WE'RE DONE.

On Sunday night we went to this great fireside by Dr. Lund about creating happy marriages and families. One of the things he said that I really liked was about criticism. Criticism has become apart of our culture, our everyday life that it is so normal for us to criticize ourselves, each other, everyone! He gave everyone a challenge to try to go 24 hours with out criticizing someone. I think everyone could benefit from thinking about and applying this!

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings Tuesday night with the gang (Mike & Jordynn and Haley & Dave) because we're all moving away! Mike & Jordynn are moving to Texas and Haley & Dave are going to Arizona. I'm so glad we've been able to become friends! Making new friends seriously gives me anxiety but this group has always been so nice and so awesome to hang out with. I really going to miss it! :( We all have fun adventures to go on and maybe we'll have a 'family' reunion someday. Oh btw I was so excited for wings ALL freakin day. Seriously I made sure I came hungry and chowed down haha. My favorite is their salt and vinegar wings. Sounds weird I know, but they are to die for. Mmmm it was so delicious!

Wednesday night was Grad Night. All the graduates (and significant others) got to hear from President Clark, receive their letter from Pres. Clark and their alumni gift. Thinking about it all I barely started to get emotional- Dan's graduating, we're leaving this school, Rexburg, never coming back. It all started to become real and now I know that I will probably bawl (in happiness) during graduation. BUT that might be hard because Dan is saying the opening prayer at commencement! AND I have to sit up on the stand with him. In the BYUIC. In front of all the graduates. And their families. And their extended families. I asked Dan if he was nervous to pray and he said no. I'm STILL trying to figure out what to wear!

Thursday morning we had an awards breakfast to go to! 7AM we were on campus and dressed fancy for Dan's Oustanding Graduate award. We got a yummy breakfast and a very nice looking plaque! The teachers nominate 5-6 students each semester based on who they think is an outstanding student. Am I surprised Dan was on that list? No, no I'm not. He works so hard, he helps others, he's an example and he's a stud.



The rest of the day I studied all day for Epidemiology (my last tests) Then I went to class and reviewed and took the test. I think I did well on it! That night we were planning on just grabbing Taco Bell for dinner and going to a bonfire for my class. We went to Broulim's to get chocolate for s'mores and as we were driving to Taco Bell Dan went the wrong way and pulled into another parking lot. In front of an asian place he's like, 'Eh... I wanted asian' but then we walk past it and he's like, 'Well how about the Hickory' I was like well... okay what? sure? What if there's a wait? What are you doing...waiittt a sec.... whats going on? Then I saw the Primary Presidency that I serve with and their husbands. Surprise! They organized a surprise going away dinner at The Hickory because we're moving. How stinkin nice is that?! I don't know what I did to be a recipient of such love and kindness. We missed the bonfire but to be honest The Hickory was so fun and so tasty. Good food and great friends. They even all signed a card for me! Seriously, these girls are GEMS. And kudos for Dan keeping the secret from me. He's almost too good at that... After dinner we all went an played frisbee, catch and golf in a park next to where we live and got snacked on by skeeters. It was so awesome.

Friday I woke up bright and early for work FOR THE LAST TIME. Hello! Wow, that's exciting! I've liked working there but I'm ready for bigger and better things. My last two days I was training my replacement so it was actually a super easy last two days. I've learned a lot there and I'm compiling those things in a separate humorous post that hopefully I'll finish soon.

I took my last final and did my last presentation and I'M DONE! And so is Dan! Well I'm not graduating but I'm done with this semester! I received A's in 5 of my classes and a A- in one. I'm dang proud! On Monday I'm meeting with my adviser to figure out my grad plan to finish online an through other schools. I'm pretty close to finishing so I want to do that now!

As of today we have officially started packing! Well.. Dan did haha We move in about a week and we're onto a new chapter. Graduation is next week and I'll probably cry (tears of happiness) and I'm just so exciting for everything that's going to happen. Ahhh the semester's over and I'm done with work! I can breathe!
Dan made BOMB BBQ chicken calzones


Seriously look at this deliciousness

Playing with flour..

I got a parking ticket on campus but I got it waived because I was actually okay to park there

Finals... blehhhhh

On wednesday we have to evacuate the Hart Building and the firemen came
They had excellent timing though because we were supposed to give our final presentations right then haha

Awkward things from this week
- I went to a group meeting and sat next to a girl I completely didn't know and started a conversation with her only to realize she was not the girl I thought she was.
- Someone in the library watching embarrassingly funny videos who happens to not have clicked her head phones in ALL the way. Everyone could hear it. It was loud.
- Walking by someone you know while having to sneeze a ridiculous sneeze. The face turned out to be a cry face mixed with a 'I just smelled a dead rat' face.
- When you show up to work and you find out your training the person who's going to take your job.
- When the fire alarm goes off in the Hart during class. Everyone evacuates. Then everyone gets let back in except your class. The fireman at the one specific door wouldn't let anyone back in while all the others did.
- When you put the wrong picture on a presentation that has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING and almost present with it like that in front of the class.
- At work when I'm carrying the trash bag over my shoulder to the dumpster and a guest snickers behind me, 'Ho, ho, ho!' Wow. You are so original.
- That guy at the gym who's instagramming the weights he has stacked up before he lifts them. Every. Time.
- When I was late to my last class of the semester in which i had to give a final group presentation in because I was in the testing center taking a 75 question final. That was poorly planned indeed. Luckily it all turned out okay.
- Seeing a wiener dog at work that was so fat I'd call it a sausage dog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January