It's Monday? Well that was a fast Weekend...

Friday was such a busy day at work! We had a lot of rooms out so breakfast was crazy. But when I say crazy, I don't mean like crazy-I-can't-handle-it-crazy. Because really, I can handle crazy. I got this, I know what I'm doing. And of course the day after I had a couple tinsy tiny complaints thoughts about work, today made up for it.

The little boy of the family who's been in town for a reunion of some sort (they're all staying at the hotel it seems). Walked up to me and gave me $5.00.
"Oh... What's this for?"
He shrugged while smiling his shoulders and ran off.
I looked at his dad [who I think is Samoan and he talks like the firefly from princess and the frog. He is a hoot!] and gave me the whole 'I don't know what you're talkin about face' Haha it made my day.

I guess some hotels actually have a tip jar for their breakfast hostess. I think my hotel needs ones cause because obviously people want to tip me! it sounds like a good idea.

THEN his little boy came up to me with THIS
and said, 'I drew a picture for you!'
I. DIED.

Then I got paid which always makes your day better right?

Then the walk home was beautiful
[yes, this is beautiful for Rexburg]

For St. Patrick's Day I updated our cute chalkboard and now I feel festive

When I made mac-n-cheese for lunch my noodles formed a spontaneous pi
They were confused because obviously pi day was the day before.

Friday night was date night! Well Dan had a TON of HARD homework so I stole him away for dinner. We first decided to go the 5 Buck Pizza but apparently it went out of business or something? We went to their new location and it look barren... are we missing something here? We loved that place! So then we're like okay, let try out The Hickory. Packed. Line out the door. Ain't nobody got time fo dat. So we settled [but not really] for Pizza Hut [cause I love it]. Bread sticks, bacon on our pizza, cinna stix. Heaven! Then Dan hammered out some more homework before sleeping through watching X-Men 2 with me. I didn't remember that movie AT ALL. It was like a brand new movie for me haha.


On Saturday we went to Savannah's (my cousin's daughter) 4th Birthday Party! It was a Tangled theme and it was soooo adorable. All the girls were in princess dresses, had tiaras and wands and Stephanie made these Rapunzel wigs for all the girls. The cake was a tower and they had pin the frying pan on Flynn Rider. Obviously, it was a huge success.



We got her some earrings and an earring holder because she's going to get her ears pierced for her birthday. She looked pretty excited. I may or may not have bought some super cute and super cheap scarves from Walmart while I was there... c'mon, they were $3.00! Scarves and Kohls are usually $12-18. 
Ain't nobody got time money fo dat!

The than evening we had a dinner/game night with all the ladies in the primary and their husbands- it was really fun! We had two kinds of delicious soups with salad and rolls. I of course offered to bring dessert. I made Mudhen Bars again and they were a total hit! They are SO GOOD. If you haven't tried them, you need to. And they're not life anything else you've had before. They're awesome. Then we played Telestrations. Have you heard of this? I hadn't before but it's a bomb game! It's like telephone with drawings. Each person has their little white board book and you write down something or a phrase and then you draw it. You pass it to the next person and they look at your drawing and writes what they think it is. Then the next person only looks at the description and draws it. Then the next person draws it- so on so forth. Then you go through them all and see how it changed. It was so hilarious! Dan made it awesome because of his inablilty to draw. Hilarious!



Sunday was the busiest day! It wasn't the relaxing norm that's for sure. I had to work (boo, I know right?) so I was working super hard from 6am to about 10:30. I was able to get out as early as I could with the help of my coworker. I hurried and changed and hoped my outfit looked okay (I picked it out the night before without trying it on) then drove to church as I shoved food in my face because I was starving. I was there in time for nursery which was awesome because I got to sit down the whole time. Right after church we had a meeting with the Stake Primary leaders. Dan and I were planning on stopping by another church so I could take the sacrament but the meeting went longer than I thought so we weren't able to go. We went home after the meeting and relaxed for like an hour and then we were off to Idaho Falls. We had dinner with Rick and Kris and celebrated Rick's birthday. My grandparents were there and three sets of my cousins and their significant others and children. It was a party! Great food and great people! It was great to see everyone and catch up!





I didn't get pictures of everyone, but we all had a great time :)

Our Sunday night was spent with our friends Mike & Jordynn enjoying our time with some Mario Kart


I have once again been reminded that I suck hardcore at it. But it was still fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January