I'm a Terrible Wife

I am a terrible wife because I forgot to mention what Dan got me!
The other day he came home with two of these
YAY! I've been really wanting some end tables because we were currently using a big plastic storage container... haha not the prettiest thing. But the best part is that because our apartment complex is right next to a bunch of storage units, people sometimes just put stuff out there for free to get rid of it. These, my friends, were on the house, free, no charge. Dan saw them in the parking lot on his way to track and he snagged them for me! I was so happy :)

Monday night wasn't fun because I had a headache. So I went to bed but the I woke up with it. Uggghhh I swear, that's the worst feeling ever.

Tuesday when Dan and I went to the gym it was so beautiful outside that for our cardio we ran outside on the track. Now... it's been a while since I've ran outside and all you runners out there know how DIFFERENT running on a treadmill is than running outside. Running outside is more work because the ground isn't moving for you. I didn't run like a million miles or do anything amazing but I pushed myself and it felt nice :) 

Then the next day was the first day of spring and what did Rexburg do?  It snowed. Before work that day [at 5:30am] I looked at the weather and saw it might rain or snow so I hummed and hawed about bringing my heavy coat because I was walking home that day and Dan said "you don't need it, it's nice out there" Then I thought... well I'll bring it just in case.

It snowed. Luckily it wasn't supppper wet snow and it's only a 15 minute walk. Just like walking to campus from the Ridge! I've walked in worse, this was cake! One time I had to walk to a 7:45am [strike 1] Chemistry Lab [strike 2] in a freaking BLIZZARD [strike 3]. 3 strikes, why did I even go that day? Oh I remember, the teacher intimidated me so much to get an A and I was terrified to skip lab. The snow was seriously up to my knees with huge sopping wet snowflakes in my face. And as you students know the Romney is on the opposite side of campus from the Ridge. So my 15 min walk home in a lil bit of snow was a cake walk. Except I did slip once.

On Wednesday we got some pretty exciting news... but I'm going to keep it a secret for a little bit longer. NO RYAN (or anyone else) I AM NOT PREGNANT. Hahah just had to clear that up but it does have to do with Grad school for Dan the man. Soo...stay tuned... I'll keep you posted :)

Speaking of Dan the man, he's the best. I always come home to a tidied up home and he even put the laundry away that I had been meaning to do for days a while... haha I'm so lucky to have married a thoughtful man like him!

At work sometimes I witness the weirdest things. Like oatmeal made with coffee instead of water or one person even put sausage gravy (for the biscuits and gravy) on his corn flakes. That one still puzzles me. There's one guest that has been there all this week and I can understand them to save my life. It's so bad, they'll say a whole sentence to me on their way out and I just laugh and nod because I can't make out ANY words. It's awkward. At least for me. Oh and I got another tip this week. It amazes me how nice people are. I seriously need a tip jar don't you think?

Remember up there when I complained that it snowed? Well that snow didn't really stick and I think I made Rexburg mad cause it did this.

I think I heard it was 8 inches of snow? I thought we were done with snow.
Today I learned that Rexburg needs to learn how to plow the sidewalks! This side walk in the picture wasn't bad but a couple of them were pretty impossible to walk on. I was very grateful for who ever's footprints these were so I could walk in them and not get as wet :) They took longer strides than me though (who am I kidding, everyone takes longer strides than me! I have short legs) so I probably looked funny trying to walk in them.

But I'm happy because it's Friday and I don't work tomorrow :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January