Mr. Poppers Penguins

We got Dan an early present. Okay so we both wanted it but he really wanted it. So we bought (with a giftcard of course!). Meet Mr. Poppers Penguins. I JUST made that up, get it? It even looks like a penguin!

I got a really good in action picture here!

So that's exciting because now our popcorn (which is a food group of it's own according to Dan) is cheaper and healthier. He inhales that stuff! But I do have to admit, making it yourself, even just on the stove, tastes so much better!

I also ordered this baby in the mail.
Found it on Target.com for FREE. I guess the heavens were just looking out for me and didn't want me to spend $50 when I was trying to hunt one down last week. It should be here tomorrow. I'm pretty excited because my old phone is totally acting up. It knows it's being replaced and is totally throwing a dang hissy fit! The battery dies at like 2 pm everyday. Anyways I'm stoked because I love Dan's phone and we won't mix them up because they're different colors. I definitely didn't want the hot pink one. Not me.

I had another job interview of Tuesday and it was for a job that I was really really excited about. The interviews went so well and I was so happy about how it went! The team and the atmosphere were incredible. They had over 100 applications (because it's Rexburg) and they only set up 7 interviews so that was awesome that I made that huge cut to even get an interview! They said they would most likely call Wednesday but if not Thursday for sure. I haven't been called (for either job as a matter of fact). Sad panda! It's such a bummer because it seemed like an amazing job but I'm sure they got someone great for their team. I'm kind of just putting it in God's hands. Maybe there was another girl that needed that job more than me and I'm okay with that. Who ever they called, she got a rocking job and I'm happy for them. On the bright side I get to spend a little more time with my amazing husband :) I'm grateful for that because I'm sure life will only get busier!

Tuesday night I got a killer headache which sucked. I pretty much passed out on the couch under my penguin snuggie curled in the fetal position. I'm happy to report that they don't come as often though! And thankfully it was gone when I woke up the next day. Waking up with headaches are the worst so I'm pretty glad that didn't happen. 

Good news! Dan was accepted to Boise State!
Yaaayyyy! That's my man!

Okay so getting into Boise State was a 'gimme' because Dan has an incredible lay out of academic accomplishments (hello 3.9 GPA and full tuition scholarship among other things) but hey it's still a reason to celebrate! And I'm proud of him :)

Dan and I made more beans! Dry beans I mean. This is we did some kidney beans along with the pinto for our chili. I was freaked out when I learned if I don't do it right kidney beans are poisonous when they're under cooked! I boiled them for extra long before putting some in the crockpot to stew away with the chili.

Yes we made chili! Okay when I usually make chili it's like 4 cans I throw together with some hamburger. but now this chili is more homemade! I followed this recipe. I didn't measure out my chopped veggies, I used pinto and kidney beans and I used regular hamburger. It's been stewing away all day and I've constantly been hungry!

[This is where the picture that I didn't take was supposed to go]
[FYI it looked good]

It was bomb. I really enjoyed it and I think it tasted a lot better than the one I normally make! The weird thing was it smelled really sweet all day. Then I tasted it and it tasted like chili but it smelled like a dessert haha so that was weird. There's only a tablespoon of brown sugar so maybe that's what smelled? Anyways it was really good! It'll be my go-to chili recipe. 

AND we're not throwing up so the beans were cooked correctly. Yay! That's always a reason to celebrate right? I think we have some fun plans for the weekend so I'm excited to post pictures if we do all our fun plans. I'm kind of nervous you see, cause I think we're going snowboarding. Never been and kinda terrified. I'll make sure to take pictures :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Important

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

January