Spring Break!

Yay! It's spring break and we have a week off from school. We plan to fill our week with relaxing, cleaning and spending time together. This is a needed break for Dan before his last semester of classes starts up. I imagine we'll be pretty busy next semester so it's nice to be able to spend so much time together.

Monday I came home from work and Dan had cleaned the whole house and finished the laundry. I wanted to cry. It's the best feeling coming home to a clean house.

Then I saw he had written this on the chalk board
Hahah I love that man, he makes me laugh 
(It was tax day)

Our neighbors upstairs were moving out so Dan and a bunch of other guys were helping them load up their U-haul and they gave us the rest of their food! It wasn't a bunch because obviously they were trying to finish most things but I'm super excited about some of the things they gave us! Like bacon (kind of a treat for us because I feel like it's always too expensive), ground turkey (been wanting to try it for a while because it's supposedly healthier), pizza dough (I think it's pizza dough), a bunch of tortillas, a head of lettuce, Dan's favorite hot sauce (Franks), and a BUNCH of sauces! I'm super excited about the sauces because there's been so many asian or oriental recipes that I've been wanting to try but I didn't want to buy a bottle of a certain sauce and not know how to use it in anything else (or not use it cause it tasted bad). So the ones I've excited to experiment with are sweet chili sauce, yellow curry sauce, peanut sauce and then there's stir-fry and teriyaki sauce which I've just been too cheap to buy. Dan and I had a sauce tasting party.. okay really I had a sauce tasting party. Dan got all weird about just tasting the sauces so I only made him try three haha he didn't enjoy the experience but we gotta know how they taste to cook with them!

Then after track, it was like Christmas over here. We headed to Big 5 and bought Dan some golf clubs. He's been wanting some and I've been humming and hawing over spending the money but this week they are having a sale and we had a coupon. So with both of those, the price was reduced quite a bit and I obliged. It was like a little boy in a candy shop.

Contemplating the decision

testing them out

playing with them right when we got home

he's pretty happy :)

We got some balls, tees and wiffle balls. As we were buying this I realized how it works in my favor; now there's like a million of birthday gift and holiday gift ideas that I can come up with because he has clubs. It just opened new doors of things I can buy him for his birthday and stuff. Golf shirts, golf shoes, golf balls, more clubs, super cool clubs, club covers (the animal ones! not really, he'd kill me). The possibilities are exponentially greater. I found this experience to be very appropriate because we've actually been watching most of the Master's and this is my first time ever watching it. I've always thought golf was boring (Sorry Reagan if you're reading!) but that was because I didn't understand it. I actually find it pretty relaxing. I'm pretty excited for Dan to take me to the park or driving range to learn how to hit some wiffle balls. Maybe I'll eventually graduate to golf balls. 

Then this happened
Go home weather app, you're drunk.
It's been so sunny (but very windy) but then it snowed for a little bit Tuesday morning while at work. I really don't want the snow to stick, I'm ready for spring!

Then when I posted that photo on instagram this happened
Insta you're drunk too! Obviously I WISH that I was the one to take this picture of a corgi, but alas, that was not me. It made me laugh though.

Tuesday night we were AWESOME and made a FORT! I wanted to do something to take advantage of all this time I get with Dan the man so we made this awesome fort, ate ice cream and watched Casablanca. We had to watch that movie because Ryan bought it for us for Christmas and we hadn't watched it yet. Now I can say we have :)

We went to the gym again on Wednesday and it's been so awesome because nobody's there! The gym and the track and both empty and I love it. I found it peaceful. We did some weigh lifting and then went outside to run. It was kinda windy but it was nice as long as I stayed warm.

Later Dan decided he wanted to hit a couple of wiffle balls behind the house so he could play around with his new clubs and so I could kind of start learning. Golf is more work than I thought! I knew it took a lot of practice, skill and precision and there's like a million things that can affect your swing and where the ball goes - but trying it for myself was pretty great. I was terrible and hit more grass than balls. My respect points just keep going up for golfers (I'd like to point out I've always had a lot of respect for them but it just keeps going up and up!) It was windy and cold too so I didn't last very long. I looked kind of weird too with my mismatched clothing, trying to swing a gold club and holding my ears because they were cold.

We ran inside and decided to make brownies. As soon as Dan poured the brownie mix into the bowl my phone rang. It was Mike & Jordynn seeing if we wanted to go play tennis. Obviously the brownies would just have to wait because we've been meaning to go play! We went to the BYUIC and played and it was so much fun. I was terrible, but I swear I'm actually not too bad! We haven't played since.... last spring sometime. I just need to get back into the swing of it. Haha get it? Swing. It was super fun though and I'm so glad they kindly put up with my re-learning how to play. I loved it though, it was super fun and they're great!  
Man I just realized I need to take different pictures. This blog post has been like an ode to pictures of Dan. My bad! 

Thursday morning was awesome because I didn't have to work! I finally was able to sleep in! Morning snuggles and sleeping in are like my favorite. It was heaven. I reorganized our second bedroom, just some spring cleaning to start the semester off right. It's all nice and tidied up and everything is back in it's spot. I probably should do the same with the kitchen...  yeah..

