So I Got a Job...

Yup that's right! I am officially employed! A million applications and a handful of job interviews later and I finally snagged one. For living is Rexburg that pretty darn good! You are looking at the new Breakfast Hostess for the Quality Inn Hotel. This is going to be awesome because...

+     My shift is from 6-10 am. Hello waking up and gettin stuff done!
+     I can still take classes (next semester too) and have time for everything else (maybe even a second job, we'll see).
+     The job will be easy, that manager even told me that
+     I take care of all things breakfast (who doesn't love breakfast?) 
+     Afterwards, I clean up (I'm a great cleaner).
+     Hotels are everywhere and working at one may give me a small toe in the door for when I'm trying to find a job where ever we go to grad school.
+     The Quality Inn is a half mile north of my house. Hello to walking distance, which will be nice because Dan is in class when I get off work.

So yeah! I'm excited! Dan even took my out to Costa Vida to celebrate :) [This was a BAD idea, looking back WHY did I choose Costa? You'll find out later below] I don't start the job quite yet. The manager is going to have the head housekeeper call me and we'll go from there. It may not be the most amazing job there is in Rexburg but I'm happy with it! A big thank you to all those who have been asking, hoping and praying with us for me to find employment. God is amazing isn't He! With Him nothing is impossible!

I forgot to mention that Dan made this on Sunday!
It was awesome! I was browsing through pinterest and found it. It's a copycat recipe of the pizookie at BJ's Brewhouse. We went there when we lived in California and LOVED them. That was my first time but Dan has always liked them. We had all the ingredients so he made it and it was so delicious!


Lately I've also been stressing thinking about schooling. Ahh it's so stressful because I don't know what I want! I have a lot of different interests but nothing that just jumps off the page. And then there's this struggle of do I go to school or should I be working or should I be having kids? I'm sure most women have had those thoughts in your head all at once. So I've done a lot of planning, thinking and scheduling and I think I have a plan at least for next semester. While I have grants and scholarships that pay for my schooling and more (I basically get paid to go to school) I think I'm going to take a full load of classes next semester. I'm going to change my major to get a Bachelors in Health Science with an emphasis in Public Health and then two clusters in Family Studies and Administrative Assisting. For those non BYU-Idahoans a cluster is like half of a minor. So you can have a minor, or two clusters. It just makes it more flexible for those with multiple interests (like me!). 

I have all my semesters planned out until I would get my bachelors but I'm still undecided if I'm going to go all the way for a bachelors. Every mother in the world is telling me 'DO IT NOW! You'll regret not having the time later' I've had this idea pounded into my head that I need to have a degree to be educated and that's not necessarily true. I still have the desire to be a dental assistant swimming around in my head. As of right now we don't know what state we'll be in so I don't know the requirements, if an office will just train me or if I need to go to school for it. And if I do need to go to school for it, is it worth it while we're trying to pay student loans for grad school? I'm trying to balance the divine gender roles of men providing and women raising families while also trying to prepare for the unimaginable future of a freak accident that leaves me having to work. I haven't quite figured out how to balance those roles versus being prepared and which one is really important. I'm sure everyone and their dog has an opinion on this but the hard part is, no matter how much advice I get, they don't know my future. And that's why following the spirit and listening to our Heavenly Father is so important! It's easier said than done though. Can you tell I've been thinking about this A LOT?


Aaaaanyways I think I'll just take those classes next semester because it's basically free and see if they give me money next year too and go from there. Like I said I'm wondering if I can fit another job in there somewhere too...

I know you're probably tired of goat videos but this one is super funny!


How did your Tuesday go? Wanna know how mine went?
 [You'd probably rather not CAUSED IT SUCKED] but you get to hear about it anyways.
If you don't want to read about my awesome being sick experience, then you can skip down to Wednesday. It's pretty funny though and I spare the details. Mostly.

+     I woke up and didn't quite feel right. When I stood up I bee-lined to the bathroom. 
+    After that I felt really nauseous so I tried eating some bread and sitting down. 
+     Bathroom
+     TERRIBLE stomach cramps 
+     I sat curled up in the fetal position in the bathroom for an hour, listened to Pandora and cried. 
+      Nothing was helping so I took a bath.
+      That was genius! I felt great! [Until I got out] 
+    Drained the bath and stood up to legit shower, shave and wash my hair.
+     Magically all the hot water is gone. Suuuuuucksss 
+     I decide it's not worth it. I'll shower again tonight. Now my legs look like two yeti's and my hair looks like the guys that sang MmmBop

Pick any one them. Better yet combine all three hairstyles. So matted and gross but I don't care.
THEN I...
+      Laid on the bed for an hour because the cramps hurt too bad to move. 
+     Bathroom 
+     Finally got dressed (like 11:30) 
+     Vegged on the couch. Did some homework. 
+     Actually ate and kept down food (trail mix and carrots) tried drinking water. 
+      Bathroom 

I still have these intense stomachs cramps. They're not like period cramps, they higher up and they're not just uncomfortable, they HURT. They come in waves and I have to stop everything I'm doing and breath through them they hurt so bad. Do I sound like I'm going into labor with contractions? Because this is what I imagine it feels like. I'm going to end up on TLC's I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. Kidding, no baby. I'm not pregnant guys, just an analogy and just really sick.

