Catch Up

You know that research project I was doing? Well it's just our luck that none of our data is valid. Sad right?! Something about one of the chemicals we were using got left in an fridge that got moved and wasn't at the right temperature and went bad. Sooo... We're kind of switching to a new one. It's much less invasive and still involves chocolate milk. Win-win!

Dan came home and surprised me with this
Isn't he great!

I made cookies!
yes they were as bomb as they looked

Then we went and hung out with one of Dan's friends from his classes and his wife. They live right outside of this!
Beautiful isn't it!

We got to go fishing!


First fish caught EVER!

 I caught a little one and then the big one ate him so I caught two
See that tail sticking out of his mouth? 
Fishception
Who knew fish were cannibals.

 Dan took me to the driving range
where I exemplified how little knowledge I had about golf :)

I surprised myself though, I had quite a few good shots

Dan was doing so good!

And yes, I know he is super tan. He browns like a marshmallow

Funny story. So like... a week and a half ago I decided to sign up for A BUNCH of restaurant newsletters and birthday clubs because my birthday was coming up and I wanted some deals. I used an old email so all the crap emails wouldn't bug me. I singed up for everything from Red Robin, Tucanos, Olive Garden to Arby's, Cold Stone, Dairy Queen and Sonic. I have gotten a lot of coupons. They're not screamin like we-have-to-use-this-before-it-expires but more like 'Hey we're going to go get ice cream, let's use a coupon!' We invited Jordynn and Mike to go to Coldstone with us because we had a BOGO Creation and it turns out they had a gift card for volunteering at a community event. It was free for all of us. I'd call that a win-win.

Dan is awesome, once again, and I'll tell you why. He got an email this week notifying him that he has been awarded for being an outstanding student in the Accounting Department. They award this to about 5 student every graduation class! We get to attend an awards breakfast in a couple weeks. How cool is that! His teachers nominated him because he's awesome.

This weekend was so fun! Other than the fact I had to work all weekend and we were FULL, we still made the best of it. We went to the Temple, went grocery shopping and then watched Hercules on Friday. I love that movie.

Saturday we went with Mike & Jordynn to the Celebrate America event in Driggs, Idaho. For the most part it was pretty cool! They did it before the 4th this year so more people would attend (probably less competition with the IF fireworks show). It takes about an hour to drive out there and I was getting worried because it looked like there was a mean storm out there. Luckily by the time we got there it had passed. We were shown to park at the museum and then walked to the Hunstman Spring Resort.

The food vendors were okay. The lines were HUGE and I personally feel they needed for vendors to accommodate that amount of people. I was hoping there would be more fair food like funnel cakes, onion blossoms, fried stuff- I don't know just more variety. We lucked out big time when it came to the lines. One trailer had two windows and one line was huge and the other had like 5 people in it. We wandered over there to see if they were actually ordering there and they were so we jumped in! About 2 minutes later they told us they would shut that line down an incorporate people from the other line, but they would serve those of us in line first. SCORE. We got our food with in like 8 minutes when other people were waiting hours - seriously probably like two.

We got our food and went on of the big field were everyone sits to watch the fireworks. The main stage was up front and the Beach Boys were there singing! Okay well the two of them and the sounded just like they used to! It was great. We talked and hung out until the fireworks started at 10. The fireworks were so bomb! WAY better then the Melaleuca fireworks in Idaho Falls. 1) You can see from anywhere) and 2) they're closer so they're bigger! So awesome. Lee Greenwood sang his song Proud to be and American live during the show. It was so awesome!





We set our blankets right next to the exit because we've heard it's crazy traffic to get out of there. As soon as the finale fireworks went off we were already up and heading to the car. A lot of people were already in their cars waiting and trying to get out. We decided it was a great idea to literally run to our car. So we did. In flip flops we ran down the road about a quarter mile to our car. People in cars waiting were cheering us on "Run Forrest run!" Or taunting us "You better run faster!" We got to our car and no one else was there because it was farther away. We pulled out and had NO WAIT to get out of the parking lot and were on our way home! Totally lucked out and probably beat all those people who were calling at us from their cars! The run was totally worth it! We were pretty happy we got out of there before it got too crazy.

I zonked out on the ride home because I had to get up at 5 am for work the next morning. We got home around midnight and I hit the hay! It was such an awesome night though! I loved it!

I made cookies on Sunday (they turned out even better this time) and we went over to the Piene's for desserts and games with some friends. It was super fun!

Wow it's July. Today is Dan's Mom's Birthday! Woo hoo! And that means it's almost my birthday! Woot woot. For some reason in my mind 21 will feel a whole lot different than 20. I know it probably won't actually be that different but being 21 gives you some extra privileges (the most popular one I won't be expressing...) and my drivers licence gets to be sideways. Isn't that like the epitome of adulthood? Most people say that when you're 18 you're considered an adult and that's mostly true but society doesn't treat you like an adult. Maybe they will at 21... maybe 22? Side note. When I turn 22 I'm blasting Taylor Swift's some just because I can. Unless a better song comes out with words something like, "I'm awesome and I'm feelin twenty-twoooooo" ya know?

This week- Birthday, 4th, and my family's comin! I can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January