Got pell grants?

Monday has been busy! Dan had to be to work early so I got him there before 7am, went to the atm, grocery shopping, unloading groceries, prepping produce, boiling eggs, freezing meat, laundry all morning then I remembered I need to eat ha. Lunch, check! Applying, calling and emailing left and right to get housing in Rexburg. Haha I feel like I'm trying to find a job, it's practically the same thing. Please, please, please pick us!

For dinner I made a lovely new recipe. Broccoli Cheese Rise Casserole and Mmmm mmm is was delicious.


I swear I just take the most unappetizing photos but I swear this was really quite tasty! Broccoli and rice in a cheese cream sauce with more cheese on top. It was bubbly with a nice cheese crust on top, mmm! So delicious. It was very easy to make as well. This will be on the regular rotation of meals!

While I was cooking I also discovered that the microwave and the oven timer are exactly a note off from each other. When they happened to go off at the exact same moment and the dissonance made me cringe in a good way. Sigh... choir nerd problems in the later years.

Just us being all cute

 And please enjoy this adorable video I found of a bird signing Gangnam Style

Tuesday I woke up... and I could see! Let me explain. Last night by about 10:15 I was exhausted. I fell asleep on the couch as Dan studied and woke up a half hour later groggy and ready for bed! I took my make up off and we went to bed, I'm pretty sure I fell asleep instantly. Usually I get up with Dan in the mornings but he told me to sleep in, what a sweetheart. But when I did get up I went to go put my contacts in and my contact case was empty. I was so tired the night before I totally forgot to take them out, oops! Then I looked at bathroom mirror it says "Did you drink some water? Love you" from Dan haha I'll explain.

Because Dan cares about me, he suggested that it would be a good idea for me to drink more water (or water in general haha). I don't drink much... ever. At restaurants I usually never get through one glass of whatever I'm drinking. At home my drink of choice would definitely be milk :) To make myself drink water I would usually put a splash of a grape propel packet so I would like to drink it. I like to drink water when I'm thirsty! But by the time you're thirsty it's too late. Also by drinking more water I'm hoping it'll help keep some of the head aches at bay. I usually forget to drink water so Dan was so kind in writing a little note :) I have my handy Camelbak water bottle because I've also found that I drink more liquids if they're through a straw :)

I had another dream last night. I dreamed that Dan and I found and signed up for housing but when we got there we had to room with 3 guys, two of them being Dan's friends Kyle and Matt but both were single in the dream and we didn't know them. Dan and I got our own big room and the three other guys had single rooms. In my dream I woke up in the morning and walked into a living room full of our 'roommates' and ALL of their friends. The apartment was trashed and I was so ticked off! I remember calling Dan so frustrated saying 'this is not what we signed up for! We're supposed to have our own apartment!' Dan was at work so I left to go on a walk. Apparently my apartment was in the middle of BYUI campus and I see a bunch of students trudging up the hill to class when I see one of my friends Spencer from my Chemistry class two semesters ago. He was really upset because he had bought a ring for his girlfriend but she suddenly decided to go on a mission with the age change. And that was about it!

I got a pretty important email today... Dan and I petitioned to resubmit our FAFSAs  to show that we are married for the 2012-2013 school year. We were approved and it went through! I was informed today that I will receive a $3,900 pell grant!!! I've never received a pell grant while under the dependency of my parents but holy. cow. That's a lot of money for us! I'm so excited and it's still sinking in. I'm trying to realize that we don't have to pay for school and we'll be written a check to help our other needs. Ahhh we are so blessed and I immediately thanked my Heavenly Father. What a ginormous tender mercy that we have received. We haven't heard anything on Dan's side so we'll see if his financial aid is updated. So. Blessed.

I'd like to stay that I am in fact very close to finishing my second bottle of water today. It's a 750mL bottle and I have about 8oz left. Boo. Yah. And Dan has to work late. He texted me saying this might be his latest night working. Yay for overtime/double time but I haven't seen him at all since I slept in this morning. I miss my husband but am so proud of him for working so hard and bring home the bacon! He's the hardest worker I know.

Wednesday is here. Dan wasn't home until about 10:30 last night. He came home, he ate and we were going to bed at about 11:00 but we weren't tired so we watched an episode of White Collar. I'm sure Dan would have watched two more but I told him he needed to sleep. Hopefully he gets off work early today so we can start our drive as early as possible, I've heard the road we're traveling on is the road EVERYONE travels on. Party on the road. I think we're going to Manteca tonight then to somewhere around Sacramento tomorrow. I'm excited! Dan and I get to meet a bunch of family! It'll be fun :) I hope I get to help cook or prepare something. That's just what I do during Thanksgiving, I love being in the kitchen helping at any event. I'm also excited to go because I love packing. Like I seriously love packing. I just do.

I can just imagine someone responding to that by saying, "Oh well you don't have kids yet, it'll be different!" This brings me to another story. While at the Relief Society souper Saturday I was talking to some ladies, all moms of course, and we were talking about grocery shopping and I mentioned how I love going grocery shopping. The reply from one of the women was, "Oh well you don't have children yet, that's why!" Now this was not meant to be demeaning, mean or rude. It was totally light hearted and I took it that way. But inside I felt like I was kicked down a level of being able to relate to them and being accepted because I don't have children. What if I had been trying to have children and had been unsuccessful, what if I had experienced a miscarriage (don't freak out, neither of those are true) but that could have been a hurtful comment. I guess it kind of rubbed me the wrong way because I don't like being told how to feel, how I'm going to feel, what I love and don't love, how I'm going to react etc (Remember the Unsolicited Advice post?). It's like telling me that once I'm a mother I won't enjoy dancing anymore. You know, I might hate grocery shopping once I have kids and I won't have a problem admitting that, but don't assume because most people feel that way that I will too. I swear it's the indie in me, I have this need to break stereotypes.

Anyway that's my soapbox for this post. Really, her comment didn't affect me, we laughed and went on with the conversation. Just some food for thought I guess. It made me want to be very aware of the things I say because a harmless comment in the wrong situation could be harmful.

Well I need to get packing cause hopefully Dan's work will let him off early today! We're also planning to go through the Frenso Temple on the drive back, can't wait!!

Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for...

November 19 - Answers to prayers. I find that I can be impatient sometimes and I'm so grateful for those small answers to prayer even if it's just Heaven Father saying, "I hear you and I will bless you, just wait the right thing for you will come, be patient." I love my husband and the strength he is to me, he's such a wonderful guy. I love that we can pray together and experience together receiving answers to our prayers.

November 20 - Blessings. I try to recognize even the smallest of blessings in my every day life. I always want to recognize my Heavenly Father's hand in my life. A monetary blessing of that amount of money is something that is just hard for me to fathom. I wasn't expecting much so I wouldn't be disappointed but now I am just full of thankfulness. No matter how many credits I decide to take, I will not have to pay for it. We are so blessed and I am so grateful.

November 21 - Family. I so thankful not only for my family, but also my extended family. We've been so blessed to have  people from both sides of our family to call us up and invite us and make sure we have people to spend the holiday with. It meant so much to me that they went out of their way to make sure we weren't along for Thanksgiving. We have felt so loved. We are so grateful that it seems like no matter where we go, the family closest to us are there and thinking of us. So blessed :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January