Dan Received a Piece of Paper Worth $15,000

Is there anything better than FREE Kiwi Loco? I submit that there is not. Dan and I went to use one of our last Kiwi Loco coupons and right as we got to the front their iPads stopped working. It really wasn't all that long before the guy behind the counter declared that our order and everyone else in line, was on the house. Now isn't that delightful?

Something big happened guys.

HUGE.

DAN GRADUATED!!

Ahh it was so great! Dan's mom came and stayed with us and my parents came up. It was such a fun day! We went out to lunch to celebrate and spent time with our parents talking and catching up. Napping then commenced. The obvious choice after having a great meal. Then some games before we got ready to leave. Because Dan was asked to give the opening prayer at commencement we got some special treatment.

First. Special parking.


We got to park in that cool parking lot right next to the byuic

Then we got to wait in a special room


Obvious photo op moment right? We were able to talk to some of the Deans. President Clark, Elder Gay and Henry J. Eyring showed up right before we had to line up so we didn't get to mingle with them. We were all lined up back stage, it was so cool! I was probably for nervous than Dan was haha.

It was awesome being up there!  To be able to see EVERYONE in the BYUIC. It was just breath taking!I loved watching the graduates march in to pomp and circumstance. It was cool to see the teleprompters and watched how the speakers ad-lib ed or just skipped entire parts of their talk haha. I'm sure the person controlling the teleprompter is always on their toes! After we walked off stage they had a little dinner-eon (like a luncheon but for dinner) for President Clark and who ever but we kind of just skipped that.






Then we went to the Hart for the individual college graduation. He got his diploma holder and I took some bad pictures




Look at that graduate!! SO PROUD OF HIM!

Fun side note - when he graduates from Boise State next year with his Masters he gets one of the AWESOME hood capey lookin things! For some reason that is just so cool to me.

Afterwards we picked up pizza on the way home because everywhere else would be swamped. We were starving and devoured it and then ate a bunch of these grad cupcakes I made. They, they're not perfect but they sure are cute!
See? It's a graduation hat :)


I accidentally spilled hot oil on my hand the other day. I would never recommend doing that...I had to bring ice packs to church and constantly keep it cold. it burned so bad!


Yeah... bad idea

So we've been packing and our house is trashed. But for once.. I really don't care! Mike & Jordynn came by to say goodbye (we won't see them for a whole year! :( ) and I honestly didn't think about our apartment looking like a bomb went off. I'm gonna miss those guys but hopefully we'll see each other when we move to Texas! We've also been selling our stuff too. We sold our couch, the futon and our desk & chair. We are so happy to have those things gone so quickly... which results to us sitting on the ground... all the time haha.



Thursday was more packing and some errand running. While we were on campus for the last time (!) I took some pictures. Man I was sad! And so nostalgic! I had no idea I would miss it this much! This last semester I have been so grateful for this University and wish I could finish here but I learned so much here; secular and spiritual.  






So long BYU-I!

So as of now most of our things are packed... except our bed, some random things and the things we use everyday. Moving is hard only because you have no food! This is obviously a good and bad thing. We used the rest of our bread for breakfast, left over chicken for lunch and I was getting so hungry before dinner I was eating lunch meat. Out of the bag. I had actually just woken up from a cat nap and was sitting on the floor eating ham. Dan said I looked like I was in a crack house. I'm sick of granola bars which is the only snack food we have. The only things left in our fridge are cheese, milk, eggs, soy sauce (because really, who uses all their soy sauce), Worcestershire sauce (that is a nasty work to spell, also see explanation behind 'soy sauce'), a single stale tortilla, salsa, and spaghetti sauce. Obviously none of those are good eaten by themselves. Hahaha I remember when we were moving from Bakersfield I pretty much ate short bread cookies cause we had no food!- you know, the one that come in those tins? It was a Christmas gift from the managers. I swear, moving brings out the hobo in anyone. For example this was dinner tonight.

This is so pathetic is hilarious. My table? A turned over tuppaware. I feel the need to say yolo right now... but I won't. But I kinda just did so sorry.

Tomorrow our mission is to pack the rest of our things, clean and skedaddle.
Oh and by way of announcement I got 5 A's and 1 A-! Boo. Ya.
Now can I say yolo?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January