Endless ToDo List

Saturday night Brookee came to visit! She was already in Pokey and just made the rest of the trip up to see friends! We had a great time catching up and slept on our wonderful futon!


(old pictures but I forgot to take any!)

We all woke up to a wonderful surprise. No power. Awesome haha. I think it went out sometime in the early morning. Dan was planning to get up early and do some homework but we didn't have internet and we didn't have phone service. Later Dan got up, showered in the dark, and got ready for class just in case they were having class. We got word by text from the school that classes were canceled until 10:15 and that if you're cold, go to the BYUI Center. We were cold, but not that cold. We ha no heat, lights, cell phone service and internet until about 9:15 am. My phone was barely working and I'm so glad I was able to get the university's texts because then classes were canceled until 11:30. that means no school for Dan. We all just layered up and huddled in blankets. I was just hoping nothing in the fridge would go bad because we have no idea what time the power went out. But now everything's working and we're warm :) A big thanks to the 5 people who gave us blankets for our wedding, we kept them ALL and they for sure came in handy!

It's a Monday. Anyone get that reference? I hope so hahaha... anyways this Monday is an exciting Monday for today we hopefully will get our couch tonight! Then Brookee will have a couch to sleep on instead of an uncomfortable futon! And I got a call that a plumber will come tomorrow to fix our dishwasher. I'm happy. Monday has been good to me already.

The rest of Monday was spent doing homework. I kid you not, from 10am to 5pm was straight homework. 14 online credits is serious business. For one class I had 6 articles to read and two video to watch. Another class I had 7 articles to read, 3 quotes, and 5 videos to watch. I haven't even touched two of my classes yet. I did a lot of reading today. Then we took a break to go to the store before we went and got our couch!

I'd like to present to you the newest home furnishing.....

Our couch! I am so happy to have a couch! It seriously is so great, I just love it. Our friends Maddy and Jacob have a huge enclosed trailer and they were so generous to help us move it. I know Maddy from high school but we really haven't talked since then. She is such a sweet girl and I'm really we got to see each other. 

When we got to the seller's house we had to use a lighter and a candle to thaw the locks on the trailer! Sadly the guy's pipes froze so we couldn't use any water to thaw them but the fire worked! Rexburg is ridiculous it freezes everything. So we loaded up the trailer, paid for the couch, came back and moved it into our place. Then they were talking about how they were trying to sell some things and showed me their TV stand in the trailer. I was like yes, that's perfect! (we're currently using a plastic tuppaware as a TV stand...) So they said great and just gave it to us. Seriously, they use their trailer and help us move our couch and then they just give us a TV stand too. They definitely have some thank you treats coming their way! But they are so great and I'm so thankful for their kindness. Our apartment finally looks like people live here. I love that it feels and looks more like a home now.

do you like our TV rabbit ears sticking out from the back?

Dan is like a freaking polar bear or something. Maybe not a polar bear...more like a penguin. Before bed Dan insisted he was so hot that he needed the fan. I consented because the heater had been on all day and could see how he could be warm. He turned it off briefly after we went to bed. Our thermostat isn't super high tech or temperature sensitive so we just turn it off at night. During the night outside our covers it can get pretty brisk! Sometimes I feel like I'm camping. Anyways at like some absurd hour in the morning Dan gets up to turn the fan on. How can you be hot when it's like -2 in our apartment because the heat hasn't been on all night? I just don't get it. It's -20 outside and my husband needs a fan. I think we need to ween Dan and our nephew Alex from fans. This could be an unhealthy relationship.

A little while later Dan got up and went to class then work. I got up a little after he left and started to do my homework. Want to see my to do list for this week? I keep it alllll on my electronic sticky note.

