I Denied a Kiss from an Elderly Man

I'm pretty sure Mondays with no school AND no work are absolutely the best. Doesn't is just sound heavenly? I didn't even ask for Monday off of work, but when I saw the schedule I wasn't complaining! We (actually more like I) slept in and Dan had breakfast ready right when I got up. What a man :) We did some homework because there is always school work to be doing but I was just happy I didn't have class or work. I'll take doing some homework!

Then we decided to go see Iron Man 3. We got ready, scarfed down a quick lunch and drove to Fat Cats (and got student discount matinee tickets!). We bought a large popcorn with extra butter (delightful!) and were totally ready for Iron Man. That is until the movie Epic started playing. Somehow it was easy to tell the difference. We (all 10 of us in the theater) migrated out and explained, then they fixed it! The movie was so good! I loved it! I would buy it and it thoroughly exceeded my expectations. When leaving Fat Cats at about 1:30 there was a line TO THE DOOR for movie tickets. So glad we went early!

We dropped by the store to pick up some things for dinner and it was kind of a zoo because I guess everyone who wasn't at the Fat Cats was at the store picking up their dinner feasts. We grilled burgers, had corn on the cob and watermelon. We also splurged and got some salt water taffy and 99 cent pack of popcicles :)

Funny story. So the ice cream man came around again! He drove by just HOPING that I would run out there like I did last week. But now he's just after my money just TEMPTING me with his little car and blasting primary songs. Oh no, I didn't give in. I've noticed there are a lot of parallels of the ice cream man and the devil.

The longest day of the week was definitely Tuesday. It was a bonus that I didn't have to work though. I did homework all morning and went to class only to find out it's canceled with a note on the door. My goodness. USE EMAIL. Ha sorry, pet peeve I guess. So then I had an hour and a half to spare. That was actually a blessing in disguise and I got to do a lot of studying for my test. Then devo, then class, then we look outside and it's practically flooding! We've had a lot of rain lately but this really topped it. I've never see so big of drops and so many people absolutely SOAKED. There were streams running down the campus sidewalks and all of us girls huddled inside in the doorway to way until it was done. I felt super resourceful because I just happened to always keep an umbrella in my backpack. Go me. I'm from Idaho, I'm almost always prepared haha. It let up and then I went and took my test. I don't have the full score yet but I think it went well.

Funny story from work. There was this elderly man who was pretty up there in age. I said good morning to him but he didn't hear me. I helped him with the waffle maker (but really everyone needs help with those!) then on his was out I wished him a good day and he said thank you. He stopped and shuffled over to me and look up. He had oatmeal all over and around his mouth (reminds me of my grandpa bullock, he always has stuff on his face haha) and he says, "Are ya goin to give me a kiss goodbye now?" Now I'm pretty good at joking around and laughing with guests but I could. not. bring myself to joke and say 'Of course!' because some (maybe not this one) old men out there would take that as an invitation. So I awkwardly said, "Probably not!" and gave him a real hearty laugh. I was terrified on the inside because I felt like I was being mean...?

Lastly, this lovely thing came in the mail
Just my associates from last semester. Woot! Just working on that bachelors :)
I'm pretty excited for this weekend because it's my cousin Logan and his fiance, Amanda's wedding! I'm excited to see my family and ALL the family! Plus weddings are just so much fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January