They Come in Three's

Monday was a glorious day. I've told you time and time before that I love going to work and that I love my job, but Monday had a wonderful pick-me-up in the form of SHOES.

New Nike Free 5.0! Custom for ICCU of course. When you put the tongues together they say 'GREEN TEAM' I was so excited when I got them I couldn't resist wearing them right then! It definitely didn't go with my outfit but I was in drive-thru so no one saw my feet. So comfy!

Masta Dan and I went to lunch with one of my very best friends! Her and I were inseparable until she moved away in high school. I love it when she comes to visit Idaho, it's like she never left!


This week has also been a week of 3's. You know, when something happens it always happens in threes! This week our hands should have been itchy because our group of 3 had to do with money.

1. My manager calls me into his office. I'm not alarmed because the times when I do something wrong on purpose are very few and far between. I'm friends with my manager but as soon as the door shut I started thinking ...have I done anything wrong lately that I don't remember...? Having the door shut is like an unspoken sign of something serious going down... even when it's usually not. He started with, "This meeting is good!" I was instantly relieved! ICCU made some changes in their pay tiers and I got a raise! A pretty good one too! And I'm almost done with my last belt which will result in another raise whoo hoo!

2. I'm reading through my school email and my heart instantly skips a beat when I see the email saying my financial aid has been updated. What's worse is then I have to go navigate to the separate financial aid page to see what changed. I am so impatient! My jaw dropped to the floor when I see I've been award the largest pell grant I've personally ever received. Guys this means I get to finish school!! Well, I was always planning on finishing but this takes a huge weight off my shoulders.

3. Dan was offered a job. Yes, you read that right. He was offered a full(ish) time job from now until August. It'll pay around $16/hr. What?! Through word of mouth someone was like, 'Oh you're looking for an employee? Dan would be great at that' He went and talked to them and they offered him a job. Networking at it's finest!

We have been incredibly thankful in our prayers and are reminded of how we need to give back as much as we can.

The rest of our week was pretty normal. We rented Saving Mr. Banks and we really liked it. It made me want to watch Mary. Poppins again! I'd recommend it!  We were finally able to sell the Go Pro and used the money to buy a refurbished iPad Air and I love it! It'll be nice to use so Dan can study for his CPA exam using the app while we are out of town and on a vacations this summer. I'm actually using it right now to finish this post, it's fun! We're doing really good and are so thankful for all the love and support we receive from family and great friends.

This week is Dan's first week at his new job and it's a short week for me because we're going to Idaho Falls and Rexburg this weekend for my cousins wedding. If you're on that side of the state and want to see us just holla! I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to come say hi :)

Day 16: What are your 5 of your accomplishments?

1. Being sealed for eternity to Dan in God's Temple. It was so funny on my wedding day to realize I had just accomplish one of the BIGGEST goals in my life. Being married in the temple was my life goal! All the sudden I was like... uhh... what's my new goal? Now what am I working towards? Well now it's becoming a better wife and person every day!

2. Running a 5k. I am not a natural runner so this was a big deal for me. I trained so that I wouldn't die and I'm happy I finished and completed it :)

3. Having a job that I love. Every job I've previously had I've enjoyed tut at the time because I was trying to make the best of it. After I left those jobs I let myself realize just how much I hated those jobs! (Accept my secretary/filing jobs) Making sandwiches at minimum wage? Not my favorite thing in the world. It involved nasty food trash and hungry customers. Hotel breakfast person? So early and lots of labor for minimum wage. For the first time I have a real job that I love! My job makes me feel important and I really enjoy the people I associate with. There are some hard days but when I move I'm really going to miss this place! I'm so grateful for the job I have!

4.  Singing in church. I'm going through this phase where I'm trying to learn and do new things. I ran a race, learned to crochet and sang a duet in church. The singing terrified me. I couldn't get my knees to stop shaking while I was up there, but I survived and from what I heard it sounded decent! It's been a while since I've willingly pushed myself out of my comfort zone. It's quite the adrenaline rush but I think it's healthy for you!

5. Getting a A in Chemistry 105. You may think this is a joke but I kid you not! My chemistry teacher was a short Mexican that wore a bow tie almost everyday.  Sometimes he wore a tie but we found out later his wife makes all his ties and bow ties, how cute is that! His name was Mr. B. His Spanish last name was too hard for us to pronounce. Anyways he is an incredibly smart man. He received his education in Mexico and is just brilliant when it comes to Chemistry. My mind was blown countless times in that class and I also found him very intimidating. Anyways, in high school I was always known as the smart friend. People knew I cared about my grades and that I took hard classes. In this college Chemistry class I did not feel smart and decided this might be a time that it's okay to get a C. I could be average just like everyone else! One day in lab Mr. B came up to me and was hovering as I was handling some chemicals. I froze What do I do? What's my name? Uhhh... I decided to just smile at him. "What's your grade in this class?" Oh gosh, straight for the heart! I was actually pretty proud of my grade comparative to what everyone else had in the class. "I have an 85%" He started at me, "Why so low?" aaand there goes the jugular. I didn't know what to say because I was very satisfied with my grade at that point. I didn't have a C! "I struggle the most with the labs," I told him honestly. "You need to get an A. You are very smart. I want you as a tutor next semester" he said then walked away. And that was it. I didn't even know he knew of my existence in his class! Honestly that was the only pep talk and motivation I needed! I went into high gear and worked my butt off! I have never spent so much time with my lab partner or in the library in my life! It was worth it. I totally got an A :) Funny story though, I ended up not being able to tutor, darn scheduling! But then I thought to myself... why would I even want to do that?! Hey at least it motivated me to do well in the class haha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January