Boise Music Festival

This weekend was our Wacky Weened at work! I finally have a flag shirt now
'murrica!

And here's a random picture of me and Tucker that I found
He was more interested in the yogurt drops

This week has been the normal, working, studying and homework for us. We needed to go have some fun so we went to the Boise Music Festival! (Thanks to ICCU for the tickets) I haven't been in a couple years and I remember why haha... it's super hot and crowded. It was nicer in the evening when the sun was going down. I love the fair atmosphere though and all the fried food smells, yum! Dan and I mostly wanted to see Train so in the meantime we hung out in the shade and people watched. People are so interesting! And as a side note, the hip fashion choices for the 12-16 age group right now suck. High wasted mom jean shorts need to stop. Haha they're not flattering! Anyways we luckily found an amazing parking spot and were able to see Train. We were actually pretty far from the stage but the sound was crystal clear so I didn't really care about actually seeing him haha. He was okay live. Kind of what I expected (missed some of the high notes sometimes) but I still enjoyed it! Dan and I know and love a lot of their songs so it was fun. 


We skipped the expensive, over priced fair food and went and got something local on our way home. What's more local than Westside Drive In? Shakes and fries!

We decided we should go back for an actual meal because everything looked delicious


I've tried some new recipes lately!

These are the best homemade brownies I have yet to find. The batter is super thick but they turn out so chewy and moist (I know some people hate that word, but I don't care). They don't keep super well for more than 2-3 days so make sure you have people to devour them right away. Recipe found here!

The second one I tried was a potato soup I made for a sick friend. I don't have very many soup recipes that I've tried and loved because Dan isn't a huge fan of soup. I love soup though! I tried this one because it looked easy and I have an immersion blender (Side note: somehow I ended up not splattering boiling hot soup all over me while trying to do that, miracle!). I really liked it and will probably make it again! And it's from Pioneer Woman so truly, how could you go wrong? Recipe found over here!

My birthday is coming up! This brings me to some work stories. Members are asking me what I'm doing for the 4th. I tell them the usual, probably BBQ, family friends and fireworks. And then I say we'll probably celebrate my birthday that weekend too. After the whole, 'Oh happy birthday! I hope it's great!' They ask how old I am. Since I'm hard to offend in that area I ask them to take a stab at it.

"You don't look a day over 16!"
"I'm going to guess high.... 20-22?"
"Definitely 24" (This person knew I was married and a little bit more about me)

So anywhere from the 16-24 range, not too bad. But really I'm turning 22. I have a feeling I'm going to be dancing around in our bedroom to 22 by TSwift. But if I don't, I'm missing a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity so I can't pass that up. I can't decide what I want to do for my birthday. I'm always bad at telling people what I want too. We found a solution for that by making an amazon wishlist. It's like pinterest for things you legitimately want!

Anyways I'm super excited for the next coming weeks; Mama R's birthday, CPA Exam, my birthday, America's birthday, Colorado then Canada! This coming month is going to be busy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January