Lots of Exciting Things!

Even though I went grocery shopping last week, I finally got around to prepping everything so we can actually eat it!

Yay go us! We got apples, oranges (LOTS of oranges), celery, strawberries, carrots, lettuce and boiled eggs. I love washing and chopping everything because it makes an easy grab out of the fridge. We really don't have anything really unhealthy in our house but still, it makes it easier to eat good things when they're all there ready for ya! If I was really on top of my game I'd make some bread too but I decided we have enough in the freezer so I passed.

Tuesday is the day and I am feeling almost normal. I'm not constantly paranoid about how my stomach is feeling and I finally am hungry for FOOD! Thank goodness I have my appetite back. The last few days I've been chronically thirsty (I'm so dehydrated) but finally I have a want for solid foods again. Although I feel like eating EVERYTHING to make up for the four ish days I haven't eaten much, I've refrained. I feel like having the stomach flu and loosing a couple pounds is definitely a good way to continue being healthy  Plus I don't trust my stomach with Taco Bell just yet... maybe next week 

Guess who we bought tickets to go see?
I am BEYOND stoked. Always been a Jon Schmidt fan growing up and playing the piano. I mastered All of Me and it kind of became my signature song before a lot of people had heard it. I've been to quite a few concerts of his in the past and I'm so happy for all the success he and the Piano Guys are now receiving! Very talented people and they're coming to Rexburg. I was telling Dan we HAVE to get tickets or I might cry. So naturally, we're going and I am so excited :) Basically both concerts are sold out now. Dan got us 12th row seats on the floor. Can't wait.

I just finished all my assignments for this semester! And I finished earlier than I thought because some assignments opened up so that was nice. Haha done early... finals are supposed to be the end of this week. That's a huge perk of taking online classes (well at least the online classes I took) I really don't have a final test. They're mostly essays, papers, reflection things. I don't have to face the lines of the testing center or studying like crazy. Dang guys, I'm done! This semester I took 14 credits all online and it wasn't so bad. Getting a handle on it at the beginning took some time and stressed me out but I was a pro by the end. Pretty easy. My break has started early and I think I might do some spring cleaning in our apartment...

As for next semester I'm taking classes on campus. I am basically getting paid to go to school and it's enough money that it's worth taking a full load. I'm taking a lot of health science classes and I'm hoping I'll enjoy them! After having online classes for a semester I'm ready for a change and some in class lectures or interaction. I just hope I can balance it all. Work, school, life. I know I'll be able to but I always get nervous at the start of a new semester haha what I'm human! I actually have to socialize this semester hahah! Kidding.. kind of.

Okay seriously, I am freaking out. I won something! I rarely enter blog giveaways but when it's something I legitimately like to want I'll enter them. This time I won! From the lovely Pink Peonies I won a $150 gift card to DownEast Basics! If only I had realized I won before I went home to Boise so I could spend it. But seriously I'm stoked and I don't even know what to do or buy but I'm sure I'll manage ;)



I also found this video pretty entertaining


I wrote some of my awesome friends that are on missions
They are doing awesome and being great missionaries!

Dan and I went Bowling!



This is Dan's panoramic photo he was pretty happy about :)

We went to Fat Cats for their awesome Thursday night deal. I think we bowled like 5 or 6 games. The first few were pretty rough but we slowly remembered how to be good at bowling haha. I think I only have one really good game but something AWESOME did happen! So I threw my first ball down the lane and then I was left staring at this.


I nicked the side of one and it knocked the other one over! I defeated the split! It was super awesome and even a person on another lane saw and was freaking out. I felt super cool. But then I bowled a gutter ball and that feeling quickly went away. We had a good time and got $1 cones at McDonalds on our way home.

Friday and Saturday have both been very, very busy at work. It's graduation weekend and people moving out. All of our rooms have been filled [52]. I was pretty nervous because I hadn't handled a crowd like this one yet but I got super lucky and they all spaced themselves out pretty well! If they all come at once well then I can't restock fast enough and people get hungry & impatient. Not a good mix. But most people see that I'm constantly working my butt off and will have some patience with me :)

Friday was a track meet in Idaho Falls. I tagged along to watch the vaulters and Dan the man coach. He has a good team this year! A lot of them are progressing really well. The meet went great and a handful of his vaulters PR'ed. It's so awesome to watch how excited they get! There's a girl that just started this year and she did so good for her first meet! I'm excited for the rest of the season to see how they all do! The only down side is that it was cold. FA-REAKING cold. Like ice wind that numbs my face. It was pretty brisk and I thought I was prepared but alas, I still froze.

Dan also ran the meet. Here's him looking all official and studly with his clipboard

Afterwards we went to Target to get charcoal for our mini grill and then we went to Panda [my pick]. Panda never disappoints  Mmm so good! Dan got us chopsticks and said that we had to use them the whole time. We both used them like a boss. Didn't phase us. Mmmm panda. We both ate too much and were super full that night. I basically slipped into a food coma at 9:30. So worth it.


The rest of our weekend consisted of relaxing, cleaning and watching movies/shows. It was needfully relaxing. We watched the first episode of The Walking Dead because I know so many people that watch it and love it. I did not like it. At all. Why do you people watch that show? I don't feel like I'm missing out of anything and we have no desire to watch it ever again haha. I finally saw the last Twilight movie and I really enjoyed it! Loved the twist at the end, made it even better when watching it. Plus it acting was the best in this one compared to the other Twilight movies. I really want to see The Host because I've read the book but I've heard mixed reviews about it... I'm still watching Lost! Still loving it.

I made homemade hamburger buns again and we had planned to grill hamburgers on our mini grill we got as a wedding gift but it was so dang windy it wouldn't stay lit. We cooked them inside and they were still delicious! Those buns are so easy and soooo much better than store bought. They're more dense and there's more to them so their more filling plus they taste better. I think I've almost got the process and the shaping right. They are so good!

Well I think that's about it for last week! I'm pretty excited to have the break this week! Especially before school and work pick up again next semester. We are good, we are blessed, we are happy :) Happy Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January