We Almost Won a Car

I started a running program this week. Please... don't look SO surprised. I've done the Couch to 5k program before but it was mostly on a treadmill. This time I want to do it outside and I want to run a race! My plan was to do the Famous Potato 5k here in Boise.

What inspired me to do this? That's a good question. Except for dance and gymnastics any other time I've worked out it's because I felt like I needed to change my body to live up to a standard. For a while I stopped working out because I didn't enjoy it. I was doing it for the wrong reasons. I decided to maintain my weight and love who I was and I did! I was really successful with embracing myself. Then the holiday break came and I found myself having to sprint through an airport to catch our flight. I was embarrassingly out of breath and my chest was burning. Then the thought dawned on me What if I had my bags with me? or What if I had children with me? Suddenly I found a reason that was applicable to me and that didn't have to do with wanting to change myself or live up to an unreachable standard.

What am I running?

I'm running so I can sprint through an airport with bags, children and/or Noah's Ark when I need to.
I'm running so I can run away from a bad situation if I ever need to.
I'm running so my children will have an example of how to treat their bodies.
I'm running so I can be outside.
I'm running because I actually want to!

So there's that! Plus the amazing weather is really lifting my spirits. Love that sunshine! Here's a funny story from my last run.

I run on the green belt through Ann Morrison and there's geese. Everywhere. It doesn't even phase you when you see a goose because they're everywhere. I'm running and I see this heard of geese by the path. Thought nothing of it. They're so used to humans they just move and we don't acknowledge each other's existence. All the sudden one goose starts honking and if I was sprinting at him with a gun. Next thing I know I have a whole flock of geese just honking at me as loud as they can as I run by. I was so surprised, usually they could care less about me. But then I realized if I listened really hard, it's almost as if they were CHEERING for me as I ran by saying, 'you can do it! or 'don't stop!' all together in unison! I don't know about you but apparently I'm cool enough to have a moral support group made up of geese. Okay that doesn't sound as cool when I type it out...

I found this super funny but I'm not quite sure why. I found it on YouTube and have watched it like 3 times now. So... enjoy?

I had Tuesday off of work so Dan and I took advantage of it and went to BWW with some friends. Tuesdays is their special deal on wings so we just HAD to go right? Their Salt & Vinegar wings are to die for! I could just eat those all day every day and be happy.

Friday night we had a date night with another couple we met. She works at ICCU too and we met at a BSU game ICCU was sponsoring. We went and did a session at the temple and then went and got some delicious fro yo from U-Swirl. Saturday I didn't have to work! We went grocery shopping, did some homework, made a bomb pizza for dinner, then went to the Stampede game.

The Stampede Game is a story all on it's own! At an accounting event  at school Dan sweet talked his way into doing the half time show! He had to make a lay up, free throw, 3 pointer and a half court shot in 30 seconds to win a new Ford! He wasn't able to get it but it was so fun to watch him do it!



Then we were sitting and just enjoying that game and one of the cheerleaders runs up to us, begging us to be in another intermission show. We were like- we just did one, but the other couple they had didn't show up so they were desperate. We said of course! It was a potato sack race across the floor. I had to go down and Dan had to come back, first one wins. We were against 2 other pairs and like usual, Dan was determined to win! When I was waiting on the court to hear go, this guy sitting in the court side seats says, "Hey you! I'm rootin' fo you! Cause you da cutest!" I was flattered until I realized all the other contestants were men. Anyways they said GO and I was off. I almost face planted around half court but I tagged Dan and he made up all the gain they had on us and won! We didn't win anything cool but a free appetizer at PF Changs. Haha it was still really cool and fun! That THREE half time shows we've been in. I want to see how many more we can do :)



Day 4: List 5 things you would tell your 16 year-old self if you could.

1. Ditch the fake friends and hold on to the good ones.
2. Have more confidence in yourself! You're smarter than you think and better than you know.
3. Comparison is the thief of joy. Don't care about what other people think. Make a name for yourself.
4. Take some cooking classes in high school!
5. Live in the moment and love life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A wedding and a crash... does that make us wedding crashers?

This is Important

January