I bet your weekend was better than mine

THIS WEEKEND.
oh.my.heck
I had high hopes of it being a wonderful delightful weekend with my family
but Friday was the day from the devil!
Remember how I got food poisoning from Costa Vida last month?
Well this was worse (didn't think it was possible)
like FOUR times worse

My Friday started out normal. I got up and had cereal for breakfast and went to work. At work I started to feel funny. My back/stomach started turning. I was exhausted and was super hot. I couldn't stand for more than three minutes. I knew something wasn't right but I was sooo determined to just make it through work. I started work at 6am and I only made it until about 9. I was impressed I made it that long. After vomiting at work (I made it to the bathroom) I had Dan come pick me up. I got home and Pandora's box opened. Probably because I felt more comfortable at home than at work. There went my breakfast. I was thinking the milk was bad and now that it was all out I'd feel better. I laid on the couch and kind of slept until we were supposed to get ready to go to Boise. During that time we had acquired  2 passengers to come along. The lovely Stephanie and Parker Syphus (her blog is Fit Zebras). Maybe now they wished they hadn't have come with us haha Why? You ask. Well I'll tell you.

We get all packed up and we leave and I'm still not feeling great. I was smart and brought all the necessary gear in case I did get sick in the car but I highly doubted that would happen. I was wrong. Very wrong.

We left at 11:00am
11:30 - "Dan pull over" There went the half of bread I was trying so hard to munch on and keep down
12:00 - "Dan pull over"
12:30 - "Pull over"
1:00 - "Dan... you should pull over"
1:30 - "Dan..." I really didn't need to finish, he knew the drill. 
2:00 - "Dan..." 

So before this experience I thought I'd be completely embarrassed to be vomiting on the side of the road (and with our friends waiting in the car) but at those moments I honestly could care less. Over guard rails, in the bushes, in the dirt. Every time we stopped I just kneeled down because it wasn't worth standing. Plus it was super windy so the closer to the ground the better. It was terrible because I wasn't even eating. I was barely sitting sprite and water but anything that was in my stomach made an appearance every half hour. It was so involuntary that every single muscle in my body was involved  in this vomiting. It truly is a full body sport that wrecks havoc on every muscle.

I learned how to read my body signs really well because there was no way I was going to allow myself to throw up in the car. My body knows what's going of better than my brain does. What always gave it away was my heart would start racing. We had a pretty good system - I'd pull my hair up, Dan had a baby wipe ready for me afterwards (I was smart and packed those!) and then I'd get gum afterwards. It was so difficult because I couldn't even fall asleep! Every smell in the car set me on edge (I know it sounds like I'm pregnant, but I'm not). Then came the body aches. I felt like every part of my body that was even touching the seat of the car was brutally bruised. The soreness of my muscles was starting to set in.

The best part was the last time we pulled over at 2:00pm I kneeled down but miraculously I didn't have to throw-up! I took some deep breaths and waited (just in case) and I actually felt okay. I got up and made my way back to the car and as I got in I thought I heard someone pulling up. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a cop! I was like did we do something wrong? He made his way up to the window and I think he knew the answer to his question by looking at me but asked if everything was okay. I gave him that saddest puppy dog faced as Dan explained that I was sick. He then told us to be safe and we were on our way. Stephanie said she was thinking about taking a picture of me and I wish she did so I could put it up here haha. Bless their hearts for putting up with that horrendous car ride! I kind of felt like Joseph Smith kneeling in the middle of no where. Luckily that was the last time we had to stop.

The cat was super thrilled we were home, can you tell?

We made it to Meridian around 3:30. I finally got to lay down and try and get some rest. I literally got out of the car with my pillow and went straight to the couch. Dan was so sweet and unloaded everything as I laid practically dead on the couch. Ryan and dad made it home and they ate dinner. I still didn't feel like eating anything, I tried nibbling on applesauce but I didn't get very far.


Dan went to a track meet and was there from about 5:30 until 10:30. His vaulter did great. I drank some apple juice and was very determined to be there for my friend Sami's mission call opening. I changed and tried to make myself look normal and was actually feeling pretty good. I went and had a good time. We all teared up as she announced she was going to Brisbane, Australia! She's always been such a great girl and friend, she's going to make a great missionary.


