She Kisses my BooBoos...

Dan is done with his semester! Yahoo!! I'm so proud of him for finishing strong! He has one more class to take during the summer, it's only a three week class. And then he'll be DONE FOREVER. I started calling him "Masta' Dan" (in an asian voice) and he's like, I haven't graduated yet! haha it's fun.

We went to Camille & Blake's house for a Cinco de Mayo get together. We showed up and saw this:

How awesome is this? Baby stache.

This week was pretty normal, work, class, homework. We went to Red Robin to celebrate Dan's semester being over and it was delicious like usual. I went out to breakfast with the branch and this new place called Le Peep. It's a brunch place and over all it was pretty good. You can tell the staff is still very new... but if you cut them some slack then they did pretty well.

When I pulled into Le Peep's parking lot I reached into my bag to just take my wallet in. Nothing. I started digging around and pulling things out and realized I didn't have my wallet. Panic. This is not like me at all. Did I lose it, or did I just leave it at home? It turns out I left it in my other purse that I had used TWO DAYS before. I had been driving around without my wallet for two days and didn't notice. Good thing I'm a good driver and don't speed... hahah. And thank goodness I have great coworkers that will cover my meal (Thanks Michelle!). And thank goodness I work at a bank so it's super easy for me 1. transfer money to pay my coworker back and 2. withdraw money with out my ID. Hahah oops!

Sunday we went to my friend Amelia's mission homecoming talk. It was so good to see her and all the other people from the ward I haven't seen in a while! She's such a sweet girl and an awesome example. Then we went and had dinner with my parents to celebrate mothers day! 




I'm so thankful for not only my mother but my mother-in-law too and for the things they taught us and the people they raised us to be. Around mother's day I always like to reflect on the other mother-like figures and great women role models I've had while growing up. I personally think that it's the worlds definition of motherhood is based on having children. Didn't God approve Adam when he called Eve the Mother of all living, before she had even born children? God's definition of motherhood is the women who posses those divine, Godlike qualities of nurturing, patience, kindness and love. I've had amazing examples of mothers in my life and I aspire to be like them!


Work Stories

1. An elderly man walked into the branch. When I first greeted him I don't think he heard me so I talked louder. "Hello! How are you?" I loudly said to him. He came up to my station, looked at me a gasped, then yelled (and I mean yelled), "WELL YOU SURE ARE CUTE!" I just had to start laughing. In our building sounds travel very freely and well, I think everyone in the branch heard that one!

2. I helped this one member who was explaining to me how he was a huge fan of ICCU. He was telling me how no other financial institution compares to the service we give him. First of all I love hearing this feedback because it makes me love my job even more! While he was getting his things in order to leave he got a phone call. He put his friend on speaker phone and said, "Hey I'm just finishing up at the bank, you're on speaker phone so don't... say anything," his friend bantered back threatening to swear while he was on speaker phone and he threatened enough that he picked up the phone and turned the speakerphone off. Everyone in the branch was laughing. The guy was like, "Naw, I'm here at the bank. I don't want you swearin'! I have a nice lady here that's been helping me. She's what you would call a 'sweetie' and she don't need to hear none of that! That's why you can't be swearin'" You know it sounds really nice when I type it out but it make me feel super awkward at the time.

3. A couple months ago I was walking through the parking lot to the temple to do a session with Dan when this man starts stammering and pointing at me, "Oh you! Yeah you! Uh.. Aubri! You are... I saw... working... you're form the credit union!" I was just giving him some confused nods until he said credit union and then I could finally place his face. "Oh yeah! That's me, I do work there!" Well this guy came in today and I helped him. I asked him for his member number and he said he didn't know it. He took his temple recommend out of his wallet and asked if that would do (I didn't realize it was the same man until right then) We laughed about how he recognized me and said, "I had no idea you were old enough to be married and going to the temple!" I told him that I'm actually turning 22 this July. "No really? You don't look a day over 15!" Hahah.... uh thank you? I don't know about you but I was not cute at 15 haha. Maybe this is a blessing now because one day when I'm old, I'll actually want to look younger?

Day 12: Describe a typical day in your life.

In case you're legit interested... here you go! If I'm going for a run in the morning I'll get up anywhere between 6:30-7am. I usually run anywhere from 20-30 minutes on the greenbelt. I come back and stretch because by then my calves are screaming, plus I always want to stay flexible like I was when doing dance and gymnastics. I shower, get dressed, do my hair & make up (I can do those 2 things in 30 minutes or less now!). Then I go eat breakfast and read my scriptures at the same time. My go-to breakfast as of late is 2 eggs over medium and some toast. I pack my lunch for work (I take a lunch everyday), kiss the husband goodbye and leave for work.

Depending on the time it usually takes me 15-20 min to get to work. I love being early for everything so I always leave 30 minutes before my shift. I get to work and put my things away. I log in to my computer, get my cash drawer out and then it's deposits, withdrawals, payments and helping members achieve financial success until it's lunch. I get an hour lunch which I spend some time browsing facebook and instagram, sometimes I crochet, sometimes my coworkers and I watch cash cab. If I didn't have a chance to read my scriptures that morning I'll do it during lunch. Then for at least 5 minutes I try to meditate during my lunch. Just close my eyes, clear my mind, relax and re-energize myself. It's a new thing I'm doing.

I got back to work and try my best to help people and save them lots of money. During the down time at work I balance our checkbook, do some online homework, read & learn more work procedures, and read books for my belt. The belt system at work is how we gauge our learning and raises. There are 4 belts you complete roughly with in the first year of working there. Your manager signs off as you read books and demonstrate knowledge and procedures. It's pretty cool.

Depending on my shift I'll either peace out or spend my evening closing. Closing at a financial institution is way different than any of my other jobs. When I worked at Port of Subs and the Hotel I would be ticked when people come in right before close. Now that I'm at ICCU, it's all good! Closing with food is way different (and dirtier) than closing at a credit union. It's rad. After work I drive home, once again like 15-20 minutes depending on how smart people are being. I'm just saying, I'm not a honker when it comes to driving but I've vigorously honked at two people this last week! Both, if they ended up in collisions, wouldn't have been my fault. People sometimes!

When I get home I'll either start dinner or help Dan finish making it. We'll eat together, talk about our days and how they went. We'll relax and then work on some more homework/work things. Sometimes we'll go play tennis or talk a walk through the park. Sometimes when I don't run in the mornings I'll run after work. We'll usually end up watching an episode of Chopped (my favorite) or Parks and Rec (which we both like) if there's more down time. Then it's my favorite part, bed time! I love relaxing, sprawlin' out and cuddlin' up to Dan. This usually results in him having to shove me back over to my side int he middle of the night. Apparently I'm a bed hog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January