Boise (Boy-cee)

Annnnnndddd we made it to boise.

Like my Taco Bell on the floor dinner, I have to show you the next morning's breakfast.
Dan  went and got some doughnuts. Yes I ate them on the floor. I have this thing were I hate eating while standing up. I'd much rather sit down, relax and enjoy my food.

We woke up on Friday and packed up our bed and slowly started gathering everything else. Once mostly everything was packed we started cleaning like mad. We made a good team and were handing over the keys at about 1pm. We grabbed some subway and we were on our way.






And now we've been in Boise. We've gone apartment searching (which we will continue) and we hope to find something close to BSU. We've seen places we do like and places we don't like I'd be scared to live there.. sketchy but I'm actually not worried... ha maybe I should be?

-Fast Forward-

Ha we found an apartment! I knew I shouldn't be worried. It's funny though because it ended up being the first apartments we looked at on Saturday. We looked at a lot more and just kept going back to this first one. None were better and we didn't think any more like this would pop up soon so we ran back on Monday and barely snagged the last one. And I mean BARELY snagged. When we looked on Saturday there were 3 apartments left but only 2 of those were the price we were looking for. We went to some crazy places after that and some okay ones. It's hard because there aren't a whole ton of options to live down town at a price we wanted, without being old and weird apartments. Anyways we went back and told them we'd love to sign some papers and make it official. They said great we have ONE left. And they told us someone was taking a tour of it right now to possibly lease it. We started filling out paper work and like a minute later they walked in... awkward...? And he said he really loved it too... super awkward... uhm oops. But I'm so excited we got an apartment!!

It's so funny to see the different between Rexburg and Boise because I didn't think there would be too much. In Rexburg you can get a newer apartment, with 2 bedrooms and utilities included around 600-650. I feel like we had a great deal in Rexburg. And there are plenty apartments that are cheaper than that as well. Because we were looking to live close to campus, a lot of our options were old. Like 70's kitchens old. But apartments around here are in the 650-700 range for only one bedroom and utilities (of course) aren't included. I felt like that's a "Hello! Welcome to the real world!" Because I know that's the way it is everywhere else. Haha we had a screamin deal in Rexburg! The apartment we got is smaller but we LOVE the location. The kitchen is quite cute with a half size stove (still has 4 burners) and a half dishwasher. I'm kind of really excited. We're moving in about a month so you all will have to wait for pictures.

Oh I have to share with you one of the places we looked at. I don't know if I was actually considering living there but I was too intrigued not to go look. It was a seafoam green victorian house that is split up into studio apartments. Anyways I dragged Dan along with me to look at it and it's pretty laughable now. The up keep (or lack there of) of the outside was a dead giveaway. When we walked in the stench of dog singed my nose hairs. You know that smell of oily sweaty dogs that never have been bathed? That was just baking out of the carpet. Now this was a studio so I wasn't expecting much of a kitchen but this was pretty bare. Fridge, half stove, sink, and then 1 square foot of open counter space. But the sink! It was... bahahah okay look at it!

tiny tiny tiny! I think one of our small plates could barely fit in there

Anyways we found something better and it's ours! We're so grateful for any heavenly help to get up there literally in the knick of time to get it. I'm excited though :)

It has come to light that 'summer break' is a hard concept for Dan and I to grasp. Especially Dan. We don't know what to do with ourselves with no school or work haha but this is literally the only break Dan has had since our honeymoon (and he hadn't gotten a break in years before that either). I don't understand how some people don't do anything with their lives! It's so better to be busy, going to school and working!

Speaking of work - the hunt is on! The next thing on our to-do list is to find me a job. A good job. Or internship. I'll except either. Or both.

We had to run a couple errands on BSU campus and man it is so different from BYU-I. I honestly didn't realize the feeling you have in Rexburg on campus and that feeling just isn't anywhere else! I'm not kidding you. Plus you can see buttcheeks at BSU where obviously you can't at BYU-I. Seriously some shorts were not made to be worn out in public.

Basically the underlying message of this blog post is that if you're in Rexburg right now going to BYU-I take advantage of it. There isn't any other college or school like it where you'll get that feeling, that camaraderie and kindness from people (and the cost of living). I would occasionally bag on the school and it's stereotypes but now looking back, I was so PRIVILEGED to attend there. I bought a BYU-I shirt wondering if I'd actually ever wear it because of the stigma that BYU-I 'isn't as good' but I can honestly say I'll wear that shirt anywhere now. It's weird how I gained all this school pride after leaving. We need to figure out how to get student there right now to have pride in that wonderful university. I will step off my soap box now but seriously, don't forget how lucky some of you are!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January