Overdue Post...

Oh hey!

..It's been a while..

because
BOISE 
SCHOOL 
&
WORK
all happened
but now I have time to catch up

So last weekend we went to Boise for a track meet. The car ride was much more uneventful which was a blessing from heaven! (confused? Read this post) We left after my class at 3pm and got there like 7:30. As we were driving in I had this big realization that man! I love this place! I snapped a picture of downtown as we drove by.

Then we got there and ate a late dinner and as I went to unpack I saw this
Woot Boise State!
and girl scout cookies mmm..

That night we relaxed, played a game and I fell asleep because I worked that morning. Saturday Dan went to coach his vaulters and Chase got first this time! He jumped 14'6"! Right now he's ranked #1 in the state so we're all rooting for him to actually take state in a couple weeks. I'm so excited for both of them! Dan is so good with his athletes. He loves coaching and you can tell his vaulters look up to and respect him. While Dan was away the rest of us played (aka shopping!). First stop Kohls where I bought a mint polka dot blazer (sooo cuteee), socks (the only place I can find the perfect socks for me) and golf shirts for Dan (which he looks so fine in). Then we went to Gordmans and I really enjoy that store! I bought a couple shirts. Then we went to Down East because I had the gift card(s?). I usually don't buy a lot of things from Down East because they're normal prices are more than I would like to spend, but since I had a gift card I was able to get some super cute things; a striped cardigan, a navy knit pencil skirt, a tank, a wondertee, and a couple tops.

first day of school - f21

love the cute knot at the top - down east

color is darker in real life - down east

I asked Dan if I bought this would he be seen with me in public
I'll let you guess what his answer was
IF they were corgis, I probably would have bought it

Those are just a couple that I've taken pictures of. After shopping we ate lunch and I tackled some homework. My mom showed me the most amazing thing - frozen Charleston chews. SO GOOD


We ate dinner outside because the weather was BEAUTIFUL is Boise. Ah it was gorgeous!

Then for dessert we went to sonic
The we rented the movie Lincoln which Dan promptly slept through. I enjoyed it!

In case you're still wondering, yes the cat still hates me
she hates everyone I'm pretty sure

Sunday started off at my friend Becca's mission farewell. She's going to PARIS! How cool is that
She's always been such a good example to me while in high school and I'm so excited for her to share the gospel with the people of France. She's going to be amazing! I also got to see a lot of other friends I haven't seen in a while so that was really nice. It made me feel better about moving back to Boise. I guess the sudden realization that I do still have friend there and that they remember who I am was comforting haha :) 

Then we attending our ward which Dan promptly slept through (notice a pattern) haha just kidding  He didn't sleep well the night before I just like to give him a hard time. BUT he did start LAUGHING in his sleep in the middle of sacrament! I tried to hard to stifle my hysterical laughter. Everyone else thought he was clearing his throat - my mom barely even heard it. It was so dang funny poor guy he was so tired!

When he was awake he took this on my phone

After church  one of the kids escaped from the building and bolted for the parking lot and started running around aimlessly, seriously AIMLESSLY around the parking lot in front of cars. Luckily all the drivers were paying attention. My dad tried to wrangle him but he wouldn't stop moving until he just plopped in the grass.
Dad was trying to figure out who's kid he was. We were finally able to return him to his frantic parents who were scouring the building for him. Lesson? Don't lose your kids :)

After church and lunch we were on our way back home again. I totally passed out for some of the car ride. We got home and prepared for another week of school! I didn't have to work Monday because they didn't have enough rooms yay!

On Tuesday night we went to Buffalo Wild Wings with the usual- Jordynn & Mike and Hailey & Dave. It was so fun! Like ridiculous amounts of fun. We caught a ride down with Jordynn & Mike and it was full of hysterical laughter. Dan messed his words on accident and said something so funny we were all almost in tears. Dinner was delicious mmmm love BWWs! It was so fun to talk and catch up! With the break and me always in Nursery I feel like I don't see them as often! Dave & Hailey went to China over the break so it was super fun to hear about their trip. I want to go there, it sounded to amazing.

 Dan and I taking pictures during the car ride


As we were leaving the waitress told us to have a good evening and to 'enjoy the SNOW' we were all like 'Wut. SNOW?' sure enough it was bizzard-ing outside. We were all pretty mad haha because HELLO! it's basically May! Jordynn & Mike and Dan and I needed to go grocery shopping so we went to Sam's Club and Winco and stocked up for the month. I am making a couple new dishes this month so I'm excited to try them and post about them.

School has been going well. Dan's classes are hard, some of mine are hard. Here's what we did in my environmental health class.
Anyone want to do asbestos abatement?

I can't even think of what else right now BUT I am excited for this weekend! Fun plans :)

Comments

  1. I like Dan's tie in that picture from church! That's the same tie my husband wore for our wedding day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it really! That tie is one of my favorites! such a good choice :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January