Running, Food, Elections

I've never liked running. Ever. When I graduated from high school I decided to try it. I remember that first day. I over did it and just ran and far and as hard as I could hahahaha BAD idea. I could barley move the next day! I was very very sore. I eased up the next time and started to run on the treadmill more often. When I went to college I ran on the treadmill pretty regularly but when I was on my off track I decided to do the couch to 5k program. So all fall I worked and I finished it! But since then I've ran less and less and less. But Monday I was like okay, let's brush up, thinking I wasn't that far from where I was. WRONG. I felt like I wanted to die! So now I'm having an internal battle whether to keep doing this or to .. well not. We'll see.


My brother Ryan called on Tuesday and complained. About my blog. how rude right? ;) Haha no, he was just telling me that when I post food/recipes and what not that I should post pictures of MY food and not just use the picture from the author's website. I had been thinking about this but then I always forget to take a picture! I think it's a wonderful idea and from now on, I'll try to do better :) Buuuttt these recipes came before the suggestion, sorry!

I made the chicken marinade, rice, pico de gallo, sour cream and served it with tortillas, black beans and cheese. As soon as I bit into my burrito is was like BAM. Chipotle. It was quite tasty and I was surprised how close it turned out to be!


This was easy, healthy and quick. The taste was different because it's basically just avocado. I was so so about it but couldn't decide why. Then as I was eating it I closed my eyes and liked it much better. It's weird how by looking at and eating something green can skew your taste buds! It was tasty if you can handle the green.


DELICIOUS. My mom has made a recipe like this forever so I wanted to make it and this was pretty darn close! Loved this mmmm. I could eat feta all day.

I also got a massive headache on Tuesday. Ughh it was terrible enough to make me slightly nauseous. I pretty much laid on the couch and tried to make my entire head numb. I was pretty close to doing so. Dan was so sweet and took care of me. Such a good man :) He got a lot of studying in that night too because I was dead. I'm just trying to figure out what causes these terrible headaches. It's not my food intake, do I need more water, is it my jaw clenching? I don't know but it's annoying. I woke up and still had it the next day. BOO.

Only thing I'm saying about the election- Pray for the President, pray for our nation. And this was great too.


Also Dan has decided to grow a beard. I'll put a picture up next time and you guys can decide what you think. He still looks the same to me so I don't mind it! He's growing it out now but he'll have to shave when we move back to Rexburg. One last hurrah? We hope to go to the Zoo this weekend. I'm STOKED! I'll take lots of pictures :)

Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for...

November 5 - Although I didn't enjoy my run and I did feel like I was going to die, I am so grateful for my health. Not everyone has the ability to do those kinds of things and I'm so thankful that I've been blessed with good health for most of my life. I've seen with my Grandma how precious life is and how quickly and unexpectedly your health can change for the worse and I feel so blessed with the good health Dan and I have.

November 6 - Election day. I am thankful for my ability to vote how ever I please and that everyone is so encouraging to others to go and vote. I wish I didn't see so much hostility and rudeness around the social media but I was reminded in church that it doesn't matter who wins because God is always in charge. I would like the candidate I voted for to win but we are always, not matter what, in God's hands.

November 7 - Communication. I feel like in a relationship this is one of the most important things to get good at, communicating and I feel Dan and I have gotten a lot better at this and always improving. As we talk about the future I find it easy to openly talk about finances, possibilities, fears, wants etc We can bounce ideas off each other freely. I'm grateful that we don't fight. Our communication never turns into yelling or saying hurtful things. We may disagree but we always talk it out.

November 8 - Today I am grateful for be so blessed to have a washer and dryer in my apartment. We have been very lucky to be able to afford this wonderful apartment that has that feature. And in Rexburg... we probably won't be that lucky. I'm relishing the fact that I can walk around in grubbies and do my laundry. In Rexburg there's no way I'm walking out side, in the cold, in front on people to the on site laundry. I'll have to be normal looking for that. Loving it while I can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January