Bread and Buns

Oh my goodness. I have found the most amazing bread recipe - ahhhhh! It is glorious! I got it from here but only did 1 loaf (to test it out) and no rainbow colors (too much work!)

Amazing Sandwich Bread for 1 loaf
1 cup of warm water
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/8 cup canola or vegetable oil
3 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp yeast

I put all those ingredients in my wonderful bread maker [in that order, making a hole for the yeast on top] pressed the dough button and let the machine work it's magic.

I turned the dough out onto a floured surface and shaped it into a loaf looking thing.

I placed it in a greased bread pan and set it on top of the oven with a towel over it while I preheated the over to 350.

It didn't raise much more. I put it in the oven for 15 minutes [I probably will do about 20 next time] and it rose so much more in the oven! I should have taken before and after pictures.

I let it cool completely on a wire rack (it was so hard to wait) and probably still cut it too early but I don't care.

It's bomb

Doesn't that look like normal bread you buy at the store? Seriously, I'm so proud.

And then Dan brought home some num-nums
They were delicious of course!

We have officially said no thank you to University of Utah
Sorry to all those rooting for the Utes out there!

Annnddd I thought this was clever


Worked Friday and Saturday. Saturday was a ZOO. Everyone and their dog (literally, we allow dogs) was in town. We had a full hotel and breakfast was crazy. Everyone decided to come eat in the last hour. I felt bad because there's no way that many people could sit and eat in that room. Some had to stand, be in the lobby or go back to their rooms to eat, but I really couldn't do anything about that... the funny thing is some of our rooms are closed for renovation so technically not every room was full, just the rooms we had available. I don't know if I can keep up when we have all the rooms available!

Look at this cute Easter package my mom sent us
nom nom nom

I decorated a bit :) 

Friday night Dan and I went to Gator Jacks. That was a great idea! I haven't been there in a while and it was of course, delicious. And I cant get over how good their cookies are mmm. I made the mistake of going to Broulim's on Saturday. I always have the worst luck that the time I go is the time EVERYONE is also getting there and trying to park. But when I finish shopping (It was a quick trip, just a few things) I got outside and there's a million parking spots open and everyone's gone. Why does this happen to me every time!?

Don't mind our tired faces and my messy work hair. Even after a long week we still love each other :)

The rest of Saturday was full of homework, a nap (for me, I didn't sleep well at all the night before) and homemade hamburger buns! I learned this Saturday that seriously the hardest thing to do is to go to bed early on a Friday night and then get up at 5am on Saturday. It's just wrong. After being on my feet, running around and cleaning up after people all morning, naturally the last thing I want to do when I get home is to clean or stand. My sweet husband cleaned the whole house before I got home. I seriously wanted to cry I was so happy. He really is the best!

Our dinner was bomb. We had pulled pork sandwhiches, which is awesome on it's own, but I decided to make homemade buns. I know right? Super cool! I like, never want to buy hamburger buns again! I used the recipe above, stuck it in the bread maker, let it do it's thang, then formed it into buns and sandwich rolls. 350 for 15 minutes. Perfect.

I really had no idea that I could make hamburger buns and the fact that they were so easy is super compelling for me to make them again. Mine tasted waaaayyy better than store bought and even Dan agreed. I feel super crafty. Food crafty that is...

This is what happened when I asked my phone to Google my name
You get Aubrey on a Robinson
Chuckle worthy I think.

Easter kind of snuck up on me this year. I feel like it should be next week. We both kind of forgot about it, other than the packages and candies from others. We didn't even dye eggs! Haha we failed at Easter but I kind of don't mind as much as I thought I would. It's been kind of nice to not have to worry about all the things that really distract us from what Easter is truly about. I like the traditions and what not but it was just refreshing this year. I taught in nursery today, we only had 2 kids which was perfect because we only had two leaders for most of the time! One of them is old enough to comprehend the lesson so it's really cool when they can repeat the story back to you of Jesus being risen from the 'town' [that's how she said tomb :)]. Her favorite part was when we rolled the big stone back and was Jesus there? "He's gone!" It was as cool as magic to her haha. 

I hope we can all remember what Easter is and truly celebrate the life, mission and atonement of our Savoir Jesus Christ. I've been taking a New Testament class this semester and the more I learn about Jesus and his life, I just become more and more amazed and astonished at the man He was and is.
He lives! Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January