A Wedding Weekend

Dan's new job started this week! So far he likes it and it's going really well! This week at work I got my last raise. One more dollar and I am now done with my last belt.

Wednesday was super fun! Dan and I went to the Country Stomp concert and it was so fun! We met some friends there and we were super close to the stage. It was fun because it was outside at the amphitheater. We saw Chuck Wicks, Jon Pardi, and Thomas Rhett. They put on a show! It was so fun and I really enjoyed it. It was very entertaining to watch a lot of drunk people. It's not often I am around hammered drunk people but there were some who were very far gone and it was funny. We had a great time at the concert and we loved it!



Friday we left to Idaho Falls with the wonderful Aunt Sue! She flew in from California Wednesday night and we drove to the other side of Idaho on Friday. My cousin got married this weekend so the four of us headed down. Dan was going to drive down a little bit later because he had a fun work event. 

On the drive over we stopped by my Grandma's  grave because I haven't actually seen the headstone on it. It was so pretty and it was nice to visit her grave.



When we got to Idaho Falls we met everyone at Reed's Dairy and got some delicious ice cream. Reed's is always a mandatory stop when we're here. We had a family dinner with who ever was here from both sides of the wedding. Afterwards we took some of my Aunts and we when shopping. Kohls, Target and DownEast treated us well!

We were sitting in the hotel that night when Ryan realized the only shoes he brought were the ones he was wearing... flip flops! Flip flops in the temple...hmmm... So we made a 10:30pm trip to Walmart. I also happened to find some cute $9 shoes in the kids section that fit me! Just my luck :)

The next day was wedding day! We made our way to the good old Burg for the sealing. It was weird to be back in Rexburg. For a second there I thought, "oh... I miss Rexburg..." And then I realized how ridiculous I sounded. There were certain things I miss about it but I'm glad to be out of the town as a whole. It's just a town full of memories! That's where I met Dan, dated for a year, went to school for two years, spend our first year of marriage. So many good memories and friends. It's good for a visit :) 

The sealing was great and then it was time for them to come out and take pictures. They looked great. I mean Darren looked good but Kelsey was STUNNING. She's the sister I never had and I'm so happy for her. I can't believe all the things we've done together! It's been such a fun long ride :)







 

After pictures Dan and I headed for to Freeman's (used to be Ferrel's, the suit shop Dan worked at while we lived here) and picked up some suit essentials. Our good friend Tanner still works there still so he gave Dan a good discount for some needed work apparel. Then to curb our appetites we went to an authentic Mexican restaurant.  It was the best Mexican food I've ever had! It was so delicious! We might have even gone back for seconds later.


We went to the luncheon and socialized then afterwards I did some homework and took a needed nap. We hung out, played some games and it was fun! 

Then it was time for the reception. It was a carnival theme and it was so adorable! Everything turned out amazing! Kathleen Clements did my reception and Kelsey's and she never disappoints! She does an incredible job and everything was just perfect.


 



Sadly we had to leave kind of early so we could get back in time for church the next day. We left at 8:30pm and got home 12:30am thank goodness Dan is like superman and was perfectly alert and awake the whole time because I was passed out!

Overall it was a wonderful weekend! My favorite part was being able to see family that I don't often see. this makes me even more excited for our trip to Canada this summer! Bring on the Maple Syrup :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January