Colorado Reception


We obviously slept in after driving all day and late into the night. We spent the morning getting ready and organizing all the things we need to take to Bakersfield. We ran some needed errands to deposit all the gift money into the bank, moving my money to Dan’s bank account and getting me a debit card for his account. We picked up Chinese for lunch for everyone at the house and soon after my parents arrived. We went through the gifts from Boise and spent the rest of the afternoon getting everything ready for the reception. It had started to look really windy and cloudy but in the distance the sun was totally coming out. As we got into the car to drive to the community park it started raining. I was just praying the weather would get better. I personally didn’t care that it was raining but I didn’t want all the hard work that went into this open house to go to waste! It was breaking my heart and we were all praying it would pass. The wind was insane but within 10 minutes the rain started to die down and the most beautiful rain bow I have even seen came out! It was a full complete rainbow and then a second one almost started! It was so pretty and such a good sign! The rest of the evening had perfect weather.

We had such a good turnout in Colorado and it was so fun to meet all of Dan’s friends and people from his ward. I got to meet people I’ve only heard about so it was awesome. We had great food is a casual setting, it was perfect! We had a wonderful night and it was a lot of fun. We cleaned up everything went through and organized the gifts and said goodbye to my parents. I won’t see them until Christmas! They drove to Vail and met my grandparents there to stay.

We packed up everything in the car and luckily all our stuff fit! I'm pretty sure we even had room to spare. Kudos to me not bringing everything! We ate and then left to drive to vegas then stayed a night, then drove the rest of the way to Bakersfield!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January