I went to work when I wasn't supposed to..

...but really, it's not my fault. I didn't know that. So I'm scheduled to work certain days but the night before I call in to see if there's more than 15 rooms out. When there's more than 15 I come in, when there's less I don't. It makes sense because they only need a breakfast hostess when it's busy so obviously they only want to pay me when it's busy. I come in on Monday and see that there's only 14 rooms, she let me stay though because someone else wasn't there and it just worked out. They were supposed to call me and tell me not to come in when they went down to 14 but my phone number was MIA. Haha now they have my phone number and it was all good :) I got a tip on Monday too.

And as of Monday, Dan and I have been married for 7 months!
It always slips my mind but I'm glad he remembers :)

Between Sunday and Monday I've had multiple people profusely thank me for breakfast and the environment. One man made an effort to come up and thank me TWICE and said how nice everything was and how he just LOVED it. An older couple explained to me how they've retired and just travel around for fun. They told me how they have stayed in many, many hotels but this one had the best breakfast and then gave me a tip. I was just so surprised at how grateful people were! I mean I thought we had a good spread but I didn't know our guests thought it was that good. Lets see we have yogurt, hard boiled eggs, Sara Lee danish pastries, Otis Spunkmeyer muffins (assorted flavors), bagels, white and wheat bread, spreadables [butter, margarine  jams, cream cheeses], fruit cups, apples, oranges, frosted flakes, cheerios, milk [2% and skim], waffles [the make your own delicious kind], Pillsbury biscuits & sausage gravy, oatmeal, then of course- coffee, hot cocoa, apple juice and orange juice. I thought that was pretty normal spread but people seem to really enjoy it. Maybe it's the fact that I keep it super clean and filled?

Then on Tuesday a man had reentered the breakfast room to get one more drink before he checked out. I had been talking to him earlier when he first came in because I like to make our guests feel welcome and then on his way out he stopped, turned to me and said in the most genuine and adamant tone, "You have the most lovely and radiant smile." I was so flattered and surprised and I was speechless. It didn't even come across creepy or weird. He honestly and truly meant it and it was so nice and so kind, it totally made me day and made me tear up a little bit after. Of course I thanked him for his nice compliment and we joked about that's why I get to host breakfast and then he was on him way. The point is, there are some genuinely delightful people out there and I'm glad I got to meet one.

I've been on an oatmeal kick for a little while lately
but I'm not complaining!

During work while no one's eating breakfast I usually pass the time by watching the news they have playing in there. It stays on CNN which I know some people feel is biased but the channel doesn't change, not my rules. Anyways after watching that all morning then coming home and seeing a plethora of view points, arguments, name calling and rudeness all over facebook, I was really, almost desperately looking forward to attending the Temple that night. All of it was just a little overwhelming but as soon as I walked into the Temple, it all was gone. Peace. Comfort. Joy. An escape from the world to be in God's House.


I always see my old Book of Mormon teacher working in the temple while we attend. He is just the nicest person! Seriously, every time I see him he is always to excited to see me and then starts bragging about me to whom ever else he is talking to. I always get so embarrassed haha I had no idea he thought so highly of me and I had no idea I made such an impression on him.  Guess the moral is, people are always watching you, act accordingly!

Today is busy... well for Dan at least! He has two tests, track and a group meeting so I probably won't be seeing him until 9 or 10 tonight. Everyone send good vibes his way!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January