Christmas!

This week I saw a corgi! This is Scout :)

This weekend was BOMB! Well... mostly. One of my close friends from high school got married to his high school sweetheart! I went on countless double dates and school dances with these two. I love them both and I am more than excited that they are now sealed for time and all eternity. Dan and I were planning on driving to Utah Friday night after I got off work but then a snow storm blew in and the highway was so bad we decided not to risk it. We woke up extra early the new morning to see if the roads were better and they kinda were so we were off! There was snow in Boise and the fog in Mountain Home was treacherous! It was so thick you could barely see the road. After that it was pretty smooth sailing but just at slower speeds. It took us a little longer to get there but we made it and we were even early! Good thing they were getting sealed in the afternoon.

We made it to the Temple and realized there wasn't a church building nearby to change. I’m guessing yoga pants aren't’t considered temple appropriate? We drove and found a nearby church building but sadly it was locked. The building was up on a hill and the houses were blocked from view so we made a quick switch and changed in the car hahah.

The sealing was beautiful and it was done by her grandfather. How sweet! Brock and Aaron were also there so that was fun to see them and catch up with them. They came out, we cheered and took pictures.






 After that we had time to kill before the dinner in Salt Lake City at 5pm. Aaron needed to pick something up at Lowe’s so we went on over there. Before it was time for dinner we walked around City Creek and looked around. We took a tour of the Beehive House and then headed to dinner. Dinner was at the Lion House and it was delicious! We really enjoyed it. We sat at the self-declared ‘friends table’ and got acquainted with other friends J They had some speeches from the Dad’s and then they were off!




After dinner we saw the lights on Temple Square! We had to, we were right there!



Then we headed to Dan’s Aunt Colleen where we were staying the night. We dropped out things off then went and met Kim and Trent for milkshakes in Provo. It was awesome to see them and catch up after so long. I think the last time we saw them was when Dan and I were dating!

one of Colleen's cute dogs!

Then we headed up to Orem to drop off a Christmas present to Ryan and Kate and to see their new kitten! It’s so cute, soft and playful. It made me want a kitten for just a split second J We went back to Colleen’s for the night and hung out with some of their family.

I slept so well that night! I was exhausted so it felt awesome to sleep in and leave around 11 to go back home. Lucky for us clear roads all the way home! I also got to text my parents goodbye who headed to Mexico on Sunday for Christmas. Man, aren't they lucky?! Nice warm beaches instead of freezing Idaho! I stopped in to check on their cat and she definitely misses them.

Work has been really busy lately. With a mix of all the holiday shopping and the Target security breach we've had a lot of members in and out lately. Luckily, I get to wear Christmas-y things!

Monday night was a special treat! My best and closest friend from high school was in town and we got to take her out to dinner at Red Robin with us! The last time I saw her was before I got married I think. She finally got to meet Dan and catch up. It was so fun and the food was of course awesome. She is one of those friends that no matter how long it’s been since we've seen each other, when we meet back up, we do not skip a beat. She’s the friend that I feel understands me the best and no one has ever been to replace her spot.

Christmas Eve Dan got up in the morning to go play basketball like usual and he got home right before I had to leave for work so he just gave me the car and I left. He left me a sticky note saying Merry Christmas on the seat. I noticed the radio was off and I thought, ‘I HAVE to have Christmas music on my way to work on Christmas Eve!’ I pushed the power button and it’s on CD and music started playing. I INSTANTLY knew what it was. Dan had gotten me the Piano Guys Christmas CD. I was in heaven the whole way to work. Isn't Dan just awesome! Man I love him. He totally made my day and got me into the Christmas spirit. Work on Christmas Eve was so much busier than I'd thought it'd be but it was night because it went by quicker and before I knew it I was on my way home.

I came home and was greeted by these guys. They were everywhere!


Then I came home and the festivities began! Well... it started out with packing, lots of packing so we would have less to do on Christmas. Dan made these awesome steaks for dinner and I helped with some home made onion rings. It was quite tasty!




Then we watched Elf, the BSU game, other Christmas movies, listened to Christmas music and eventually we made each other's stockings and went to bed. Christmas morning came and we enjoyed a breakfast of cinnamon rolls mmm. We were spoiled by friends, family and each other for Christmas. Here are the highlights:




sorry Dan's isn't as organized and easy to see haha

Dan received new Nike's, bike shoes with clips and pedals, a Nike sweatshirt, Nike sweatpants and Adidas track pants, golf lessons, a bike odometer and a bike pack. I was spoiled with new slippers, socks, jewelry, perfume, lotion, a new cookbook, some movie favorites (Despicable Me 2, the last batman movie and Gatsby), a rolling pin and some baking mats. Together we got tons of new games and tickets to WICKED coming to Boise next April. Whoo hoo we are so blessed and so stoked!

We were able to skype my parents who are spending Christmas in Mexico and also Ryan & Kate who are in Utah. It was good to see my parents and see they were still alive and enjoying Mexico!







The next few hours were spent cleaning up, getting ready and finishing packing. We had to fly out at three. We got to the airport and flying is seriously my favorite! We are expert flyers. The flight was short and simple and soon enough we were in Colorado with the Robisons. When we got there we had an amazing Christmas dinner and afterwards did our gift exchange. Then we tested out some of the new games we got!

The next day we went snowshoeing! How COOL is that! Seriously I was pretty excited about it even though I had no idea what I was doing. We drove about an hour away and snow shoed our way up a path towards a lake. We ate lunch up there and then headed back. It was fun but what I work our as well! I could definitely feel it in my legs! There was a lot of powder and it was super fun to do! If you can walk, you can snowshoe!







We had delicious steaks for dinner and then Dan and I headed to one of his best friend's house to drop by, catch up and say hi. Although I didn't know anyone but Dan and his friend they were all so welcoming and inviting, it was really nice! When we came home we had an epic battle of Wacky Sixes which Dan slaughtered us in.

The next morning we were up bright and early to head to WinterPark to go skiing! Okay I was the only one skiing so technically we went snowboarding haha. I  haven't been skiing since I was like 10! And my first snow boarding experience this year wasn't awesome. Thomas, Jessica, Dan and I drove up there and I was pretty nervous starting out but by the end I felt pretty good about my skiing ability. By the end I wasn't snow plowing down EVERY hill... only some :) It was a crazy day but I only ate it 3 times. One was a hard fall on the first hill I went down. It was because I was going to fast and couldn't stop, I tumbled down the hill and lost both my skiis. Not so awesome having to walk down the hill. The second one was a graceful fall and the third I hit ice and flew forward! Tobogganing down the hill and one of my skiis came up behind me and I nailed myself right in the tail bone! It is so tender now! but besides that I held my own and did pretty good. We went down some blues and I didn't do half bad! It was super fun!





And since then, I've been very sore. Everyday I've been finding more bruises! The rest of our weekend we've been eating great food, playing games and seeing friends.Thomas and Jessica headed back to Wisconsin and we'll head back New Year's Day! Soon I'll post a review of our year. Man I feel like it's gone so quickly and I'm so excited for what this next year brings! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season  :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January