Seven Months


Growth
  • Clothing: 6 months
  • Diaper size: 2
  • Just shy of 17 lbs
  • Can sit up
  • Knows his name
  • Graduated from his DocBand!
  • Tries to pull up and crawl
Likes
  • Sitting up in the bath
  • Grabbing EVERYTHING
  • Zucchini, strawberry, grapes, chicken, pancakes, cucumber, mango, puffs
  • 'Drinking' from a cup
  • Spoons
Easter
Dislikes
  • Purees. Except applesauce
  • Broccoli still, avocados, bread, eggs

General

I keep saying over and over that he is such a good baby! This last month has been awesome. He's figuring out how to do things and is less frustrated and therefore I'm less frustrated. He can play or self entertain while I fold laundry, he can roll and scoot to (kinda) go where he wants to and he can sit up pretty well now.

Grocery shopping is much easier now that he can sit up in the cart! He likes being out and about, looking at everything.



Breastfeeding & Solids

We started solids at six months and I wasn't planning on following a 'plan' as in purees vs baby led weaning. His pediatrician said either was fine so I've given him both. He gags, spits out and is uninterested in purees. I've made them, I've bought them, tried different ones and textures but he doesn't enjoy being fed. But when I give him cheese or a banana and he feeds himself he goes to town. So I wasn't trying to follow a plan but it looks like Brooks chose baby led weaning.

I'm still putting a pretty big effort to help my distracted nurser and make sure he's getting all he should be. I'm trying not to worry too much and trust that he'll eat as he needs.



Sleeping

Brooks now sleeps through the night. Don't congratulate me because I didn't do anything to initiate it! It was all him. His once a night feed was at 4am then 5am then 6am then it disappeared. When he woke up, I'd give him 5-10 minutes to see if he was really hungry but he just went back to sleep and now has been doing it consistently.

6-7 months is a magical age because his sleep is consolidating. Naps are longer and more predictable, he's sleeping better, knows how to self soothe and doesn't need to eat during the night.
Main Street Arts Festival

Postpartum
This will probably be the last postpartum update I'll give because most everything is back to normal I feel. My hair stopped falling out and I have all the baby hairs from regrowth. Thank goodness for hairspray! 
New swim suit

Family hike at Eagle Mountain Lake

Brooks graduated from his DocBand. I'll write a separate post on that once I get his exit report. And if you're sick of reading monthly updates of Brooks, good news! I have other posts coming up soon- recipes I've tried lately, nursery reveal and about life in general. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January