The Little Things

I totally forgot to mention something last post! So last Sunday I was boiling noodles after church. I had the stove on high and I forgot about it. I finally glance over and see bubbles higher than the edge of the pot. OH NO!! I rush over because I thought it was going to over flow but then... I stopped. I had laid my wooden spoon across the top of the pot and the water was just boiling away, it was right to the top, but wasn't overflowing! I just stood and watched it for a minute. Now I have read this on Pinterest but Pinterest can lie! But this legit worked! I was pretty excited that it actually worked. I felt like a magician.


On Thursday I opened one of those fun size 2 pack star bursts and got two reds. It made my day.

At work they had a couple of friendly competitions on Halloween and Dan being well... himself, won both of them. He won a Halloween themed blanket (we have a blanket other than my snuggie now!) and a coupon for a blockbuster date night. It's for 2 movie rentals, a big bucket of popcorn and 2 sodas all for free. Hello date night!

I also put my hair in a pony tail and I was so so proud that I actually got it ALL up that I didn't realize till that evening that it was crooked and very noticeable to one side.

My head is straight forward in this picture. Haha oops!

So that's what we did Friday night after we dropped by a loaf of chocolate chip pumpkin bread to our friends who just had their second baby! We rented the Avengers (cause it was just so good!) and We Bought a Zoo (obviously that was my pick haha). We got all the pillows and blankets, sprawled out on the ground and watched We Bought a Zoo. I loved it :) Nice, happy feel good movie with animals. Perfect!

Saturday was an awesome relaxing catch up day. Laundry, studying, homework, cleaning, ironing, watching The Avengers and talking. It was really good.

Our Sunday was good too. We've been in the ward for two months and people still come up introducing themselves asking if it's our first week here. It's funny and I don't mind at all, there's a lot of people in our ward and it's nice to meet more people! Funny how our Relief Society lesson was on gratitude today as I am officially introducing my...

Gratitude Journal
Because it's November I do want to start a gratitude journal on here as well, instead of Facebook. I don't want to make a new post everyday specifically of what I'm thankful for so I'll tack it onto my regular posts. You see, I continuously write these blog posts during the week, then usually post on Wednesday and Sunday. So everyday I'll just type what I am thankful for. It's more for me to remember the blessings I have but maybe they'll inspire you too.

I am grateful for...

November 1 - My husband being so thoughtful. Thursday he came home from work and had another meeting at for his calling at 7. He was keen enough to notice that I was needing just a little bit of time with him, pushed his studying back and played a couple rounds of Monopoly Deal with me :)

November 2 - The peace my faith gives me. Dan and I have constantly been looking for housing and have made an effort to research where we want to live in Rexburg. We haven't bought a contract yet and the fact we're 2 months out and don't have a place to live would scare some people. I can honestly tell you that I am so calm and at peace! I feel confident in the constant effort we've made to find a good place and I know something will work out and the Lord will bless us.

November 3 - Budgeting. I found it really hard for me to budget when I was single. I knew it was a smart idea but I could never implement it. I knew how much I needed to live through two semesters of school, so I saved EVERYTHING (I mean everything) from July-December and stretched it out between all of school and that worked for me. Now that I'm married I love that we're both on the same page and we're like okay lets make a budget. It's awesome. Today Dan showed me an awesome website called Mint.com that connects with your bank account and helps you set up a budget. It's really cool and I love this because it makes me feel very smart and confident about where our money is going.

November 4 - The fellowship of the Church. Today as people came up and introduced themselves to me it made me thankful for how welcoming our ward has been. I've seen people not of our faith come to our ward and be welcomed and cared for. Some have been very very strangely dressed and guess what- no one  cared. It's great that the people in our ward just love people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January