Welcome, December!

On Sunday we went to the blessing of my cousins' new baby! That was fun to see some more family! After wards we went back to the house to celebrate Ryan's birthday! After lunch, cake & ice cream and presents, Kate and Ryan headed home and so did we. I needed a nap! After the nap, we decorated our apartment! Yaayyy I love Christmas time!



Monday night we were going to go to the Winter Garden Glow at the Botanical Gardens, but it was super cold and rainy and we needed to go grocery shopping pretty bad! While we were at Walmart something unexpected happened. One of our coupons wasn't working (okay, that's normal) and our cashier was this nice old man who was determined to get us our dollar discount. We didn't think it was a huge deal because it was just a dollar. When the management weren't making they're way over anytime soon, he reached in his pocket and GAVE US A DOLLAR. We didn't need it but he insisted that we take it. I was speechless. It's not that often where I have an experience where my faith is restored in humanity through the kindness of strangers. And out of all places it was at Walmart! Dan put the dollar in our car so we could pay it forward to someone else who needs it more than we do.

Tuesday we went to the BSU basketball game and it was awesome! I really enjoyed it, plus we won!



We got some of our packages from black Friday! I'm so excited but I can't post any because they're our Christmas presents! Oh and I also got a raise at work! I finished one of my belt and I'm now making $80 more dollars a month! Woo hoo! Dan got some new glasses that look mighty fine on him! I haven't gotten a picture of them on him yet. We also got a gift card from DHG which was super nice of them that they're thinking of us! 


One of the most exciting things that happened this week was the the CEO of ICCU, Kent Oram took me and my coworkers out to Barbacoa for dinner! He had set a goal for us as a new branch and we hit it! I have never been to Barbacoa.. but let me tell you.. it was amazing!


Kent is so generous and he made it clear that we needed to order what ever we wanted. Some coworkers got their desired wine and I treated myself to a lemonade and didn't worry that it wasn't refillable. He bought us three sets of three different appetizers; so we had 3 bowls of tableside made guacamole, 3 dishes of fried calamari, and 3 slabs of their cheesy garlic bread. We all had to make sure we didn't fill up on the delicious appetizers!

I got their special of the day with was the Hot Rock Filet wrapped in bacon and 2 Jumbo Prawns. They lit the sauce on fire and poured it over the steak and then I was able to cook it to my desired done-ness. It was pretty awesome! The steak was phenomenal, like butter! And those shrimp, biggest I've EVER seen!


And of course he even bought us a couple desserts. We got a tree and a half of the fried ice cream lollipops. these were my favorite! So delicious.


I know it's hard to see but we also got campfire s'mores where you roast them at your table. This was also delicious!


I was told that you HAVE to see the bathroom so of course we had to go check it out and take a mirror picture.


It was such a fun night! Kaelynn and I were basically laughing the entire time and enjoyed ourselves. We were mostly laughing at the fact that it was so fancy and expensive and we are....not haha. It was such a treat and such a fun experience. I'm so proud of my team for really working hard to meet our difficult goal! And I even brought home some steak for Dan, I'm a good wifey! :)

Friday night I went to watch Dan's soccer game where he scored 2 goals and they won! We stopped by winco to buy lots of food for our ward's canned food drive. Then that night Dan planned a stay in movie night. We made hot cocoa, he made scotcharoos earlier and surprised me and bought me the movie Invictus and gave it to me early because of Nelson Mandela's passing. We both definitely fell asleep half way through... we need to finish that haha. And the best thing about a futon is that you lay it flat and it's ready for movie nights! Yes.

Saturday morning we woke up to like 5 inches of snow and it was still coming down! We got up to go be in charge of building clean up at the church building. We had a lot of people come and help which made it go by fast! We dropped off our cans and headed home to get warm! Aren't we cute? :)

We definitely had pizza and wings for dinner to watch the Ohio State game. Sadly they lost :( But at least the food was still good!


It is so cold here! It's like I'm in Rexburg. This isn't fair, we moved away from Rexburg and the weather followed us. My nose hairs froze today! I look like a giant fluff ball when I leave the house because I'd rather be warm than cute. Well we've had a pretty good start to out December and I'm excited for the coming weeks :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January