We came home and hung out. I ate half a banana and more applesauce and was feeling pretty good. Dan came home and then I wasn't feeling so good (no correlation haha). Then my sickness upgraded to coming out both ends. Wonderful. Just what I needed. I went to bed equipped with a bucket but luckily I didn't have to use it!

The next morning every one went to Costco because Dan and I wanted to get some bulk food, but I stayed home trying to recuperate. A shower felt amazing but I was so week I had to sit down for most of it. I took my sweet time to get ready and put a chair in the bathroom so I could sit and do my hair and make up. I tried to eat and replace all the fluids I was loosing but even though I was so hungry and thirsty the thought of having anything in my stomach was gut wrenching. I tried to eat. My plate at meals looked ridiculous because there were like 2 veggies and a piece of fruit. This was the worst part about being sick at home - I couldn't eat all of the amazing yummy food my mom makes :( Seriously, so depressing.

That afternoon we all went to the mall and I was determined to go because I wanted to go shopping. I was very weak and always wanted to sit down but found that if I was walking or distracted by looking at clothes I was okay. We came home and I relaxed some more and watched basketball. Shopping was exhausting. We had dinner, well really they had dinner and I ate a tablespoon of rice and a meatball then the men went to the Priesthood Session. Mom and I had some more stores I wanted to go to and I was again, determined to go even though I knew I probably shouldn't go... haha so we went to Gordman's. I had some great finds but I was in a lot of pain. My stomach was hurting and all the muscles in my back and in my abdomen were screaming. I have never been so sore in my life I couldn't stand for very long. I went to the dressing rooms and sat down for an extra 20 minutes because I couldn't handle it. We tried to go to Down East but my body decided it was done and we went home. I took Motrin to de-inflame my extremely angry muscles and laid down. That combination did wonders. I think I kind of over did it that day.. oops.

That night we played games and died easter eggs in shaving cream... I was feeling pretty good because I was sitting down and had some Motrin in me. That night when I laid down to go to bed I was in so much pain trying to relax my back muscles! It felt like they had been compressed and smashed under a thousand pounds and I was just then letting them relax. It was painful for a few minutes but finally it went away.












Sunday has been better but not much. No more episodes of any kind in the bathroom but I. am. exhausted. I have no energy and all my body wants to do is lay down. I am so weak I can only walk from the couch to the kitchen then I have to rest. Going up the stairs is really hard. I can't really stand for more than a minute. We had an 'Easter' dinner between conference sessions and I could only eat a teaspoon of corn, a tablespoon of potatoes and a piece of ham the size of a fifty cent piece. I am so pathetic right now it's ridiculous. Dan has been so sweet to me but deep down I think he thinks it's funny. Only because we both kind of laugh at how pathetic I am.

On a good note, General Conference was wonderful. There were a lot of talks that I felt had powerful and applicable subjects. The leaders of our church are so in tune and so wise. I love the counsel given and cannot wait to study and reread them in the ensign.

I hope I can just pass out of the car ride home today and that we won't have to make an excessive stops. I called into work to see how busy tomorrow looks because I was scheduled to work tomorrow. I was trying to decide if I could do it or not. After being exhausted from climbing up the stairs I decided I probably could not work that early, for that long and standing most of the time. Luckily they're not that busy for tomorrow as of now and they would find someone else if they needed a breakfast host. Music to my ears. And I don't work Tuesday so I have until Wednesday to recover and finally get back to normal. Thank goodness because I can barely stand. Worst case of the stomach flu ever.

Here's to a better day tomorrow right? And we will be making our announcement this week about what our school plans will be. Stay tuned!

Comments

  1. awww sorry... but what is the colorful pan of goodies you and your dad are making? (no explanation for this?) I am guessing divinity? but not sure I have ever made it this way before...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was dying Easter eggs with shaving cream! My dad found it online. You roll the eggs in food dye and shaving cream but it didn't really work out how it said it would haha but they looked kinda cool!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January