Nursery Reveal

Seven almost eight months later and Brooks' room is 90% finished. When I was pregnant I had no idea what I wanted to with his room and felt this weird pressure that it had to be pintrest-esque & perfect. Decorating is not one of my strengths, I really struggle to see how things look together. I'm late to the bandwagon and just got hooked on Fixer Upper and that has helped me a bit.

Anyways, here we are. It's still not all the way done but I'll document it being mostly done. I realized that my ridiculous anxiety over the nursery not being  "perfect" is just that- ridiculous. This is not throwing shade at any of my friends who have put together beautiful nurseries- please, come help me! I've just reached a point where I'm content with what I have (what I've spent, I'm cheap) and how it looks. I imagine it'll change once we discover his likes and such. Plus there's usually toys all over anyways!


I ended up having a blue, grey, wood and baseball theme. It just happened and I personally love it!


Baseball Magnet Board: Home Goods
MVP Sign: Hobby Lobby
Dresser: Amazon


These were both gifts from my mom... and I still need to put a center photo in the bottom one


Shelf: Target
The photo book has all his newborn photos, I got it free from ShutterFly
The frame below it is pretty special. My grandma made a birth announcement cross stitch frame with some meaningful antique wood. It had his name, birth date, time, weight and height. I love it!

Curtains: Target
Tie backs: Amazon
Dream big: Hobby Lobby
Chair: Amazon
Pillow: Target
Blanket: Handmade by my mom :)




Ottomon: Target

You'll notice I didn't take a picture of the wall with his crib because there's nothing on the wall. It's just a blank wall with a crib, pretty boring picture if you ask me! So I didn't include it. I'm still looking for something to put above his crib. I don't want anything that could fall and be harmful so I'm thinking a cool vinyl piece with his name? I'm not sure. But there you have it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January