Moving Week!

Monday. Man, have I lived in Bakersfield for almost 4 months now? It feels so much longer but it went so quickly...? I'm not sure how that works. It's been fun and the more I think about it the more I'll miss it, but I'm also excited for new things in the future.

Well welcome to chaos week. But honestly it's more like organized chaos. Luckily the terrible headache I got last night is barely a dull roar this morning. I know what I'm doing each day. Today I packed up all the decor and packed the living room picked out clothes to wear the next two weeks and packed the rest (which I basically fit almost all of it in a duffle bag. Mind you it's the biggest duffle bag I've even seen from eagle dance team haha) It takes a lot of thinking for me to pack, I can't just throw things in a box, I've got to pack the right things in the right box to make the most efficient fit. I need to organize everything to pack concisely  I'd like to think I've been passed down my Mom's expertise of packing, I think I'm not too bad. Today I still need to pack pretty much all the things we don't use everyday. Haha I found Dan's social security card! I didn't know it was... lost.. but I found it!

It was pretty embarrassing though when I heard a knock at the door- you see it was like 1 pm, I'm in my grubbies and stuff cause I'm packing and cleaning, no make up and the apartment looks like a bomb exploded. I opened the door to one of the workers over our building giving me a tin of cookies from the apartment complex for Christmas. I was so happy and said thank you then realized how I looked very... interesting and apologized explaining I'm trying to pack to move out. Luckily I'm sure he's seen worse and was very kind about it haha.

Funny story. So Dan calls me when he gets off work to see what he should pick up for dinner, at the end of our conversation I get a call beeping in from a restricted number. I answer it and it's someone doing a very bad Chinese accent all like, "Hey Monica! You ordered that Chinese chicken right?" I didn't want to be straight up rude and I initially gave them the benefit of the doubt politely saying, "I'm sorry you have the wrong number," and hung up. I start thinking, do I have any friends that would prank call me? My phone rings again. I pick it up and it sounds like two little kids who are trying to say something funny but are laughing too hard that I can't understand them. I'm still thinking... do I know any kids that would prank phone me? Then one of them says, 'Yeah why don't you lick my balls!' That's rude. Obviously I don't know any 12 year olds that would say that to me. So I stay quiet and ooohhhh I'm ready to rumble. They start laughing again because I haven't hung up, perfect! After the laughing dies down they're like, "Uh... are you still there?" so I reply, "Yes I'm still here, I'm just tracking the call to see where it's coming from, you see my husband is a police officer and would love to-" *click* They never called back :) Bahahah I was going to tell them that he would just be delighted to pay them a visit but they didn't let me get to that. Do I feel awesome? Yes, yes I do. Shoot does that count as lying?

We got a package today from Dan's mom! She made me a stocking. How cool is that! It's all padded and soft with my name embroidered on it. It matches Dan's :) We also got some Christmas gifts, which we obviously haven't opened haha and some more wedding gifts that have trickled in. A gift card, which are always appreciated and a journal. This journal is a really awesome idea. It's pages look gold on the outside like scriptures do and the people who gave it to us said that's not a coincidence and that these are like our own personal family scriptures. It's a journal we can write our history and spiritual experiences that affect out family- how cool of a gift is that? It's like a family journal that we leave behind, I love that! What a cool gift.

[I was going to put a picture here but my camera stopped working! Well I think it's more of my SD card, I've tried everything I can to fix it but I can figure it out :( It's my big 8G SD card too :(  sad day!]

I just have to mention how blessed I am to have a husband like Dan he seriously is so great and I don't know what I'd do without him. We all have our moments and I'm so glad he puts up with mine. I never have to doubt how much he loves me because he tells me sincerely all the time. He is so wonderful!

I'm so obsessed with this song right now.
I can't get enough of it.

Tuesday Dan had to be into work by 7am and I've just been cleaning! Today I cleaned the walls, windows and baseboards. I still need to do the vents and lights and then just do everything else I can! Any organizing packing and cleaning that I can. I'm pretty ahead of schedule, I've already packed most of the kitchen so that's helpful. I just don't know where to put all the boxes and stuff because I still have clean under where ever I put them haha oh well I'll figure it out!

Here's the creepiest video I've ever seen.
Seriously I can't handle it, it's so wrong.... ahhhhhhhhhhh

Pizza and wings, watching How I Met Your Mother and waiting till the husband gets off work. Not too bad of a night after cleaning and packing all day. I feel like I had something to tell you guys... but I don't remember... other than the guy who delivered my pizza was a delightful old man, that was nice... oh I remember. Cleaning today. I never have problem cleaning and stuff but I cannot handle the spiders and cobwebs. Now obviously our apartment isn't full of them. I only encountered one tiny tiny lil spider but I could not handle it. Then there were some cobwebs in a windows and I danced around like an idiot because it felt like they were all over me. Gross.

Wednesday. I think watching that creepy video made me have some bad dreams. I will spare you the details because it was pretty horrific but generally it had to do with children dying, birds and dogs attacking me, and a giant pie on the beach.Okay the pie part wasn't bad but as I was getting attacked by the bird and the dog I shook myself awake and was in a panic. I'm so glad I had Dan next to me. I told him I had a bad dream and he immediately scooped me up in his arms. He was barely awake but he said, "don't worry punkin I'm here, I'll keep you safe," seriously, he is the best.

Today is just filled with more cleaning! The hardest thing to clean in this apartment? The tub. It's not only hard to clean but it's awkward to clean unless you're showering at the same time. Anyways, everything else should be pretty easy to clean. I've passed white glove for three semesters at BYU-I so I can definitely do this.Oh and I also changed the blog around. I've been tinkering around with a design for a little bit now and I was just ready for a change! Hope you guys like it!

Happy Wednesday :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January