Five Recent Recipes

Now that Brooks is to the stage where I can actually set him down (ha! sometimes), I've being making some new recipes. Here are my recent favorites if you need some meal inspiration!

All pictures are from their respected websites, I didn't think to take my own, sorry!


Chop everything, toss in the oil and spices then bam! Cook and you're done. I served this over rice and it was delicious! Plus it's full of veggies, hello healthy. It's so versatile too. Throw any veggies you got in there.

A friend from church made this for us after I had Brooks and I finally asked her for the recipe. This makes a lot and keeps well. I've been on a sweet potato kick lately after. I bought them for Brooks then realized how much I actually like them. Well I think they're technically yams...I don't know. ANYWAYS for this recipe you don't have to use wild rice, I've made it with brown rice and it turned out great. Also the longer it sits after you put the dressing on, the better it tastes.

I was craving pancakes for dinner one night while Dan was out of town, but I don't love traditional pancakes. I hate when they're thick, cakey and dry. There are some pancakes that are airy, fluffy but not dense however I've never been able to recreate that at home. So I gave these a shot and I'm in love! I made them twice in a week they were so good! Plus they're pretty healthy too. And Brooks liked them so you know they gotta be good.

I've made various roll recipes and they've all turned out good, but I'm still looking for great. This recipe got me closer! I have an aunt on each side that I refer to as the goddesses of rolls and I want to be one too! But seriously who doesn't love bread? This is the closest I've got and I think if I made a few more times It'd be perfect. I discovered that my problem is most likely adding too much flour to combat the sticky. The recipe said it was supposed to be sticky so I tried it and they turned out way fluffier.

This is a recipe that I rediscovered. It's from The Simple cookbook I own but here's an online version of it. So simple and easy but flavorful! I usually have all the ingredients on hand except the sausage. I also sub milk + butter for heavy cream because I don't keep that on hand. So tasty!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January