Hissing Ducks

We saw The Piano Guys! It was AWESOME! Obviously I expected nothing less. I've been to a couple Jon Schmidt concerts before and they never disappoint. I made Dan buy tickets right when they went on sale. It was so great and they are so funny. Even if you don't really like piano concerts, you'll love this. Dan enjoyed it.


Dan and mike went for another run. This time it was about 19 miles. He wasn't as dead after but I had to make him food because he didn't want to stand up.

We made homemade pizza for dinner one night! It seriously was so good. Homemade dough and everything. We made 2 ham and cheese (we forgot we didn't have pineapple), 1 barbecue chicken and 1 buffalo chicken. We both agreed we like the barbecue chicken the best (Dan is literally begging for me to make it again).



We obviously didn't care about the shape. It makes it more unique and it tastes better :)

Saturday after work and his run we took an awesome nap and did lots of homework. Then we went to the nature park to feed the ducks! I love ducks! Sadly there weren't as many as there were last year. We did find this mean duck that started hissing at us! I've never seen a duck hiss before but they do and they're scary! Sadly it was probably a momma duck sitting on her nest... but if the eggs haven't hatched by now then that's probably bad news... I think all the other ducklings hatched a while ago.

In this video I jump at it and then it hisses right after. I only got it to hiss once though :(

Sunday I had to work (boo) but I got done super fast and got there for the talks in sacrament meeting. I planned a super cute outfit but when I was changing at the hotel my skirt zipper wouldn't zip the last two inches! I didn't have another skirt or time so I was thinking maybe Dan could get it at church. When I got there, he couldn't so I just held my bag on that side. I was wearing my blouse tucked in so you could only see my skirt anyways haha. Also, for the first time in WEEKS (except for the Sundays we've been home) I wore heels to church! I love love love my heels but I don't wear them because it's really hard to do primary in them. For Mothers Day the Elders Quorum took over nursery so us ladies could go to sunday school and combined priesthood/relief society. How nice is that?! It was really great being able to sit down, relax and spend time at church with my husband. We'd all go check on the guys in nursery to make sure they were doing okay, we were only slightly worried but I think they did really great.

When we got home I saw what Dan had been up to while I was at work! He finished the laundry (from the day before), made dinner (crockpot BBQ chicken), did all the dishes and cleaned up the apartment. It was so sweet of him! He really didn't have to do that because technically I'm not a mother but he was so thoughtful. He made so really bomb fries to go along with dinner and I was told if I touched anything in the kitchen he'd chop my fingers off because I was supposed to be relaxing haha! He cleaned up, did the dishes and then we relaxed. Relaxing turned into both of us passed out of the couch for an amount of time I won't disclose. It was heaven. THEN he told me he'd make what ever dessert I wanted. I chose Texas Sheet Cake and he did a perfect job of making it! We invited the Piene's over to eat it with us and sent some home with them so we wouldn't eat it all. It was a fun night :)

School has been manageable but just keeping me busy! I got 100% on my Epidemiology quiz so that's great. I made a new Lasagna dish this week so I'll be including that recipe in my next post!



Comments

  1. We go to the piano guys next week! Can't wait, glad to you hear you liked it....like you wouldn't but hey always good to hear it lives up to expectations! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! They totally live up to every expectation! They're so funny too. Hope you guys have a great time :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January