Birthday Week

Waaayyy too much happened this week! Let's see if I can remember it all!

My birthday was awesome. I'm surrounded by the best people and I picked a pretty darn good husband. I didn't have to work on my birthday woo!! And I woke up to this





Dan is the best and the breakfast was delicious! 
I got ready and made myself look super cute on my birthday, did some homework and then received these:
from my mom and dad :)

I did some homework (I know, but I had to) and then Dan came home from class and showered me with love. He got me some delicious sweets, nail polish, more scentsy flavors and new shoes!
I took this picture during class but I love these shoes. They replaced my old flats that I've completely worn out.

I had to go to class (bummer I know) haha but then we went out to dinner that night. I chose Da Pineapple Grill because their sushi is delicious!

Then we went and saw Despicable Me 2. It was SO GOOD. I will own that movie. Seriously it's so funny and cute and fun and clean. It's great. You should go see it.

We came home and were relaxing and Dan was like
"Hey, can I have some of your left over sushi?"
I was thinking, does he really want that? I was just going to throw it away...
He eventually persuades me to open the fridge and low and behold I see this

 Then he's like "Oh and can you get the milk out of the freezer, it needs to thaw out some more"
I found this
He's so sneaky!! It was the best :)




We had a pretty fun 4th of July. My family came to town for my birthday/the 4th and we had a really fun time! I worked that morning but afterwards we drove down to Idaho Falls to meet up and go shooting. It was surprisingly scorching outside and I got an awesome farmers tan.



We shot my dad's gun, Rick's guns and aimed at targets and threw some clays. I'm not the greatest shot but it was still fun!

That afternoon we had a fun BBQ with all the family; Dan and I, my family, Rick, Kris, Sierra, Logan & Amanda and Ally & Cesar with their kiddos. We had some delicious food and awesome company. That night some of us went down to the river to watch the Freedom Celebration fireworks. Dan and I were planning to just go down and hang out with the family, eat some delicious food then leave early so we could get back in a timely manner for class in the morning. Anyone whose been down there for the 4th knows the traffic is INSANE after the fireworks. So we went down there and had some amazing huckleberry mini doughnuts! I saw a corgi! I almost went to pet it. We scoped out a spot and played some games. When it came to around 10 Dan and I headed out (I was tired anyways haha) but it was awesome because on the drive home we saw every firework show for all the towns around! It was so cool. Plus because of the accident at the river in IF the fireworks didn't start until 11pm anyways so that was a good call for us. We saw great fireworks in Driggs last weekend so we were satisfied.


Friday morning Dan went to class and then we celebrated my 2nd birthday with my family here! We started off the day right by taking a trip to the zoo. My choice of course :)








We got subway for lunch and Reed's ice cream for dessert. Can you say yum! We did presents back at the house and then saw Monsters University. It was funny and clever. It was not what I was expecting but I still liked it. We had a delicious dinner and celebrated with cake, ice cream and some games. I did take one picture with one of my gifts.

yes, that is a stuffed corgi

Saturday morning we all went up and saw Mesa Falls. It's about an hour north of Rexburg but it was so pretty!










It was so pretty! You can tell by the pictures. I was impressed by my phone's HDR camera!

THEN I SAW THIS
This is Ginger. This is a bad picture but I saw another corgi! I even got to pet this one. Best weekend ever!

Saturday night Dan and I went to a baseball game while the rest of the fam went and saw Despicable Me 2.
We went and watched the Grand Junction Rockies play. It was really fun and I enjoyed it!


Phew! Well I think that was it! It was a long, busy but fun weekend! I had such a great birthday and I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such great family and friends. We had such a great weekend and it was so awesome to spend time with my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January