Gatorade in my blender bottle, trying to re-hydrate
I KNOW it looks like pee, but it's not. It's lemon-lime and it's the only kind we have (Dan's favorite).

I posted on Facebook that I got food poisoning from Costa but really I don't know what I have. I am positive I got it from Costa though. It's weird because I had a sweet pork burrito and Dan had a shredded beef burrito, then when I couldn't finish it, he ate the rest on mine (like a quarter of it). Guess what, Dan is fine! He has an iron stomach I swear. I've been googling my symptoms and it sounds like a viral GI thing going on a.k.a. the stomach flu. So it's one of the two but I know I got sick from the food.

I look and feel like death right now. Please what-ever-I-have, go away.

I was able to keep down a piece of toast and an egg. I watched Tangled and got way too emotional then fell asleep. Then later (around 6pm) the stomach cramps finally disappeared  I treated myself to a quesadilla. It was exhausting making it because I hadn't eaten like anything and standing up for 15 minutes and doing stuff was hard. Let's just say it wasn't the greatest Tuesday in the history of my life.

Currently I'm [re]obsessed with word searches
 I forgot how much I loved them! Now I do them like non stop.

So far my Wednesday has been a million-bajillion times better. I am alive, doing well and feeling fine. A little weak (I was so out of breath walking up the hill on campus today) But hey I've had like 300 calories max in over 24 hours. This was the best diet ever. Lost 8 pounds in one day. I wouldn't recommend it. I do feel slimmer though haha. Oh and my abs are SO SORE. Those stomach cramps did a number on my obliques. I was like hey, I love the help though, those obliques aren't always easy to work out. I feel like my body did a lot yesterday.

The theme of this Wednesday is being pleasantly surprised.

I dropped Dan off at class and went to the DMV to finally get my name changed on my license. The DMV is usually a terrible experience hated by all. But this experience I was pleasantly surprised. I went like a half hour after they opened. No line, no one was there, I walked right up to the desk and they helped me. Granted, the Rexburg DMV is split up and it's a small town. Boise or Meridian's DMV's area big room of chairs surrounded by counters and you take a number. This was a little bit more intimate  But the lady was so nice and I got my temp card until my new one comes in the mail. And you know how the signy thing is SO HARD? Well I was pretty pleased with my signature this time. But I cut it out of the picture (precautionary security reasons) so you'll just have to imagine it.


Then I made my way to the Benson to figure out my classes and holds. The hill to campus was killer today (like I said up there) and I kind of got lost but I found the office! I was under the impression that because I have more than 60 credits (I have 62. 62!! Really?) That I have fill out a petition form to change my major. That means I have to do a lot of busy work with papers, two degree audits, planning and explaining my reasoning to my old college to my new college within the university. Doesn't sound fun huh? But my student advisor said "Wait a minute..." And went to go talk to some people. He came back announcing that because I had only declared I was getting an Associates in General Studies and just now deciding on getting a bachelors that they can just update my major. No forms or petitions required. AND I don't have to declare a minor OR any clusters. AND I was also able to call the grad office and remove the hold on my account. I was once again pleasantly surprised.

I feel like the universe is trying to make up for yesterday and it's okay universe, I accept your apology. I'm so glad everything has worked out in my favor and is making things easier that I thought they would be. I feel very watched over today and you know why?! It's because I said my prayers this morning. Sometimes it slips my mind but today it didn't. Seriously, prayer just makes your whole day better. Seriously, just try it. It's a no fail experiment that will work in your favor, every time. I'm so thankful I'm being watched over and blessed!


Comments

  1. So if you haven't looked into changing your catalog year thats an option too. The new catalog year (with the same major) doesn't require you to have a minor or clusters, just so many electives. So usually people who switch get done faster because suddenly all their credits count for something and you get to take any class you want for your extras! Just a thought [:
    Also I don't have advice for the whole "when to have baby" "when to do school" etc, because any advice wouldn't help YOU decide. But I thought about something President Clark shared at stake conference. He said to just look forward with hope. Fear causes us to see a different future than we should really be seeing. Its just like marriage. You didn't get married because financially or economically it made sense. You got married because it is a commandment and you found the timing of keeping it that you felt was pleasing to the Lord. You'll find your timing for this commandment too. No stress [:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That's exactly what he did for me while I was there. I had no idea I could do that but my catalog year has been updated and I'm pretty stoked about that!

      Thank you so much for sharing that Amy! That's so true and I hadn't thought about that before. Man that relieves a lot of stress for me, thank you! I figured out with the Lord's help who and when to get married, the Lord won't leave us alone on these decisions too. That's exactly what I needed to hear right now, thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed reading this Aubrionna! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January