As of Late

Dan is done with his classes! Yaaayyy he survived! He is done with this semester but is taking a class during the break as well. We has a great week. We went to the temple with our ward and did work there. We grabbed dinner at Carl's Jr. to celebrate the end of the semester. We watched Rudy for the first time ever. It was so good. I almost cried at the end.

I worked my first Saturday at ICCU and it was crazy. So busy! I was at work at 8:45 until 3:45 then I drove home, changed, got Dan and left again to be at Gino's for out Branch Party by 4:45 ... haha we did not make it on time. We were late, but do you know how hard it is to get downtown and back in an hour! Gino's was delicious and it was fun to be able to bring Dan along too. I loved the food and Dan... ate it. Hahah he'd rather stick with his Red Robin and Chipotle but was a good sport and tried new things. I like spending time with my branch. They are a pretty cool crew.

Then we finished in time to go to our ward party. Good food, good friends, fun games and white elephant gifts. What else could you want? I had made cookies to take to the party but they turned out like flat pancakes with chocolate chips in them. Fail! We still brought them because they tasted fine but I didn't claim them as my own haha.

Work is making me fat. I had no idea that people loved us so much that they go out of their way to buy us holiday gifts. One day we got this:
Not my picture but it's the same box. TWO POUNDS of chocolate. Then 3 gift baskets and another chocolate box. And then a plate of cookies. I never thought to bring in treats when I was at Wells Fargo. Man... ICCU rocks! Speaking of which... we got our Christmas gifts!



Apple TV, ICCU stadium blanket and ICCU duffle

Brenda (VP), Kent (CEO) and Brian (CFO) handing out the gifts to each branch
with the green machine

I am so stoked and so shocked even though I had to ask what an Apple TV does. I didn't know if it's be useful but we've hooked it up and it's pretty cool. Not something we needed but definitely a cool toy! Thanks ICCU! I love my job and the company I work for.

Dan and I also wen tot BWW this week and now I want wings. All day. Every day. They are too dang good! Here's our cute little Christmas tree! I finally finished all our Christmas shopping on my day off on Tuesday and it was glorious!
I'm super excited for Christmas and going to Colorado! Can't wait!

Work Stories:

1. I get asked about 5 times each day how to pronounce my name. That's totally fine, I'm completely used to it and usually people will say it's unique or other nice things about it. That's the normal thing to do right? Well for some reason it was Hate Aubrionna Tuesday at work. I'll share the best response. After I told him my name he laughed and said, "Man.. your parents must have hated you," ...


...



...



umm...


What is that supposed to mean? I was floored and completely speechless. It's not that I'm expecting people to give me a compliment or that they HAVE to like it, but don't say THAT. I didn't take it personally and mostly laughed that he said that because that's just one of the thing you don't say to people. He could have said, "Oh, cool" and moved on.

2. I got offered a job at work. I had a member call in and explain to me how impressed he was with the experience he had while I helped him and wondered if I was set in my current employment. Once again I didn't know what to say. The first thought I had was, "I LOVE my job, it's the best job I've ever had," but didin't want to be rude so I told him I am always open to considering new opportunities - which is the truth. So that was different.

3. Lastly, someone got very angry with us because we didn't have dog treats for her dog in the car with her.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January