Good Food and Strange Dreams

Monday night we had the missionaries over for dinner again. Sadly Elder Smallwood was transferred to Tehachapi but we had a wonderful time with Elder Leavitt and Elder Searcy, they're good guys! For dinner I made spaghetti and meatballs- homemade meat balls! Then we also had salad and homemade garlic bread. For dessert was ice cream and homemade reese's- WHAT! I know right. Calm down I'll post the recipe and guess what guys, I even took pictures! Gold star for me!

Not too bad of a picture eh? I tried to make it more appetizing looking haha I've never made meatballs before so this is your run of the mill basic fool proof meat ball recipe. Because we were having spaghetti I added things like basil, oregano, garlic powder etc. I also didn't add the water because I was using less than a pound of beef. They turned out great!

Prepare yourselves. With great knowledge comes great responsibility. With the knowledge you're about to receive about how these are SO EASY to make is going to take you to be responsible and not make and eat a million of them right now. I'm serious. Peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, chocolate chips. THAT'S IT! Okay, so mine aren't 'squares' ... they were circles but when I hand dipped them they came out in all kinds of shapes which was fine because they look all rustic and home made :) The peanut butter tastes exactly like Reese's.  Heaven. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips and it wasn't the right taste for an exact copy cat of Reese's because they use milk chocolate. Maybe I'll try that next time. I also added more powdered sugar than what it called for, just go until you have the right constancy- it's shouldn't be too sticky to handle. While dipping the chocolates I somehow got like my whole hand covered in chocolate so I just HAD to lick it (and the entire bowl) chocolate free. The were amazingly good and the missionaries loved them too!

Dan and I have discovered something about me since being married. I've always had this but it's never been pointed out to me. I have phone anxiety. No, I'm serious. Now this doesn't happen when people I know or my family calls me, this is more like stranger phone anxiety. When I have to call someone I don't know I always have a rehearsed script in my head and I immediately get hot and start to sweat. It's pretty pathetic! Also when I get a call from someone I don't know, same thing happens. But the weirdest part that if calling someone is apart of my job I'm fine with it. Being a secretary and working at Port of Subs I answered phones and had to make phone calls I was totally fine with that, I didn't think twice. But when it's my personal cell phone and I have to call apartments or respond to apartment adds on craigslist etc it makes me anxious. I would love it if Dan could do all the calling but he's working hard at this internship so I'm becoming a calling expert. I guess it's good for me right?

Still searching for housing. Sometimes it makes me nervous.. but I just take deeeeep breaths... ahhh

Tuesday night I made Gnocchi! I've had it before but never made it so now I did. I used this recipe and it turned out just the way I expected it too.


It was a little time consuming for me because I was doing a million other things too but I imagine if I had only been focusing on that it would have been quicker. They looked so cute and puffy! It was great and they tasted just like they should. Mmm lil dumplings.

And now I'm sitting her jamming out to my music (with headphones in) sitting next to my husband who's studying for the GMAT. He doesn't mind my dance moves and ridiculous hair right now. I love him.

Wednesday was the middle of the week, messy hair and left overs for dinner kind of day. I did have the weirdest dream though! I have a lot of weird dreams maybe I should start including all of them, most are pretty hilarious. In this dream Dan and I were put into this room by strangers and were holding us against our will. There was a hole in the screen door so Dan went to snoop around to try and find a way out. Suddenly the room we're in is actually a jail cell in the middle of a high school hallway with a view of the New York skyline. We were being kept there but we were wrongly accused. The next day they realized they made a mistake and took us to the high school cafeteria with all the students in detention and we signed some type of release form. Dan went to go get the car in the parking lot and when I walked outside the school we were in was located in the middle of a strip mall and there were a ton of people outside. Maybe it was black friday. The end.

That night after dinner I wanted dessert. I was in a goofy mood and Dan was loving it. I was hyper and indecisive (dangerous combination) and I didn't want to go get a frosty because I didn't want to buy it. I suggested stealing it but we decided that was a bad idea. But then Dan reminded me that we have a $50 Visa giftcard! I deemed it our late night grub run card. But then I couldn't decide if I wanted to go to Subway just to get a cookie, Vons to get anything I wanted, Taco Bell or Wendy's. I narrowed it down to Vons or Wendy's. We decided that because I was already being so indecisive the endless possibilities at Vons just might open pandoras box therefore, we went to Wendy's. I happily got a mini frosty and mini fries. They were SO. CUTE. And I ate them. Then told Dan I felt guilty and he told me not to be. Then I didn't :) And I was happy. Cause Wendy's has good fries.



Gratitude Journal
I am grateful for...

November 12 - Those who have served our country. It's been a good weekend to remember and honor those who have risked their lives for the freedoms we daily enjoy and often take for granted. America has and still is a special place with freedoms some people could never dream of. It's the promise land that had been hidden and saved. I'm grateful for those who have fought and still fight for our country.

November 13 - The notes my husband writes on the bathroom mirror. He has a hidden expo marker (which I have yet to find) that we writes sweet nothings on the bathroom mirror with. I always find them after he leaves for work and they always make me smile :) I love the cute little things he does for me, it makes my day. I'm grateful for a husband that makes me happy.

November 14 - Unconditional love. Dan is a saint. I'm not one to be to insane to handle but I have my moments of craziness, usually on just the hyper and indecisive side. I'm so glad he finds this more entertaining than annoying. He is so wonderful and I can't help but always be grateful and in awe of how lucky I am to be sealed to my bestest friend :)

November 15 - A home. I'm grateful for the security and the warmth of an apartment, a place to come home to. As the weather gets colder it breaks my heart to know that people- adults and children are homeless, sleeping where ever they can. I'm so thankful that we have that basic need of safety, security and warmth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January