We got our books! We love Book Viking because you can rent for really cheap. Our books combined were like 200. Mine were all pretty cheap (and skinny & thin! Yes!) but Dan's accounting books were the more expensive like usual, plus he gets a lot more of a book

Dan's big two
My skinny(ish) four

For dinner we cooked hamburgers on our grill! For some reason hamburgers just taste better that way. We didn't have buns (nor did I have time to make them spur of the moment) so we did a cool low-carb lettuce wrap instead. It was good!


We went bowling Thursday night and it was really fun! My scores weren't amazing but we had a really fun time with Jordynn & Mike. Dan had a really good game! 191! And I actually got a picture of all of us instead of just Dan. Refreshing right?


And while we were bowling it just so happens that I see someone with a batman cap and a crown on. My confusion left me when I realized it was Kyle & Chloe and their friends celebrating his birthday! How fun was that just to run into them!

Friday and Saturday were both a zoo at work, Saturday more so and very... irritating. This job has inspired me to write a Hotel Courtesy post. I'm pretty sure the bottom line of that post is to just use some common sense. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and meeting some great people, but I'll have to admit (just as I'm sure all of you can) there are just those days with those people. Frustrating but funny when I look back on it.

There was this nice elderly couple from Newfoundland and as we were chatting he says, "Now tell me, are all the girls around here just as pretty as you?" Bahaha I was actually speechless and stunned. I seriously didn't know how to respond, it was hilarious. At least I know when I don't feel pretty at 5 and 6 am that at least someone thinks I'm pretty. Even if he's older and can't hear. I'll take it.

After work on Friday Dan and I went to the Temple and I was exhausted I have never fought so hard to stay awake in my life! For those of your who know me, you know that I have never and just can't let myself fall asleep in class, in church and in no way The Temple. I couldn't let it happen. Those things are important to me and I don't like the idea of falling asleep with people awake around me and a changing environment and then waking up totally confused and disoriented. Sounds embarrassing.

Then Dan had a track meet in Idaho Falls that afternoon/evening. I didn't go because it was supposed to be stormy and windy. It got bad enough that they postponed the rest of the meet until Saturday. We also found out that one of Dan's senior vaulters, Chase, got his mission call to the same mission Dan served in! How cool is that! And now they have first hand info on the area. Dan served in Uganda and Ethiopia for those for you who don't know/forgot. 

The night we were going to go to Costa Vida for dinner but took one look at the line and were like 'nope!' It was to the door, down that wall and almost up the other one. Busiest I've ever seen it. We should have seen that coming with it being move-in weekend and all. So we wanted to go to Taco Bell but I really wanted fries. So we went to Wendy's first, got a large fry and finished them all while we were in the Taco Bell Drive through. Haha ask me if I'm sorry. The answer is no! When Dan and I were dating he showed me what I really should be ordering at Taco Bell and now I like it a lot more than I probably should

And we also helped move our upstairs neighbors in, although we haven't met them yet... haha! Since they just got married, they had some friends help move their stuff while they're away on their honeymoon so we pitched in and offered a hand! 

On Saturday they continued the track meet at 10 am and Chase jumped 14'7" and got first! That's a PR by a foot and an inch for him! Jordynn was a life saver and was able to take me home from work. I reallllyyyy didn't want to walk because I was so exhausted. Breakfast was crazy and the room was trashed. So Jordynn was amazing, like usual! Saturday was kind of chill. I took a needed nap, ate a cookie and watched a lot of Lost. I'm so invested in it, it's pathetic. But then I think to myself 'Hey, at least it's not Jersey Shore or the Bachelor(ette)' [no offense, just my opinion of TV trash]. I really enjoy it and I'm on season 5 out of 6. Almost there.

Then I've been thinking about the next semester starting of Monday. Where did this week go? It went by way too fast! And I didn't even get to feed the duckies cause the weather was so darn crappy! But I've been nervous for my classes and actually having to be social haha! Sometimes I just like keeping to myself to be honest. But then when I came home from work slightly stressed about all of it, I found an amazingly sweet note from my husband. Just what I needed to be reminded of and hear. That he loves me, that he's proud of me and that I can do it. I love him so much, he knows me so well!

Sunday I had to work breakfast (always a bummer) but I met some really nice people! It seems that people are always outstandingly nice to me on the days when I need to be cheered up. Multiple people thanked me for the work do and keeping the place so neat and clean. One older man was sticking around (you know how they like to talk) and was just explaining that I was the type of worker he looks for in an employee. He said, "That's how I hire people! I don't tell anyone I'm hiring but I go and watch them in their current job and see how they work. I were still doing it you'd have yourself a job offer! You always find something to do and I like that!" I'll take that as a compliment yes?

I made it to nursery and sometimes a dose of those kids are just what I need (even though sometimes I feel like it'll stress me out more). They're so smart and sweet (most of the time, we're working on not shoving right now...) but they really do make my day sometimes! Well we're off to start classes tomorrow! I'm always nervous before the first day of school but I'm also excited :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January