Lasagna and Boise

So last week we tried out a lasagna recipe from Pioneer Woman that claims it was the Best Lasagna Ever. I was like hmmm... I've never made lasagna before... Dan likes lasagna... we'll try it! So we did and it was the best lasagna I've ever made (haha ;) ) But seriously, it was pretty good. It's an intriguing recipe too because it called for pork and ground beef and instead of the usual ricotta it calls for cottage cheese! Weird huh! Dan really doesn't like cottage cheese but it totally tasted just like ricotta in the recipe so don't let that freak you out.
We decided for next time we would probably use less meat and used diced tomatoes instead of whole

This weekend we went to Boise (again, I know!) for the state track meet. I skipped class on Friday and slept for about half the drive which was amazing. Friday night after the first day's events for state we had asked my mom to put together a dinner for the Madison track team. We didn't want them to waiting forever for food at a restaurant and be up really late, plus we did everything so they just had to show up and eat for free. They really appreciated it and my mom did such a good job! She's had a lot of practice through Dance Team and weddings.


We filled them up with lasagna, garlic bread, corn, salad and plenty of desserts. Then sent them with extra desserts and the helium balloons back on the bus

Saturday was the big day! State was at Eagle High so it was kind of funny going back to a school I was at for my freshman and sophomore year. Overall the pole vaulting went well. It was really intense and one of Dan's vaulters Chase got second place! He's been working so hard his senior year, we're all so excited that he did well.



We celebrated with lunch at Chipotle
nom nom nom

ran some errands. Beautiful day!

got our rings cleaned during our errands. so shiny!

We came home Saturday night because Dan had to leave on Sunday for the trip down to SLC airport to go to Texas. Seriously, I've been dreading this. Life is just so much better when he is in it with me, not in Texas haha He does get to visit his sister and see his new niece while he's there though, I guess I'm just jealous ;)
We're doing great though! Classes and work are keeping us busy but we are so so happy :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January