Snowboarding.

My new phone came! Earlier than I thought too. I really really love it. like 60% because it's a great phone and it's nice but 40% because it was FREE (except the activation fee) but hey! I'll take it.

It's like a million times faster than my old phone. I can actually do stuff now.

Then I hung up all our pictures. I think they look wonderful.
These are like the only pictures we have because I'm not spending extra money to decorate right now.

Dan and I watched Super 8 after scrolling through Netflix and trying to decide on something. I've heard mixed reviews about it but I liked it! To me, although it was aliens, it was done in a way I hadn't seen before. I really enjoyed it, I thought the kids were hilarious (especially the blonde haired one who likes to blow stuff up), and it was super suspenseful. My heart was racing and I didn't know what was coming next. I tried to guess the plot but failed. Therefore it was unpredictable in my opinion. Not too bad.


Saturday morning looked like this
The picture I took peeking through my blinds doesn't give it justice. It's basically like this
(I took this picture last winter but it's seriously so much snow)
But it feels like this
Dan has been a snow shoveling machine today!

We had a ward service project Saturday morning at the Family Crisis Center. They're a great non profit organization that helps families in need. They have everything from food, personal items, baby items, toys and clothing. We thought we were going there to paint but she needed us to stack and organize cans. There were so many cans! But that's awesome because there really are families in need that utilize and 'shop' there. We didn't even get through all the cans but we made a heck of a good dent in them (sometimes literally .. those frisky things are slippery!) Anyways it was fun and we even helped haul some stuff to DI. Then afterwards we had a potluck. Delicious tacos. Mmmm I wish I could always get paid in food like that! 



Okay and now I'm writing this (on Saturday) and we've going to go snowboarding tonight at Kelly Canyon. I've never been snowboarding and the last time I went skiing was when I was like 8. I'm terrified. Haha but tickets and gear were a good deal through the school and we're going with our friends Hailey & David and Jordynn & Mike. I'm excited and I've always wanted to learn so... this will be fun... I'm going to drown in snow because of how much it DUMPED this morning. Ahhhhh... here we go...

[AFTER SNOWBOARDING]

I survived. But DANG it was hard. We get there and put in one binding to get on the lift. Okay the one legged skateboarding thing is super hard and I was so grateful that there were rails before you get on the chairlift. Oh my gosh. The chair lift. Scariest thing ever when you've never snowboarded. In between hyperventilating and making of scenarios in my head of my impending doom I asked myself, why am I doing this? I was kind of the driving force for this trip. And it's because it's something I wanted to do so I'm gonna do it! 

Okay so back to getting off the chair lift. It could have been worse. I fell, more so out of the way, and pulled Dan down with me. We went all the way to the top and then it was kind of like okay.. go down. I was like you're kidding right? I kept having these images of me just snowballing down the hill but I soon found out that isn't super possible. Because it DUMPED a ton of snow there was so. much. powder.  So the first little hill and hard. Get up. Fall. Get up. Fall. That's kind of what you gotta do until you figure out how to steer a board that's strapped to both your feet (who came up with this sport?). Second hill was fine but the I got stuck in some massive powder and that mixed with my inability to get up was kind of disastrous. I will admit that I had to take my board off a couple times because I was sick of rolling (yes, literally rolling) in 2 feet of powder. The next couple of hills I did good! When I'm going down a slope, the adrenaline kicks in and I can handle it. 

The hardest part was keeping momentum on flat ground and that's when I fell the most and couldn't get up. Holy cow it's exhausting. I had snow in every crevice that I previously didn't know I had. I'm sure I resembled a fish out of water, flailing for life.. in the snow. But really flat ground was not good to me. It's was exhausting. A lot of the time the powder was so deep that I didn't have flat ground for my hand to push up on. Sounds like a snowboarders dream huh? Not mine! Although it did make it softer to fall, I was constantly buried in it. My fingers are sore, my wrists are sore, my back and quads are sore, my ankles are sore but really... my butt is freaking sore. I got a nice bruise on my knee too. It'll be a nice warrior wound I'm sure. I'm I glad I did it? Yes. Will I do it again? Probably not. I think I'll stick to skis.

Mike & Jordynn

Me & Dan
I didn't get picture of Hailey & David because my camera died. Freaking died.

Well after my fun excursion of learning, us girls had had our fun and hung out while the boys went down like a bajillion times more. Dan said this was the best boarding of. his. life. He got stuck in waist deep powder. It seriously crazy ideal boarding conditions and this in night skiing we're talking about. Because of the storm it basically felt like we were skiing in the day. He loved it and had the time of his life.

Jordynn & Hailey. Jordynn was warming up her fingers cause when we were in the parking lot they suddenly started to be freezing cold! They were so cold she ran, yes literally ran back to the lodge and we found her like this (there was a heater above her) :)

Jordynn & Me

Me and Hailey

 This is Dave, Hailey's husband, after he ate snow. Literally crashed faced first and ate snow.

It was a good time and the powder was amazing, we picked a good weekend to go!

Sunday good but it was different for me than usual. As you heard last week I got a calling and I am the first counselor in the Primary presidency! When I heard primary I think of my ward back home that has like 300 kids separated into 3 primaries and 2 nurseries. Our ward is not like that haha. We have a nursery/primary and we have 6 kids! Today was my first day and to be honest I felt a little out of my element but it's not that hard to jump in and learn. I didn't babysit a whole lot growing up nor did I have younger siblings to ever take care of but I feel like I did pretty well! It's basically set up like nursery. We play with toys, have a lesson and snacks, we sing songs and we color. This is my Dad's dream calling haha are you jealous yet? The girls in the presidency are so nice and I think I'll be able to handle this calling. Some of the kids are so cute! And tonight we're having the lovely Parker & Stephanie over for dinner and games. I'm excited, it's going to be so fun! 

And if you haven't seen this video then you're missing out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January