So Delightful

Friday night. I'm sitting here. By myself. Watching a Twilight marathon on TV. Cons of this situation- Dan has to work late, I'm alone, a creepy man just came to my door (story to come), I miss my husband (I only saw him for 10 minutes this morning) and it's Friday night and Dan's not here. Pros of this situation- Dan is making overtime $$$ and I can watch Twilight movies without Dan laughing.

7:30 pm I hear someone coming up our steps- you can hear anyone coming up those steps and there's knock. I really want to pretend like I'm not home because my husband's not here but then the curiosity of who's there is killing me. So I open it. It's a man who's trying to sell this cleaning product and I just get the feeling he's barely making ends meet. I so badly wanted to buy his eco friendly product that I even tested out on my own shower and dang it worked! (No I did not let him in my house. I was very cautious and used all my stranger danger skills). He was nice, cracked jokes and was very personable. I only call him creepy because I was home alone mixed with his initial appearance  Honestly, I've probably been watching too many Criminal Minds lately. Everyone's out to kidnap me now. I told Dan about it and she showed me this youtube video. This was pretty much my experience but not as intense and funny.


But Dan came home at like 8:30 and brought me an ice cream cupcake from work. Mmmm what a sweet heart :) Because we hadn't seen each other all day we just spent some time together and stayed in on Friday night. We were flipping through shows on the TV and came across a story about how a pet Chimpanzee named Travis turned on the owner's friend and mutilated her. Oh my gosh I know right!? How terribly insane is that! He rips limbs and tore her face off all while the owner watched. Such a terrible story. You can look it up if you want, beware of the pictures though. So sad. Then we watched a show about gold mining in Africa. 

I'm also still watching Lost and still loving it! I'm also doing a craft project right now and it's awesome but I can't post pictures because it's a gift and I want it to be a surprise! It is so stinkin great though. Hopefully I'll remember to post about it after the gift has been given.

Saturday Dan took a practice GMAT exam this morning from 8-12. So because he was occupied doing that, I slept in! Haha I got up at 8 and got ready (as quietly as I could so he could be in the zone!). I went to Albertsons to pick up some things and cereal- sale on honey bunches of holla! It's funny though, I realized that no matter what city I'm in, every time I walk into an Albertsons it almost feels like 'home', like I know what I'm doing, I know where everything is and almost like it's my store. When I've walked into other stores (the ones I usually go grocery shopping at) I feel like a guest in someones house. I don't know, it's probably because Albertsons was the closest grocery store to my house growing up. It's pretty weird but I just love Albertsons and when we have more money available for our grocery budget I would eventually like to shop there more frequently :) Oh! Even though Hostess announced they were going out of business a while ago, I went to the Hostess shelf and it was of course barren. I bought the only box that was there and it was chocolate covered donuts. I bought them more out of commemoration of my childhood treats than actually wanting to eat them. If Zingers were there, that would be a different story. Someone buy me a vanilla Zinger before they're gone! I couldn't find any here but I'll be checking every gas station. And a ding dong for Dan.


After my shopping trip I came home to Dan hard at work still. The Relief Society was having a 'Soup'er Saturday get together full of crafts, soup, dessert and things and I was trying to decide whether or not to go. I was wishing I had someone to go with because I didn't want to feel alone. I felt uncomfortable just showing up by myself, but Dan was taking his test and I knew it would be good for me if I went. So I went and it was actually really fun. I didn't sign up for any of the crafts that cost but they had some awesome free stations which I can't say because they're apart of the gift I was talking about above! Funny how they both worked together. I'm dying to post pictures but I will refrain. They had yummy soup, rolls and dessert and I went to a cool fondant class. I've always been intimidated to make it even though I've heard it's so easy but now after the demonstration I'm way excited to try it. Even though I felt alone in the beginning I met even more people and some really nice women that really made me feel included :)

Oh and I didn't make anything super new this weekend so no recipes sorry. But I have some new recipes I'm trying before and after Thanksgiving. I've been trying a lot of Dan's Mom's recipes too! They've all turned out super yummy. For thanksgiving we've decided to go to Sacramento where some of Dan's Dad's family are getting together. We're pretty excited to meet them all and spend some time with them! It also takes the stress of me trying to cook a turkey! Haha Dan does want to have our own mini thanksgiving so we can left overs here too so next Saturday I'll go buy a rotisserie chicken (haha :) ), making stuffing, potatoes, rolls etc. so we can have those yummy left overs :) I think it's a brilliant idea!

Saturday night was spent relaxing with some intense football games and some lovely White Collar.

Sunday was great as usual although I do wish so badly that I could have been in Boise for the Temple dedication. Maybe I can go to the Meridian one when it's built. But it was a delightful Sunday learning about the Word of Wisdom, gratitude and 3 & 4 Nephi. We also have tithing settlements this afternoon which will be fun because we have a great bishop!

Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for...

November 16 - Even though  Dan's job can keep him late some nights I am very grateful that he was able to find an internship and that it's paid. He really does work for a great company. They do like to keep the interns late because they are paid hourly and they benefit the most from it. Anything over 8 hours in a day is paid time and a half then anything over 12 is double so they really want the interns to benefit from the late hours. As I think about people who don't have employment and all those who are loosing their jobs because their company's are going out of business, I'm reminded of how blessed we are.

November 17 - Nice people. I'm grateful for the nice people I've encountered all day. People I encountered with at the store were lovely and I was able to make some new friends at the relief society activity. I always feel so young and I'm always concerned with acting or looking too young, Dan was telling me how I shouldn't even worry about that because when you're older you wish you looked younger. It's funny how when you're young you want to look older and when you're older you want to look younger. That made me realize I should stop paying attention to how I want to look and enjoy the now because someday I'll probably miss it. But I digress, everyone was so nice and inclusive and thus my day was surrounded by delightful people :)

November 18 - Fasting. I love that as members of the church, we have the ability to fast. I was thinking about it today and an interesting thought popped into my head. What cane we give to God? For all that he's done for us, what can I give someone who has everything. We can give Him out time, our efforts, our energy and our will. That's where fasting comes in. Fasting is giving up for a short time something that we need to survive. We are giving our will to God. It's a really awesome concept and powerful when coupled with prayer. I am thankful for the belief in fasting and how it can bless and change lives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January