A Week of Firsts

This week was a big week for us! Lots of little things happened.

Monday was my comp day this week so no work for me! I was surreal to have a Monday off but it was nice. Dan and I started the day with a run and then I got to choose what we were going to do. UMM... THE ZOO. No question. And it was glorious

"We go to the Zoo and the first picture she takes is of a goose..." - Dan
haha it's true! I thought it was funny the goose was wandering around the zoo.





This is what happens when I try to take pictures.

...once again...
ain't he cute though?

Dan took this one :) Obviously

" 'Murrica" - Dan

I loved the Zoo! Animals are so cute :)

Thursday was sushi night with some friends! It was a birthday/end of semester celebration. We went to IOU Sushi and it was delicious! Dan ate the chicken bowl but tried a few sushi rolls. He wasn't a fan of the ones with the salmon on top haha.

Some people got the all you can eat and I was tempted to. I'm so glad I didn't because I could barely finish the two rolls I ordered! It was so good though. This is the look Tucker was giving me though:

Not. Amused.

Work was busy this week! I felt like I was constantly doing something or helping someone. Friday we were so shorthanded so we all volunteered to not take a lunch hour and eat while we work so we can better help the members. It's a good thing we did because it was busy. I was in drive thru and by the end of the day I was exhausted! Plus I broke my transaction record. Previously I have 114 transaction in a day but Friday I got to 131. That's crazy for our branch! Some branches see that every day but we sure don't. 

My mom also brought me this Race Day basket at work. How awesome is she?


Saturday was RACE DAY! I was more nervous that I thought I would be. I was seriously having an internal freak out. But first I was able to cheer Dan across the finish line! He ran the half marathon and he did it faster than we anticipated so I only got one picture of him and it looks like he's throwin' up gang signs.


Then after we celebrated I hopped on the bus to the start line. I started the race too fast and couldn't find my pace with a million people around me. I tired really quickly at the beginning. After the crowd thinned out I was able to find my pace and my breathing and I was mostly good from there. That last mile I felt great and Dan snapped some good pictures, thanks Dan!









Best feeling ever.

That night we went to the Boise Philharmonic so that was cool! Sunday brought out next series of firsts. I sang a duet in church! holy cow I was so nervous, but that fact that I was singing harmony most of the time calmed my nerves. I knew my notes and I feel like it went well. I'm no Celine Dion but I just wanted to express my love for God and bring the spirit into the meeting. Also, Dan was called and set apart as the 2nd Counselor in the bishopric. I'm excited for this opportunity for him to serve and I think he's going to be great. With me in the Relief Society and him in the Bishopric, we're going to be busy! But when is being busy ever been bad?


Day 13: Describe 5 weaknesses you have.

1. I like to sleep. Mmmm... so comfy!
2. Mini things. I might have a strong impulse to buy something solely because it's mini. Mini bagels? So cute!
3. Corgi's. Obviously.
4. A good deal. Especially when it comes to clothing and shoes.
5. Dan in general. Just everything about him really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January