FAML 160 - 3 - Family Relations
Read Chapter 1 (VIP: 10-14)
Reading Quiz SAT
Watch Demographics
Fill out viewing guide
DB initial WED
+2 responses
Reflective journal
Self Assessment SAT

FAML 220 - 3- Parenting WED EVE
Read Explanation
Read Proclamation
Read Satterfield
Read Holland
Read Packer
Read Monson
Watch Hinckley
Watch Scott
DB initial WED
Reading Quiz WED
1 responses SAT
Write Patterns 1 page SAT
DB declaration SAT
Reflective Journal SAT
Reflective Journal declaration SAT

FAML 300 - 3 - Marriage
Read State of Our Union 2006
Read Kimball
View presentation
Read/skim Amato
Read Oaks
Read Broderick
Read Quote
Watch Wallerstein
Watch Faust
Watch Amato
Watch Divorce School for Kids
Watch Oaks
Reading Quiz WED
DB initial WED
2 responses SAT
Transitional Character 1 page SAT
Start Genogram
View Genogram Powerpoint
Reading Accounting SAT
Reflective Journal SAT

FDREL 200 - 2 - Family Foundations
Create and Post Scripture Plan TUES
PLP Progress 1/19
PLP Progress 1/22
PLP Write up 500+ 1/26
Read Maxwell
Read smith
View Powerpoint
Doctrinal Foundation Study Guide
Read Eyring
Read Hales
Reading Quiz THURS
ALL reading DB
2 responses
Read Case Study
DB Case Study
Unit 1 Assesment
EX Memorize Proclamation

FDREL 211 - 2 - NT THURS EVE
Read Matt 3-4; Mark 1; Luke 3-4; John 1-4
3 Principles WED
DB principle WED
+ 2 responses SAT
Student choice activity
SCA DB
+ 2 reponses
Section C assignment
Class DB post
+ 2 responses A & B
Reflection Journal
Weekly Declaration SAT

GS107 - 1
Read Goldilocks
Read high- tech
DB initial WED
+2 responses SAT
Cyberbullying Assesment
Cyberbullying Senarios SAT
Read Etiquette SAT
Etiquette Quiz SAT
Safe Web Reading WED
Safe Web DB initial WED
+2 responses SAT
DB quiz SAT
Read Phising and Malware SAT
Phising and Malware Quiz SAT
Read Social Media
Social Media DB initial WED
+2 responses SAT
Read Web History SAT
Web history quiz SAT
View Copywright video
Read copyright WED
Copyright DB initial WED
+2 responses SAT
Copyright DB Quiz WED
File Sharing reading
File sharing Quiz SAT
Citing and Documenting SAT
Copyright 101 
Copyright 101 Quiz SAT

Yeah furrr reallzz. Did you make it down here? Too bad when I pasted it, it didn't copy the things that I've done and strikethrough-ed. Crossing things off my to do list makes me feel infinitely better. If I forget to put an assignment on my to do list and then I do it, I'll often times put it on my to do list so I can erase or cross it off next time I check it. Hahaha okay that sounded way more ridiculous when I typed that out... moving on...

So all these articles I have to read, pretty much none are less than 2 pages. most are about 8 and the most being 23 pages... or the 86 slide powerpoint...not sure which one is more...as I was trying to read all this I realized I was tired. So tired. I was falling asleep sitting up and could barely keep conscious through a sentence. So I allowed myself a 15 minuted power nap. It seemed to help me get through the rest of the day. I stared at my computer screen reading, writing, responding, watching from 10am to about 5pm (with power nap, lunch, switching laundry and occasional facebook breaks). I feel like I want to gouge my eyes out.

One sad thing did happen on this Tuesday. I anxiously waited for our repair man to come and he never did! Turns out when the manager talked to the company they forgot to write it down and actually schedule it. Bummer! So now the plan is Thursday. C'monnnn Thursday! I want my dishwasher!

Our evening was quite delightful though! I made philly stuffed peppers for dinner- one of my favorites! Dan came home from work (no last minute customers yay!) and we ate. Then the Relief Society presidency stopped by and they seem great. Dan actually ended up distantly knowing one of them so that was cool! Then the Elders Quorum stopped in and said hi to us. I enjoyed getting to know the leadership in our ward, they seem great.

Wednesday, more homework, more reading and today I've been super hungry. Like constantly starving it's weird. Do you need a Wednesday break? I thought so! Take some time to see if you can find the corgi in these pictures! And then if you need a longer break Franklin has a Facebook page too. Endless hours of corgi fun!
Happy Wednesday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January