We Might be Utes

Moving is difficult. But honestly I'm not as sore as I thought I would be. I've found a lot of random and unexplainable bruises. My forearms hurt the worst followed by  my peroneus longus and extensor digitorum longus muscles. Can you tell I was an anatomy student :) Those are the muscles on the outsides of your legs below the knee. And then my butt hurts too. But hey! I did it right?

Our Sunday night was just delightful because Parker and Stephanie came over. This is from their reception but I wanted to post a picture.

So I was making Chili Mac for dinner, a usual yummy recipe around here and as I was putting the spices in I was kind of eyeballing the measurements. I was spinning the mini lazy susan around with all my spices on it and tossing them in - Chili powder, cumin, ground red pepper, onion powder, cumin...? Wait I thought I already put cumin in... Turns out I mistook the cinnamon for ground cumin! So I just put a lot more cumin in to cover it up. Luckily it actually added to the dish. It was spicy to me but everyone else liked the kick.

We played some games- monopoly deal and catch phrase. So fun! Stephanie made these amazing pudding puffs for dessert and they were super delicious. I'm sad I didn't get a picture haha. But trust me, they were bomb.

Monday was the day that Dan and I have been married for 6 months! Woot! And to anyone rolling their eyes- Don't ruin our fun! Our marriage is a happy one where we can celebrate the little things if we want to :)  


It was funny because we both forgot when we got up in the morning then we both realized it and were like oops... haha Dan was busy all day with class, homework and track (which has officially started by the way) so I made him a card and decorated the bathroom mirror with nice loving sayings :) When he got home we went to the gym. On the way home he told me how he was going to buy me a flower (he knows me so well because I'd rather have like 1 or 2 than a bouquet) but decided instead that we could either go get hot chocolate or buy some hot chocolate. He is so perfect for me. I would much rather have hot chocolate than a flower that's going to die! I opted to buy our own so I could have it at home :) I had like a huge stock pile of hot cocoa but I think I left it all in Boise at my parent's house haha. And it starting snowing and so hot cocoa was the perfect idea.

We had an after dinner snack of doughnuts (which we bought after we came home from snowboarding) and hot cocoa. And obviously is tasted better out of my penguin mug.


Big News!
Dan has been accepted to the University of Utah!

And he has been granted in-state tuition!
[that cuts the grad school bill basically in half]



I can't even begin to explain to him how proud I am of him! Always working so hard in his studies here at BYU-I (hello 3.9 GPA and full tuition scholarship) , finding time to help everyone and their dog with their accounting homework (he seriously helps everyone), slaving away at application essays when English and writing aren't his favorite things. It took a lot of effort to get where he is today and he will graduate with his bachelors after 8 semesters at the age of 24. I just feel so lucky that I have a wonderful husband, but most of all that we know we have a loving God that is aware of our wants, our desires but also our needs. We wouldn't be here today without him. He is making our dreams possible and is constantly answering our prayers. I hope we can give back service to Him and His church for all the blessings He's granted us. We are truly thankful and truly blessed.

Oh and in case you needed more goat videos, here are some of my favorites :)





The whole list can be found here :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January