Hey look, I'm meal planning!

Man do I feel like a WIFE.

Growing up I always remember my mom having a menu. She has notebooks and notebooks full of calendar days and meals. She keeps them to look back for ideas. Dan said his mom did something similar and that he always likes knowing ahead of time what's for dinner. When we were dating we talked about both of us wanting to have a menu and meal plan to save time and money. I love this idea so now that we're married I said okay lets do this.

After we did our first initial food shipping trip to get all the basics for us I started gathering old and new recipes from my head, pinterest and from things my mom has made. It was a little harder than I thought it would be but I think that's because (1) I really don't have a plethora of recipes to pull from and (2) I wanted to make and try new things. But I did it! I put old and new recipes on there, left over days and breakfast for dinner nights. It is easily movable and flexible if we decide we want to go out or celebrate.

I planned dinner for the rest of the month, made a shopping list and tried to shop smart. I felt pretty good and that I know this food will go for more than a month for sure. You plan for a month, but really we'll have more for sure.

Here's some of the recipes I'm going to be trying in the next month






Mmmm I can't wait! World's Best Chicken is tonight!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January