One down, twelve to go!

I don't remember which things happened which day so here's what we've been doing!

 +     I watched Rio and Lost while Dan went to go play basketball. Good trade off I think :)

+     Light grocery shopping and DI looking. I'm on the hunt for: TV stand, couch, coffee table and an end table if I'm lucky.

+    Picked up my pell grant and scholarship money. I don't think I've ever been handed that much money at once. It was awesome.

+     I made Daryl Conley's famous peanut butter cookie recipe. SO GOOD.


+     I got into the class I was on a wait list for. Yay!

+     Emailed our manager about our dishwasher. They're coming on Saturday to look at it. Yay!

+     I took some cookies over to Stephanie and Parker! They live like 2 and a half minutes away from us and I had to go pick up Dan from work so I swung by with some nummies. Love those two!

+     I slid into on coming traffic. Luckily I can drive in snow better than other 20 year old girls and maneuvered just fine. I just had to turn around in a gas station to get going the right way again.

+     I waited in the parking lot for about an hour outside of Dan's work. A customer walked in at 6:57.
6:57.
The store closes at 7. A missionary looking for a plethora of clothing for his mission. To everyone reading this please be aware and respectful of a stores closing time. Really. So he finally was able to leave and we got home about 8pm. But it was okay because I spent the hour talking to Ry on the phone :)

+     Found a way to watch Pretty Little Liars on my laptop. So excited. I LOVE that show. Personally I think Toby is being a double agent and that Jason is the bad guy all along. Well actually I've read the book plot on Wikipedia and I know what actually happens but I'm not gonna ruin it. Plus they might not follow the books exactly!

+     Doing homework, reading articles, looking at my next two weeks. 14 online credits is no joke! I really gotta be on top of things for these classes!

+     Found a couch on craigslist! I can't wait to have it here so I can sit on it! This futon hurts my butt when I study for a long time.

+    Watched White Collar with my favorite roommate ;)

And that brings us up to Saturday! Saturday morning was spent cleaning and organizing the apartment. It needed it. Moving in and starting school, plus it wasn't super clean when we moved in. I was able to do some good touch up and it looks so nice in here :) Dan had to work open to close today but he got to watch the Broncos play so that was good!

We had the managers come for our maintenance [happy dance] woo hoo! The dishwasher is in fact clogged, I'm so glad I didn't run it! And they are going to call in a professional to fix it all up so for now, we will continue to hand wash our dishes. And really, it's not a big deal. They fixed our doors! It took a lot of playing around with but two of our closet accordion doors weren't shutting because one seems too long. But they're fixed yay! The vent is all screwed in and the toilet seat is secured.

Then I did some homework and decided to try out my new bread maker. Well it started out great!




And then... well... Hahaha... well I'll just show you.



Sad looking loaf of bread huh? My theory is this is going to be like making pancakes the first one NEVER turns out. I used a standard bread maker recipe I found online that called for all purpose flour. All the ones in the manual that came with it called for bread flour. I think for the next one I'm going to try to use a recipe it came with and use all purpose flour instead. From what I've read it'll be fine, just a different consistency? Maybe this is going to be like my sewing machine and you just have to get to know each other before it all works? For instance, I swear my old iPod could read my mind! It'd be on shuffle and it would always play the song I was thinking I wanted next. My new iPod...well we're not that close yet. I think this bread maker and I need some quality time together.

And tonight I get to go on a date :) Oooo I know right? Out to dinner we go!

This cat has better dance moves than I do.



Sunday has been great. Other then it's -15 outside. NEGATIVE FIFTEEN. Ahhh why did they building a BYU in this frigid part of Idaho? Well it's not that bad... I'm just complaining because I always forgot how bone chilling cold it is here.

I love the fact that we have early church and our ward seems really great. I'm really trying to stretch myself and reach out and make friends because although I'm pretty outgoing to those that know me, I've found that I can be very shy in new situations. So I'm trying to be better but sometimes I just get so self conscious! It's a work in progress but it seems like there are some great people in our ward. The lessons that was taught were equally great too especially the Relief Society lesson. It was one of those lessons where you feel inspired, overwhelmed, ready and confused at the same time... I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about but it was a good thing!. Hahaha oh and also our records were read in during sacrament along with all the other new people and we were 'Danielle and Aubrionna Rowbison' (I tried  to phonetically spell it how they said it) The last name, not worried about that but I'm not sure what happened to Daniel... it was funny. Our friends behind us were snickering as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January