Chaos of a Weekend

Friday. Did homework and grocery shopping planning all day. Then Dan and I did the Ab Ripper X. Kicked my butt like usual. Then I was like "Oh! For the game night tonight I'm going to make chocolate chip muffins!" We had one of those 'just add water' mixes. When I go somewhere for a get together, I just feel like I HAVE to bring something yummy. It's like part of my being. So anyways I was like yeah I'll make muffins bomb.

I messed it up.

How do you mess up a 'Just add water' recipe? Yes, it takes a certain kind of special to do this.

You see I added to much water. 1 cup instead of 1/2 cup that basically instantly ruined it but I was thinking well... maybe I can fix this...? I added some flour. It got lumpy. Then I realized I the water I happened to add was HOT. The chocolate chips were melted. Lumpy, brown soup with chocolate swirls.

This is a sting to me because baking is like... my thing. It's one thing I to well! Maybe because this was a cheater 'just add water' kind of thing that I just miserably failed. Maybe I just need a real recipe. It's embarrassing and I'm ashamed. You may all laugh. I did take a picture but my phone is temperamental and didn't save it (mom knows what I mean).

Friday night was so fun. We went over to our friend's Mike and Jordynn and had a game night. Starting off with catch a phrase and it ended it tears and uncontrollable laughter

"It's something that swims in the water"


"An eel!"

"Uhh... more common than that..."


"A stingray!"

It was a fish. And I was able to teach everyone what a fish ladder is.

Then they taught us Idiot and what I would call Nerts [card games] and we taught them Monopoly Deal. It was a pretty fun night. I'm sure it will happen again and maybe with some more people.

I put something up in my apartment!
Not too bad right? I put it up all by myself :)

Saturday we got up and were out the door by 9:30 to drive to Idaho Falls. We went to one of Dan's mission companion's sealing. The groom, Desmond, is from Zimbabwe how awesome is that. And his last name is Ncube but there's a click in it. The Temple sealers pronunciation of it was pretty funny but I think he did better than I could! Without the click it's pretty much pronounced New-bay but with the click it N[click]ew-bay. It takes some practicing and it's hard to explain! Anyways, here's the lovely couple!






 It was such a cool experience to be reminded of the covenants, promises and blessings of the sealing. I think on my wedding day I was so excited it's now a blur in my head haha. But it was wonderful and Dan got to see some old friends. They were all so nice and the couple  was beautiful together! They're a fun group :)

The guys from the Uganda & Ethiopia Mission 


Here's us, in case you forgot what we looked like :)

And then we ran a million errands. First stop was FOOD. Haha we were starving. Hello Five Guys. So delicious mmmm.

Then Kohls. We returned some wedding gifts [haha better late than never?] and I bought some more socks!! This is exciting because finding socks that fit is impossible for me. My foot size is always between two sizes where the smaller one is way to small and the bigger one is way too big. But over Christmas break I bought some to see if I could live with them and I could. So it's a big deal and I bought two more packs cause they were BOGO. And I bought a sweet necklace for $2.80. And I used all gift or merchandise cards. Free. We were actually looking to find Dan some jeans because his others are getting holy enough that the testing center would not let him in. No jeans at Kohls though.

So we went to TJ Maxx, Dan's favorite store, but sadly no luck! So we went to Bed Bath and Beyond just because (we still have plenty of gift cards there) so I bought a door mat and a mini easel both on clearance, with a coupon and with gift cards. Boom.

Then we went to Ross and that was great because I love Ross. I almost indulged in some curtains because I have this sudden want for curtains and they were the exact kind I wanted but I don't need them. I'm getting really good at separating wants from needs. I was disappointed by their shoe selection I think they were between shipments because Ross is where I always get my flats for cheap. But it was good because Dan found 2 pairs of jeans. They will probably last him for another 2-3 years!

Then we went to Target because I need some make up. Quick plug here I love E.l.f. ! It's a brand of make-up where almost everything is $1 or $3. I don't like their blush or eye shadow but I'm in love with their concealer! I'm not a girl that wears foundation all over my face. I use is where I need it because I can't stand the feeling of having a layer of foundation, no matter how 'light' it is. Anyways I love their concealer and it's dollar. I also love their liquid eyeliner - $1 and last year I bought a big fluffy make up brush for you guessed it $1. I'm happy when I'm not spending a lot of money to make me look nicer. I also bought some nail polish because I only have silver and painting my nails makes me feel girly and we picked up soda for the super bowl.

Then we stopped off at Albertsons to get Lil Smokies, also for the super bowl, but when I walked in  I saw a familiar face I never expected to see! I saw my friend Henry from high school! He was a freshman when I was a senior and then he moved to Ammon and just happened to be doing a canned food drive at Albertsons! How crazy is that!

That's Henry on the left. Him, Jessi and I went to The Avatar: The Last Air Bender midnight premier and got pictures with these cool dressed up guys back in 2010.

Then we went to Winco because I've been scanning the food ads like crazy and making price charts so I can be a boss at buying things CHEAP. We happened to get there right when everyone and their dog showed up. Not really with the dogs... although I would have loved that! But seriously. It. Was. Chaos. I've never seen a store so busy. LIKE EVER. I got bumped into and ran over constantly when it was just me walking through the crowds. I lost Dan multiple times. I don't know how I survived because usually this really irritates me. Maybe it was because I was getting really good deals on everything. $0.88 for a loaves of bread, oranges were $0.58 a pound and buying pasta in bulk is definitely cheaper. And because I had my handy dandy price chart I new what was a slammin' deal and to buy there or to pass up because it'd be cheaper some where else. We got pretty much 4/5 of my shopping list for like 60 bucks. And this is for the whole month (except for a mid month produce run). I feel awesome.

I snapped a picture and really it doesn't even begin to show how packed it was. Down by the bakery in the back of the picture there were carts waiting to get in line all the way back to the cleaning supplies. They were in a line to get in a line. We were smart and went all the way around them and got out much quicker :)

Then we got home at about 4pm and we were exhausted. Okay at least I was. Then we discovered that when you stand in certain spots of the room the TV reception goes out so that's been fun. Let me tell ya, I'm excited to eat good food, be with good people and watch [kinda] the Superbowl. I'm rooting for who ever Dan is rooting for :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January