple! It looks exactly like a church building I went to in Canada. It's not a bad thing, I like it's character. We walk in and I shake hands with one Elder then turn around to shake hands with his companion and look who it is. The one and only Wade Smallwood. We both just stood there like.. uhh...wait.. what's going on?! The crazy thing is he's know me and Dan but independently from each other. I met Wade when he roomed with some of my closest friends at BYU Provo. Dan knows Wade and his brother from Colorado. So here comes walking in two people that Wade separately knows and they're now married! It's was so crazy! I knew he was in California but I wasn't sure of the mission. The best part is he just got here too! So we are going to be in the same ward for a while. How crazy.


For all of those who know Elder Smallwood, from what I've seen he's doing wonderful! He and his companion both talked today in sacrament and Wade is a wonderful speaker. He's one of those great missionaries that can make people listen, take interest and be on fire for the Gospel. He is a compelling missionary and his excitement is contagious. What a great coincidence.

Our ward seems good. Everyone tells me that there's tons of young couples in our ward but I haven't seen any! They're probably all in primary. It makes me think we'll probably be called to primary or nursery too. Don't get me wrong, I'll accept any calling given to me but when you're new in the ward and put into a calling surrounded by the children of your ward for 2 of the 3 hours, you don't meet other adults like you would have the chance to in Sunday school and especially relief society/ priesthood. I can just see us keeping to ourselves if we were given a calling like that which isn't a bad thing either! We love spending time together. Either way has pros and cons and imagining Dan handling primary kids is awesome. We're excited for anything that comes our way!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January