Short n Sweet

We're sitting on the couch Friday afternoon when Dan looks at me and says 'We should go to Red Robin tonight' I'm always down for Red Robin. So we invited Jordynn & Mike and Hailey & Dave to all come with. We were told it would be a 30 minute wait but were surprised when they called us after like 4 minutes. The service was off their game though, our waitress was kind of nonexistent but the food was still great. Dan and I both got the Whiskey River BBQ Burger because it's the best, we all ate way to many fries and I drank Dr. Pepper. It was heavenly. Definitely a good idea. But then when we got home I got sick (not from the food, from my absence of a gallbladder. It makes it so I can't handle large amounts of fat). But I don't care, it was so worth it. Then we did some more homework and ended the night with a movie. Nacho Libre, my pick, yes I think it's funny.


The rest of the weekend we did a lot of homework to get a jump start on the next week. There was supposed to be a track meet this weekend but because of the weather it was canceled. 

We had Stake Conference this weekend. The Friday night adult session was really good! Our stake was formed not too long ago and we have an amazing Stake President. President Simpson recently just got home from being a mission president in Halifax, Canada and he still has that fire and drive for missionary work in the Gospel. It's intimidating but in an awesome way. One thing he said that I really liked was, "The testimony you have today will not be sufficient to get you through tomorrow." A powerful reminder that everyday we need to strive to be better and always doing those things that will build our testimony. Sunday I had to work breakfast [still boo, I know] but it was really busy, so that was nice. I like always having things to do at work. I got out of there a quickly as I could and went to Stake Conference only a half hour late, not too bad! Dan said I mainly just missed some singing and all the callings they announce. The Temple President and his wife spoke about really making the Temple a priority. It was really cool to see them speak because the temple is amazing.

Well that's pretty much it! Short and sweet for this weekend :)
And remember that exciting news pertaining to grad school? 
I promise it's coming, I haven't forgot about announcing it!

Comments

  1. Still waiting for the exciting news mentioned in your previous post. I'm not entirely convinced your not pregnant...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah well as far as I know, there are no babies on the way! I think we're pretty close to telling everyone our exciting offer though :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January